Living With Fibromyalgia - Online Support Group

Specialist to see for Chronic Active Epstein Barr Virus?


Can anyone recommend a doctor who specializes and/or has experience dealing with patients that have Chronic EBV?
I’ve had no luck looking so far for one, I don’t want to just go to any doctor, I want to see someone that is a respected physician who sees patients and reasearchers on EBV.

I’ve had active EBV for alittle over 2 years now. I’m 22 years old and it’s my 3rd time having EBV. Along with that, I have Fibromyalgia and CFS, which I see a great Rhumatologist for.
I just want to get to the bottom of this EBV. I’ve had it for so long, it’s never gone away and levels keep getting worse.
On top of that, I’m worried I could have another underlying condition that has yet to be found. I’m having an MRI soon of my brain to check for possible tumors in my pituitary gland, as my testosterone levels are below 150!!, crazy right, at the age of 22 when it should be at an all time high, I have levels of a 90 year old guy.
But back to EBV,
studies every year seem to pop up linking EBV to all types of cancers and diseases, and the longer one has, the more likely they are to develop cancer or a disease like Rhumatoid Arthritis.

Anyone know who I should see? Or what kind of doctor?

I live in Illinois, so anywhere in the state, my doctor I see monthly is in downtown Chicago.

Thanks for listening and any feedback!


Hi, have you asked your Rheumy or Primary doctor for recommendations? I am sorry you are having this re-occurrence of Epstein Bar. Hopefully someone else will have a recommendation. Hugs.