Not myself

I’m just not myself lately. I’m so tired - Tired of living with these awful conditions - FMS, Arthritis, Anxiety, etc… Tired of hurting. Tired of the Covid scare (aren’t we all?). Wondering how different my life would be if FMS didn’t exist or if there was a cure. Trying, still, to get used to the limitations dictated by my body and mind.
I know I’ll feel better when I’m able to recharge - I’ll stay in bed all day tomorrow. (There goes another day that FMS took from me.)
Okay, pity party over. I just needed to vent a little. Thank you all for making this a safe place to share.

Hi AM, I was thinking of you, and fearing that you’re not well.
I hope you’ll be able to make tomorrow into a wonderfully lazy relishing day,
as self-centred as you can, doing lots of nice things for body and soul, make it beautiful.
No, the self-pitying isn’t over, let it make you do yourself a whole load of favours and make it into the best day of the week… :slight_smile: Come back to be yourself! - and only tell us unless you feel it’s self-centred to… :smirk_cat:

When everything hurts I love just lying around and reading and writing to people, best excuse in the world. And I don’t have to think about doing anything I don’t want to… :relaxed:

1 Like

Hi AussieMom, sorry you’re not feeling like yourself. I know you work but I don’t know what you do or how many hours you work a week. From what you’ve said, you are super busy during the week and then crash on the weekends. So you really don’t get a break. I’m not surprised that you feel down. Are you able to watch good movies that make you smile and laugh? This question is really going to sound weird. Well, I guess it’s not a question. AussieMom, ask your mind and body what it needs. Then be quiet and still and listen for the answer. Maybe write down the answers and talk to your husband to see if there is a way to get your needs met. For example, maybe he can be in charge of the laundry. I don’t know. You may be very surprised what your body and mind tell you. You are not alone in this battle. Thank you for your honesty. I’m sending you seven hugs. One hug for every day of the week. :heart::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Freedom & JayCS,
Thanks so much for the beautiful and encouraging posts. You don’t know what it means to me, to be truly understood & comforted, by friends going through the same struggles that I face daily.
JCS: I did a LOT of laying around - No writing, as my hands are pretty fried by the weekend, but I did finish an audio book - psychological thriller - The Housekeeper by Natalie Barelli
Freedom: It is a 40 hour workweek - plus, with lots of data entry. So, yes, I do crash on the weekends! I did get to see a couple of good movies while I was resting. Probably slept at least 24 hrs, and the only real work I did was the laundry (Are you a mind reader or something?!) I am glad to be able to do laundry, and my hubby does so much around here!
Thank you both, again, for the wonderful posts and suggestions :purple_heart:

1 Like