Quantcast

Living With Fibromyalgia - Online Support Group

Why do I do this?

You would think I would learn . . . but I never seem too. :roll_eyes:

Yesterday was a pretty good day - I wasn’t out of it, the pain and fatigue was manageable and in general it was a good day.

I had picked up 10# of ground beef 2 weeks ago but then things went south like they are so good at doing and I didn’t get it divided up. I had just stuck it in the freezer to deal with later. So I tackled that yesterday. I got about 1/2 of it brown, bagged and frozen. Then tucked the rest in the fridge to finish as patties later. Then since I was feeling SO good, you know :smirk:, we ran to the store and got some groceries.

By the time we got home I was beginning to feel it but I pushed ahead. I pulled the meat out and seasoned it, then put it back in the fridge to “marinate” overnight. I should have been smart enough to quit then but felt I JUST HAD to do the dishes before I called it a day.

Needless to say, last night was pretty rough pain wise and it’s been not so good today and the fatigue has really flared as well. I did get the patties done - working at it in stages - and got those froze, well the ones I didn’t save out for supper. No way was I was cooking tonight. LOL However, that is all I got done. The dishes from today are still sitting there waiting, the floors still need swept and all the rest but I really don’t care.

My son told me last night “I wondered” when I told him I thought I had done too much. Why is it that when I am feeling good I think I can do anything I want? I seem to forget that I still need to be careful or I will pay for my foolishness. You would think that after 12 plus years of this I would have it through my thick head. :roll_eyes:

I sure understand that!! Because you never know how you’re going to feel from one day to the next, when you feel decent you want to get a lot done. When I do overdo it, I try to take a hot, Epsom salt bath in the evening. I know they don’t always help, but they often do. Hugs❤️