Used to be

I used to be able to jump out of bed be showered and dressed in ten minutes. get in my car go to work.. come home make a meal, walk my dog. relax and get up and do it again...

used to be that I can play softball, play video games, yes I may be older but who says there's an age limit,. used to be I could swim like a fish. date.. and get lucky..

this all used to be... can't do any of that anymore!

what happened? :(

My therapist keeps telling me I need to get used to a "New Normal". The things that used to be commonplace for me just aren't anymore, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy life. I'm working on that right now, I'll let you know if I find any shortcuts.

that would be s awesome.. good luck

I was competitive but mostly for fun. I was an alcoholic for
30 years. I've been sober for 4 years now. and then last year I get this. and not it's all about pain and flare ups and staying in bed and not doing anything.
I applied for ssi and honestly I don't see me winning. I don't look like I'm in pain. research in fibro and there's no help really. and then your brain gets all screwed up. I talk like a heroin addict. my brain goes to different things when I talk. and I don't do drugs.
I'm sorry rattled. I'm doing it now. it's really hard to tell someone here in my family that I hurt, that I'm in pain and I can't do that because I don't look it. ugh!

thank you sandy.

I wonder who is gonna love me now! who wants to be with all this?
it's very hard to find something good right now.

I know! Dog gone it! This stuff makes our lives so much different than they were before. I still have trouble knowing/remembering that I can't do stuff. I still volunteer for things I shouldn't and I end up declining to do it anyway.

Yes, we do have a new normal and it's ups and downs. Good days and bad. Hang in there. Enjoy the good days. Find things to do that you can do at home. Love life because it is short and it is a gift.

Big Sympathetic Hugs,

Kitty

Dear Poseysmom,

Sometimes the things we write remind me of the Bruce Springsteen song 'Glory Days', he couldn't have been much older than 30 or 31 when he wrote it either!

I know that we all long for the days you write of, I know you miss those days, me too, but now I have a new normal, and I had better not waste them too much, as one day I'll look back on these days affectionately, or hope to!

Being a grandmother is my big thrill, and though I'm not new to it, it keeps me going and gets me up and into life. Everyone needs something that does that. My heart goes out to all of you who face illness as parents, I honor your efforts, every single one of them!

Wishing you well,

SK

I’m working on that sk. Thanx