Statins and FM

Had a really bad flare of hip bursitis out of the blue.
Had new pain in many parts of my body. The Cardiologist halfed my new stronger statins and now I’m much better. I had a scarily painful week til i realised what caused it. I am now lowering my cholesterol. I thing it was rising cos I ceased physio gym exercises that caused the heightened chol. Just thought I would pass it on. Mary

1 Like

Hi Mary, thanks for sharing!
I managed to get my blood fats down far below the target (LDL 47; target was 70) inside of 4-5 months with a strict Mediterranean diet. Researchers say this is also good for FM, as it is healthy anyway, altho I didn’t directly see any improvement in symptoms. My docs allowed me to stop Atorvastatin + Ezetimibe, altho I never had the muscle pain sfx. The check-up is due now. Same with blood pressure, cos most of my supps reduce blood pressure as a “side effect”. I’m hoping to keep both down without meds… :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

jCS
Hi Sounds like you have done well on the Mediteranean diet. I will have a look and decide. Thanks for feedback

1 Like

JayCS sorry that’s my short-term memory.:star_struck::relieved:

1 Like

Even people without fibro can get pain from those meds😂…i tried a natural statin and had the same result… i was able to use cholestoff and dropped my levels by 30

Interesting, thank you! I’d been thinking about supps for my blood fats, but hadn’t had time to look at them yet.
And the diet hast already dropped my LDL by 50 from 100 to 50 (70 being my target due to genetically high lipoprotein a) and my triglycerides from around 200 to 100.
Mayoclinic says about the contents of CholestOff “Plant sterols or stanols don’t appear to affect levels of triglycerides or of high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, the “good” cholesterol.”
This would mean being on my diet anyway. I use lots of canola oil for omega 3.
What I have also seen to decrease triglycerides is chromium (picolinate):