My fur baby and me

my fur baby and i were attacked by a loose pit bull that sent me to the emergency room and my molly passed away the next evening on my birthday. i still can’t type with my left hand. and worse is losing my molly. back soon i hope. i miss you all

That’s awful @gramybear! I’m so sorry to hear this. It’s never easy to lose a beloved pet, but to be attacked is horrible. I hope that your recovery goes well.

We had a similar incident near me. A loose, aggressive dog that attacked 2 smaller dogs. The owner got injured protecting her dogs. We know who the owner is, and it was a problem waiting to happen. I had informed the owner on more than one occasion that the fence was bad, and the dog could escape. Usually that’s not a problem, but this dog was aggressive.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

Sharon from ModSupport

1 Like

Oh, GramyB,
I am so so very sorry!!! I’m sitting here crying as I write this. I’m sure that you are probably still in shock from the attack. You will need to remind yourself that Molly is no longer suffering, but I know that this doesn’t take away the pain of losing your precious companion. Sending tons of hugs & prayers for peace and healing during this time. Thank you for updating us. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Gramybear, I am so incredibly sorry about what happened to you and sweet Molly. I’m crying too as I write this. I wish I could give you a big hug in person. Do you know who the dog belonged to? I will keep you in my prayers. I care about you Gramybear. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Gramybear, oh no oh no! I’m so sorry for your pain, and I know the pain of losing your sweet Molly is far worse than your injuries. How I wish I could give you a gentle hug in person, but a virtual one is going to have to do for now.

We’re here to listen and to console, so please reach out when you need us. Many of us understand only too well how hard it is to lose a pet, and losing one under such traumatic circumstances adds infinitely to your grief.

We’re sorry and we’re thinking of you

Seenie from ModSupport and Admin

2 Likes

GramyBear, I wrote this for you:

MollyAnn

Helping me forget the pain
Of losing my sweet Anny
While I knew this pup was different
She was perfect for this grammy

Bringing laughter to the neighbors,
“Hopping” out the door, as was her habit
I reminded silly Molly, once again,
That Jack Russells aren’t Jack Rabbits!

Sitting by my side
As I wrote down quotes, to bring my friends some cheer
Or barking loudly, as she made her wishes known,
To seek adventure, with no fear

Knowing something wasn’t right
As smoke and wildfires raged so near our home
She became a little restless
Needing walks & wanting places she could roam

One day brought us a challenge
And it showed me, now, and always, to the end
Dear MollyAnn became my angel
Fierce protector, loved fur baby, special friend

5 Likes

I am soon sorry for your loss, hang in there

2 Likes

We’re thinking of you, Gramybear. Hope you’ll be strong enough to return soon.

(It’s the thought that counts, right?)

Seenie

1 Like

Thank you, sweety.Hard to type with 7 bites on my dominant hand. I’ll update after seeing the Orthopedic surgeon Thursday. My doc said my index is getting worse.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

1 Like

Thank you, sweety! Love and Hugs

Yes, my neighbors’ daughter, No animals are allowed in our park by any visitors. Long story, Will share all when I can type better, 7 bites on my dominant hand, Hugs

Thank you and God Bless you

Very sorry for your loss and the tragedy of the attack! Prayers for your recovery.

1 Like

What a hard hearted thing to experience. Having Fibro also. I love my dogs too. One was attacked by a pitbull & 7 surgical areas occured . She’s good. Also was bitten by a dog. Shots were required. My heart takes time to heal.:ear_of_rice::sunflower::fallen_leaf::maple_leaf:

1 Like

Hi,

What happened to you and your family member Molly, was very tragic.
Thank you for sharing your story and I hope you heal soon. Sounds very painful :persevere:

Please Take care - Julia :sparkling_heart:hugs

1 Like

I am so very sorry for the loss of your fur baby molly. And I hope you will be okay. Please know you are in my prayers.

1 Like

Thank you so much Trixie!

Thank you, sweety.
I really appreciate your kind words!

Loss is so hard. I hope you can find some comfort in memories of your little buddy.