Quantcast

Living With Fibromyalgia - Online Support Group

Why do so many people NOT wash their hands

Before the Corona hit, I was in the public library. Went to bathroom. There is a row of sinks and faucets + paper towels. I was standing there washing my hands like I have done for 70 years (before that my mom washed them for me) and I heard TWO toilets flush. Two individuals walked out, right past me and opened the door and left. They were not together. There was about 4 seconds between them. SO - i told a friend who works in a hospital cafeteria. She said even though signs are posted, people preparing food for sick people and visitors do NOT wash their hands before leaving the bathroom. What should WE do to stay safe?

Keep doing what you’re doing, and make sure that you wash your hands thoroughly and frequently. I don’t understand how people can just walk out of the bathroom like that. That’s pretty crazy.

Sharon from ModSupport

1 Like

We can’t control what other people do or even think, but we can control what actions we take and what words we speak.

I agree with Sharon, keep doing what you’re doing. Try not to let it scare you too much, and if you see something, (if you can’t say something) you can always make sure you are doing what you can to protect yourself.

The germiest things people handle are money, paper and coins. Not the bathroom so much.