Quantcast

Living With Fibromyalgia - Online Support Group

Want to talk but feel embarrassed

I’ve been struggling for the past 3 years with no diagnosis. I have a constant tidal wave of pain in every part of my body, I rarely get sleep, I’m having horrible “Fibro fog”, and I continually dose off in class (unintentionally, it feels like I’ve been drugged), and I don’t know who to talk to or what to do. I’ve thought a lot about speaking again with my parents about what I can do, but I’m having a horribly difficult time confronting them. I feel like no matter what I say it’s a joke to them, everyone tells me I’m fine, it’s in my head, or that I should drink more water or eat healthier or exercise, or that it’s just depression. But I know it’s not, I feel this pain and it’s real, but no one will listen. It’s been putting me down for so long. I’m losing hope of ever being better, I don’t have good days anymore. I wake up every morning wishing I hadn’t. I don’t know what to do, I’m completely alone in this. And I just need someone to understand and tell me it’s ok.

IT’S GONNA BE OK!! Fibro is a hard thing to have. You don’t “look” sick so therefore you must be just fine. I have been trying to explain it to people for years. It is very hard to deal with. I will say this…It’s not in your head! The pain is real. I completely understand the exhaustion. It’s like someone has turned off a switch and your body just shuts off. I get it. It happens to me. Certain foods trigger that in my case. I cannot eat anything processed. Takes me right down. Stay on this site. I have had fibro for 20 years and just found this site about 3 months ago. It has been very helpful to me. Don’t loose hope. It is a life style change. Keep a diary of what you do, what you eat, what you drink and how you felt. eventually you will see similiar things that trigger it and you will know to stay away from it. also, I do aqua therapy which also seems to be helping.
feel free to vent on this site. it’s what it’s here for…to help each other.
stay strong!!!
hopeful1

2 Likes

I feel like I could’ve written this word for word exactly the same to my own life. I can definitely relate to you, only I have a diagnosis. It took me nearly 2 years to get a diagnosis though. And that process was exhausting, frustrating, and costly. Talking time to go to a doctor, to get lab tests done, out of pocket expenses, etc. to be told that all tests and labs look good and they can’t find anything. I started to get discouraged. You sound like you might be a little discouraged yourself. Stay proactive in your health. Recognize and listen to what your body is telling you. Rest when you feel like you’ve done too much. Take note of what you eat and what causes you to feel better or worse. I hope you don’t still feel alone. I know how that can feel. That’s why I just signed up for this website yesterday. You’re not alone. If you ever feel like you need someone to listen to you, I can promise you no judgment and nothing to be embarrassed about. From what I’ve been reading, it sounds like a lot of peeps here are a lot alike. Good luck and take care.