The whole world against me

Lately I often have the impression that the whole world is against me :frowning:

I never got accepted to uni for the subjects I really wanted to study…because I never got accepted to internships I wanted to do… I never get accepted for jobs I’m applying for so I end up disappointed all the way.

now I had a plan… i wanted to do further education bit I can’t because tge course schefule will probably clash with my uni classes (I’m not even happy with my studies)

PROBLEM: I told my boyfriend about the course because he wanted to do something too… and he got accepted…

Yes I’m happy for hom but it still hurts to see him live the plan I had for myself but couldn’t achieve :frowning:

Plus I think that knowing I have fibro makes the whole ‘conspiracy’ against me thing even worse :’(

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Epsi, I think nearly everyone here has wanted something badly and not gotten it at some point. I can appreciate the extra sting that your boyfriend was accepted when you weren't -- that hurts. I imagine you are still pretty young. As you get older, you may see that some of life's rejections turn out to be blessings in disguise, though you couldn't see it at the time. I know it has worked that way in my own life. Things that seemed like tragedies as I was experiencing them were really just redirects to a better path. Don't give up, keep trying, and when things don't work out, switch plans and try something new. Eventually, you will land where you need to be.

i like what dancermom said to you. its pretty much how i feel as well. i wish you all the best and send you HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS

Suzie

When I was first diagnosed, with PsA, I was a mess. More because I had very limited function than because of the diagnosis itself. However, I made a decision to continue living the life that I had planned for myself, regardless of how much my body protested along the way. It has been a really rocky, and there have been additional diagnoses along the way, but I'm still doing what I want to do with my life. Still, you can bet that in the beginning, I was pretty miserable and looking at what I would have to give up didn't make it better. I ended up going to a therapist and it really helped adjust the way I was looking at being sick. First, I needed to grieve for my old life, then I needed to decide what I wanted my life to be. It took a long time to get where I am now, but I am glad to be here.There were changes in plans, and concessions that had to be made, I had to force myself to a gazillion appointments, try new meds, and decide that I would do whatever I had to in order to have some sort of normal life.

It's okay to grieve for what might have been; we all need some time to do that. Just make sure that you don't forget to make time to planning what can be when you are able to let go of your sadness.