Pain is Insane! Don't Know Where To Turn!

It seems the pain just gets worse and worse. No one understands and docs will not help. I know I cant live the rest of my life like this, but don't know what to do to help myself. I never sleep and always hurt. Always!! I have tried every ointment and online treatment and have taken my meds religiously. I want to at least be able to function! My head has hurt for three days straight and nothing relieves the pain. I feel so hopeless. I feel like I am at the end of my rope. I don't usually cry for help, but I am now. Someone please help me!!

Awww Susan. I'm sorry you're hurting so much. I'm new to fibro, so I don't know if the ER or urgent care would be able to help. It seems like the ER would be a possibility, with the terrible headache.

There are doctors who can and will help you - you just need to find one of them. My internist is great.

If I felt as bad as you do Susan, I think I'd try the ER. They have stuff they can give you for your headache, at the very least. Then you need to find a new doc or insist that your PCP do something (maybe the ER could give you the names of a few good doctors).

I would not let your docs push you around - they've done that enough and you deserve better.

I'm sorry I can't offer more suggestions. Hugs.


Okay, let me see what organizations near you that I can find that might be able to help you. The first is the Arkansas Fibro facebook page. it lists a lot of fibro sites. I would suggest you contact the facebook people and the other organizations listed.

Patient Advocate organization. Helps people in need get access to medical help, supposedly:

Rheumatology Dept of NEA Baptist Clinic. Accepts Medicaid, don't know if they treat fibro:

Matthews Clinic

311 East Matthews Jonesboro, AR 72401 Phone: (870) ■■■■■■■■

Hours: Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 5:00 pm

Apparently one Arkansas pain doc is fighting for our right to get REAL pain meds:

If your physician is not treating your chronic pain condition or you
are in pain and experiencing problems getting proper pain treatment,
especially becuase of the actions of the Arkansas State Medical Board
or the DEA against your local physicians, we would like to help.
Please feel free to contact us!

e-mail: ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Jonesboro Chronic Pain Clinic:

Tell your story to KATV:

For a list of auto-immune illnesses:


Could THIS be causing your back pain and headaches? Note that it's a symptom of Ehlers-Danlos, as well as Ankylosing spondilitis, as well as a few other illnesses related to connective tissue issues. Can you ask your doc about this possibility?

Dural ectasia

Dural ectasia is a widening or ballooning of the dural sac surrounding the spinal cord usually at the lumbosacral level. It is one of the major manifestations of Marfan syndrome. It may cause low back pain, headaches and neurological signs such as weakness and loss of bowel and bladder function, but in many patients it is asymptomatic. It is also a cause of posterior vertebral scalloping present in radiographs in patients who are diagnosed with neurofibromatosis.

Dural ectasia may also manifest in Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome,[1] Neurofibromatosis,[2] Marfan Syndrome, cauda equina syndrome in ankylosing spondylitis,[3] and other disorders that afflict connective tissue.

PS: The only other person on here that i know of who was in as much pain as you had a bunch of fatty deposits around her spinal cord. Note that although not the same thing, it still would put pressure on the spinal cord.

hi susan, try not to get stressed over the pain i know thats hard but unfortunately the stress over the pain will only increase it, i would also if it were me go to a different doc make a list of symptoms and i mean every symptom minor to major and let the new doc see it, there is also some very good meditation things on you tube with and without music i been using them the last few nights and have found them very helpful for all kinds of aches and pains if your headache doesnt go away soon u may want to consider an e r visit they should run tests and such and give u some answers and ask them to refer u to a doc hope this helps