Symptoms,,, so many symptoms

Do you have any of the symptoms listed below??

I’m guessing that most of you do. Well, these are symptoms of Lyme disease!!

The symptoms of fibro were getting worse so I switched physicians. I believe that a steroid injection for SI Joint disease triggered my Lyme (which can hide in tissues for years) infection to go bananas.

I provide this info as food for thought if your fibro seems to be getting worse. Your thoughts??

Cardiac/Pulmonary: chest pain or rib soreness, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, pulse skips, heart block, heart murmur or valve prolapse.

Gastrointestinal: nausea or vomiting, difficulty eating, change in bowel function ( constipation, diarrhea), gastritis, abdominal cramping, irritable bladder or bladder dysfunction, cystitis.

Musculoskeletal: joint/muscle pain in feet, swelling in toes, balls of feet, ankle pain, burning in feet, shin splints, joint pain and/or swelling, stiffness of the joints, neck or back, muscle pain or cramps that may migrate, neck creaks and cracks, neck stiffness, TMJ.

Neurological: twitching of the face, eyelids or other muscles, headache, tingling, numbness, burning or stabbing sensations, facial paralysis (Bell’s palsy), dizziness, poor balance, increased motion sickness, light-headedness, wooziness, difficulty walking, tremor, confusion, difficulty in thinking or with concentration or reading,forgetfulness, poor short term memory, disorientation

Neuropsychiatric: mood swings, violent outbursts, irritability, depression, disturbed sleep - (too much, too little, early awakening), personality changes, obsessive compulsive disorder, paranoia, panic anxiety attack, hallucinations.

Reproductive: testicular pain / pelvic pain, menstrual irregularity, milk production (lactation), sexual dysfunction, loss of libido

Other: fever, sweats, or chills, weight change (loss or gain), fatigue, tiredness, hair loss, swollen glands, sore throat, difficulty swallowing, swelling around the eyes.

http://www.lymediseasesupportnetwork.org/

Ben has generously established a support site for Lyme.

I encourage you to get tested for Lyme… know that I had to undergo blood testing at three different laboratories to get a positive result. Don’t give up!

Yes i have some of those sytoms. I ask my dr. to test me for lyme disease.

Thanks Sunny!
Very similar to fibro. What are the key differences if you could help? And what’s the difference in treatment and prognosis? I tried looking at Lymes and Lupus before but not much clearer.
Worth checking out with doc, although I hope they ruled it out for us before being diagnosed.
Thanks again!
Jo

The every doctor I see seem find more wrong with me. Depressing!!!!

These symptoms can match up to about 30 different diseases, not just Lyme. Fibro, CFS, Epstein Barre Syndrome, Chrionic Fatigue syndrome, hypothyroid, neuro-endocrine disorders, and much more. I have them but I've been mostly bedridden for 12 years so I have not been near any Deer ticks. not always Lyne, as the Lyme community likes to teach that EVERY ilness is really Lyme.

I am so sorry your fibro has been so severe as to make you bedridden. I had no idea it could be so severe.

I have a friend who has asked me multiple times to be checked for lyme disease however I have never developed the specific conditions that are some of lyme. I am amazed however at how many different things come and go with the fibro, dry eyes condition, ibs, blurred and dimenished vistion, ataxia, muscle and joint pain, chronic fatigue just to name a few. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to add this to the conversation. I am sorry your diagnosis has added lyme disease as it does progress to other problems like ra doesn't it?

Well Sunflower thank you for this information, I have all those symptoms except the reproductive and psychiatric ones. Although when I think about I have had sleep problems and do get really irritable at times. However I also have thyroid symptoms, my lower legs are swollen from below my knees to above my ankles(myxoedemic legs), although my thyroid levels are OK. I don’t think I’ve got limes disease although I guess what this really says is it’s always a good idea to get tested. I think that it also means that Lymes disease and FMS damage the same tissues in the body, it may be an indicator for researchers. barb

Sunny, a great big THANK YOU for providing this list! It's AMAZING how similar the Lyme and fibro symptoms are...coincidental??? Is fibro triggered from Lyme in many cases???

In my case, I KNOW that I was bitten by a tick (don't know if it was a deer tick) and sickened with fibro-like symptoms in a similar time frame. I've had the initial Lyme test done but will ask my doctor if I can have the one that you had done. Might as well try and rule it in or out.

It's nothing short of miraculous that your dormant Lyme disease was discovered. It's nothing short of miraculous that you're doing so much better. Since my sister had it too, I have an idea of what you've suffered and am very GRATEFUL that you've made it through the worst of the Lyme disease. It is NASTY NASTY NASTY. Thank God that you were at a place where you were still treatable. So many things to be thankful for. Imagine if this had happened to you in the days before modern medicine? You'd be stuck with it forever. Stupid deer ticks!

Great hearing from you, Sunny and great to know that your life is on the upswing. Maybe some of us will be tested and may have an answer to our fibro symptoms. I wouldn't at all be surprised if Lyme was behind many fibro cases.

I'm also sorry for your bedridden state. That's got to be one heck of a struggle for you.

You would be amazed at how small those ticks are and easy to miss. They can be the size of a dot made by a pen. You could very easily have been bitten by one and never have known it. If you live or worked or hung out anywhere near where deer are, you could have been bitten by one.

Of course, you also make a good point that Lyme doesn't cause every illness. But it's also astonishing as to how easy it is to be bitten by a teeny tiny deer tick and get Lyme Disease without knowing it. It happened to my sister this summer. I guess it's a very common occurrence anymore. And if you don't know that you've been bitten and later on go on to develop these symptoms, guess what your doctor most likely will say that you have? Fibro. Meanwhile, fibro has no known cause. SOMETHING causes it. Is it so far out to think that an illness turned into disease borne by ticks could start it off? I don't know if it is.

PS: Not trying to argue with you, I'm just very curious about the whole fibro situation and like to speculate on the causes.

Is there a diffferent Lyme test you could take? Even if you have to pay out of pocket for it, think of the benefits you could reap if it turns out your illness IS Lyme disease!

It's so frustrating to be given a test that's only 35% accurate and (in my case) be told you don't have Lyme disease. The more accurate response would be that there's a chance the person being tested doesn't have it.

Oh Jen, this is alot to deal with, and reads like an autoimmune disease for sure! It's really not any or much different from Psoriatic Arthritis, but we don't have to deal with such harsh meds. OK, saying that , until I got to the biologics the sulfasalazine gave me a stomach ulcer and the methotrexate (chemo drug) made you sick to your stomach and woke up with blisters all through the inside and all over the outside of my mouth! The biologics are a breeze in comparrison, it's just getting to them! Hope you feel better soon! Wish you could have been diagnosed sooner.

The symptoms are so similar to fibro, it's really hard to distinguish them. I guess the best thing to do is to get tested for Lyme by a Lyme Literate Doctor and that way you can get treated if you are positive.

Hi soonersmile! Hope you are soon feeling well enough to smile! Glad to see you on the boards! Don't be a stranger, you always have such good info and compassion to add to everything! Hope you are well!

We love our nurses!

Hugs,

SK

allergic talks extensively about finding Lyme literate doctors! Guess it helps live near a big city for those, although ticks are mostly found in wooded areas! I have pulled them off the kids, flips me out!

I know, me too! It is always a pleasure to talk to and hear from Sheila, she knows more about fibro than I forgot! So glad I finally learned to cut and paste to add links! Ha! Hello Sheila, Hello soonersmile!

I know especially once they have some blood in them. UGGGGLY suckers!

Are deer ticks found out there? Let me go and look. Be right back.

Okay, here it is from coloedu:

No human cases of Lyme disease have originated in Colorado.

Well that was just from one site. You could look into it further.