Quantcast

Living With Fibromyalgia - Online Support Group

My never ending story

I have so many things going through my head right now. I was diagnosed with RA in June of 2014 by a positive blood test. I was placed on Methotrexate, prednisone and tramadol. After a medical emergency I was placed on cymbalta and tramadol and stopped metho and prednisone in 2015. I had a different doctor at the time, and I feel that he did not believe me. He kept saying I did not have RA even though I had positive blood results that showed that I did. So I changed doctors once again, and was told that I have RA once again, and placed back on methotrexate and prednisone along with cymbalta and tramadol. Well the cymbalta, methotrexate and prednisone did nothing for me. So back at the doctors, stayed on cymbalta and tramadol, and methotrexate and prednisone replaced with humira. Humira has done nothing for my pain. So again at the doctors office. At the doctors office I am told that the Humira is working, but I can never get anyone to tell me HOW they know that the Humira is working because I cannot tell that it is working at all. Diagnosed with Fribro, May 2016 and placed on gabapentin. I took it for a couple of weeks and I swelled up everywhere. So taken off gabapentin and placed on Lyrica. OMG, ONE WEEK OF HEAVEN, then slowly back to the same ol me. All my pain, fatigue etc. come back. The biggest thing with the Lyrica for me was the side effects. Dizziness, headaches, anxiety, depression and most off all loss of memory. I had a hard time with memory. I could not remember if I took my meds, I would try to make some toast and put it in the toaster and open the microwave for some reason, get up to do something and forget what I was going to do. I lost my train of thought all the time. I had many incidents like these. I had to quit driving on more than one lane of traffic. The traffic would make me freak out like too much stimulus at one time. So at this time I stopped the Lyrica afraid of the side effects and afraid to increase the medication. My next rhemy appointment is in May. Oh and the cymbalta I have become dependent on it for depression and anxiety and every time I go to the docs they want to take it away. I am on 60mg twice a day and they say there is no evidence of benefit and no information concerning side effects for individuals taking this much of cymbalta. I have tried to go to one and it does not work for me. I cry at the drop of a hat. I cry over everything. Last time at gen doc we got into the argument over it. I said one does not work so if you take it away you need to give me something else. Needless to say I won that argument, but lost the one over the pain meds. Got my pain meds reduced ONCE again. I have an appointment with pain management next month. I am going in with a positive attitude that they will provide some useful information or return my pain meds to allow me to attempt at some sort of life. So right now still on humira, cymbalta, tramadol and HBP meds. I have no life. I sleep a lot. I have filed for disability. My daughter takes care of me financially (how sad for a 21 year old to have to take care of their mother). If I miss my cymbalta I fall apart. I do not see a psych. I have been asked several times but I do not want to go. I am in pain every second of my life and been told I will be for the rest of my life and I am not supposed to have some sort of depression. Please do not jump on me for not wanting to go. I have many reasons to not want to go. I do also have a BA in Psychology. So not against the profession. Stay tuned…

PS In addition I have recalled mesh in me. Heading in for another surgery sometime and wonderful conferences with lawyers.

I hope your appointment goes well. I’ve been on that path of trying so many meds that do nothing but give me side effects. I gave up on all meds…I feel the pain. I am not sure what the laws are in your place, but do check with your doctor if medical marjuana is an option. It’s the best pain management without any side effects. The more I read about it the more I am convinced that pharma companies wanted made this plant illegal but some countries are legalising it.

I have thought about it. I know I just could not smoke it. I am an ex-smoker and I fear that would just start me back on cigarettes. Unfortunately I live in Missouri and not legal here. Just another reason I should of stayed in Vegas. LOL

Thank you for sharing with us, @PinkCat. You are very strong, and despite your rough circumstances and the burden you feel you’re putting on your daughter, know that this is outside your control and you’re doing all that you can. I wish you the best with your upcoming appointment.

It is just so hard to have to depend on someone for everything when you have taken care of everything for years. To be unable to work and provide something for the home. Right now I am waiting on an appeal for disability so I have nothing. I try to take care of everything around the house, but some days I cannot even do that. Getting old sucks, but getting sick on top of that really sucks.

I can’t imagine what you go through on a daily basis but commend you for continuing to push through. It’s important to recognize when you need to take a step back and rest though, and at times when you must, your daughter will certainly understand. Don’t lose faith and try to remain positive; we are here for you, too!

Best,
Brandon