Where Do You Land

I have a new blog post up about landings, places where we find comfort and joy. Check it out at http://dahm-fibro.blogspot.com/2014/12/where-do-you-land.html and let me know your ideas about finding your spot.

Awesome blog Linniepies, I always enjoy reading your stuff. For me, my dining room/family room is my comfort / landing space most of the time. I have a big recliner that is so comfy and I can use my laptop there or just relax. I am thinking of repainting the room, I had wanted to do it this year but didn't have the energy. Maybe I will accomplish this next year. In small steps to make it more manageable. Hugs! Michelle

Hello Linniepies,

Had not thought about this too much, but then realised at the end of everyday I so love getting back to my lounge, and stretching out on my comfy settee. Had it all redecorated a few years ago, pre-grandchildren. Cream carpet, cream walls, cream leather settees, Once grandchildren came along got rid of the cream carpet! Now after a couple of years of grandchildren living with me, and their associated toys being all around, it is back to how I like it. No toys, no clutter.

Take care, Anne

Linnie, thank you for this inspiring and wonderfully imaginative blog post. :slight_smile:
After some serious daydreaming, I am thinking a magical place would be just the right place for me to land. I so enjoy reading, watching movies and creating art for just this reason. They take me to a place where my imagination is without boundaries.

I loved your blog and so agree that we need 'just me space'. I too long for that, and have imagined creating such a space. I love my house too. I bought it myself after my divorce and I am very proud that I have been able to provide for my child all on my own. Until I create that special space, and I do feel inspired by your post Linnipies, I find comfort in my big leather recliner that makes me feel small and child-like surrounded by warmth and softness. I also love my bedroom. It really reflects me with all my animal and plant pictures, brightly coloured duvet covers and brightly painted walls. I feel happiness in that room. Thanks again for sharing your blog, it has brought a very large smile to my face today and I feel good. Hugs to you!!!!

Thank you all so much for your comments. We all can dream our spaces and find comfort each in our own way. Love and Hugs to you all!!!

This blog post looks great!

The blog is looking great - you seem to have put quite some effort into it!

Sitting here at my desktop is my 'landing place'. I have a room in my parents home and that is my own little world so to say but nothing comes closer to comfort than my 'office chair' that is set up just right for me and nothing settles my mind more than sitting at the computer(s) and getting immersed in one thing or another there (except, maybe, when I'm propped up in bed reading).

I too struggle with organizing and getting things done and it can be annoying to me. I think I have my 'thumb in too many pies' sometimes! That's just how I have been for years though; full of ideas, some come to fruition where others find a comfortable place on the 'back boiler' for me to stress over later (in a positive way).

It can be difficult, at times, to find a 'landing place' or somewhere we can call our own personal refuge. We do sometimes need that refuge though. I love my family and friends for instrance - but sometimes need that special place just for me. The good thing for you in this is that you recognise the need for such a place and you are doing something about that need.

Kindest regards,

Michael.

Michael - you hit it right on the head. We all need that space but it is different for each of us and only we can define it. I so love my family but I do need to go to a quiet place much of the time and regroup. On Christmas night I took flight there while the hustle and bustle was still on going and I so loved hearing them laugh and enjoy themselves while I rested. What a blessing to be close by but able to chill at the same time. Love & Hugs....

Michael said:

The blog is looking great - you seem to have put quite some effort into it!

Sitting here at my desktop is my 'landing place'. I have a room in my parents home and that is my own little world so to say but nothing comes closer to comfort than my 'office chair' that is set up just right for me and nothing settles my mind more than sitting at the computer(s) and getting immersed in one thing or another there (except, maybe, when I'm propped up in bed reading).

I too struggle with organizing and getting things done and it can be annoying to me. I think I have my 'thumb in too many pies' sometimes! That's just how I have been for years though; full of ideas, some come to fruition where others find a comfortable place on the 'back boiler' for me to stress over later (in a positive way).

It can be difficult, at times, to find a 'landing place' or somewhere we can call our own personal refuge. We do sometimes need that refuge though. I love my family and friends for instrance - but sometimes need that special place just for me. The good thing for you in this is that you recognise the need for such a place and you are doing something about that need.

Kindest regards,

Michael.