SOS. REALLY need some insight ASAP :( So scared

I'm on my last leg at my job.

My flares have been so bad that I have not been hearing alarms or phone calls, and I've been a no-show twice now :( I'm 99.9% sure that I am going to get fired today and I'm very scared. I have no other income and no one to help me. I'm 26 years old and I'm afraid of being homeless.

I know I need to apply for Disability, but there's a six month waiting period.. right? I'll be evicted by then :(

If anyone has ANY advice whatsoever, I'd love to hear it. I'm extremely depressed and I feel very alone.

Do you have short term disability at work? Can you talk to some one in human resources and explain what is going on? I have to take mom to the doctor but I will be back tonight.

I read you post and my heart goes out to you. I am not really up on all the special services available for us out there. But I do know how to pray, and will pray for you for peace and that things will work out.

In His Care

Melody

Hopefully you won't be terminated, but there is help for you! Disability doesn't have a waiting period they are just extremely slow. BUT there are a LOT of other programs I found this site for your state. https://www.yourtexasbenefits.com/ssp/SSPHome/ssphome.jsp

This the one for food stamps (think they call it something else now). http://www.hhsc.state.tx.us/help/Food/snap.shtml

There are a lot of resources and I don't know all of them. But call them up and see if you can get someone to help you. Also some churches have people that work to help people navigate these programs! Hang in there!! I'm praying for you! *Hugs*

Every county has a disabilities office. Go to yours as soon as you can...like tomorrow if you don't work. This will be difficult to push yourself through, but you usually have to be aggressive and very pro-active. A lot of us have been through and are still going through the disabilities process. You are not alone.

Kitty

Hey y'all.. thanks so much for the kind words. I felt so warm knowing that I have you all to turn to. I ended up not getting fired (but as you all know, the stressors don't end..) I will update you all tomorrow! :) Thank you SO much for all of your advice.

Hi all. I just wanted to stop by and thank you all so much for taking the time to reply (with some really great resources, at that!)

I've been at a 7-8 for the past few weeks due to stress so it's been difficult to get the energy to come type this 'thank you' but I wanted everyone to know how nice it felt to feel supported. thanks again. hope you're all feeling as pain free as possible <3

*Hugs* Hope things get better for you!!

Yeah Kat O. I hope you pull out of this flare soon. You've got to get a break. Will be thinking of you and praying for you.

KAT I hope your doing ok :-). We are here for you ! If you have a dr to stand behind you , maybe you could get FMLA it’s a law that protects your job & they have to allow for certain exceptions because of your illness , talk to your dr about it and call your employer disability office and ask for the paper work.
I hope your feeling better , flares can come & go with fibro , so even if your feeling better looking into FMLA can be what you need till you apply for disability

Hugs & blessings
dee B