My doctor told me she is out of ideas

I don't really know what to feel right now. Here I am at work and my neck and shoulders are KILLING me. I am in the Air Force and was taken off the flight line ( I do maintenance on the airplanes) and put at a desk.

Today is my 28th birthday and my doctor called me about a hour ago and told me she will up my dosages, but if this doesn't work there is nothing else she can do. She said somthing about trigger point therapy. Anyone know what that is?

I am also being medical boarded out of the military since medications are not controlling my pain. The only medications that work or at least take the edge off are all strong narcotics that either knock me out or at least make me unable to drive.

I am at a loss and am scared that no one will want to be with me due to the pain I am in just about everyday. My last severe flare up was over a year ago thank God. I was unable to sit up on my own and I was really scared. I work out and walk and try to keep moving but its hard to fight a losing battle everyday.

I am trying to start selling arbonne so when I do get let go from the air force at least i will have an income and be able to work from my bed if I am unable to get up.

My ex-husband cheated on me and told me he stopped loving be because he was tired of watching me hurt. I am going to therapy but the pain just eats me up inside.

Thank you for reading my rant. I just need to find my confidence again and not be afraid that the next guy I meet will leave,

Wow, you touched me where it hurts when it comes to men. I wonder if there is anyone at all out there that could love me through my pain, I want to love some one but then I wonder if it would not be enough. I don't feel as though I can do anything for myself and if he is thinking that too, then where would our relationship go. But I'm just nuts about myself right now because I want to have a future some where. I lost my job last year due to the pain and cannot go back. Six months later still no job and don't know how to work from home. No money to start anything. I'm at a loss, then I think about getting married, I am just not strong enough for a relationship right now. I can't get out of my house to do anything besides what I have to do. It really makes me depressed. I will keep you in my prayers, you are much younger than me and still have a better chance. As far as the pain, I am very sensitive to medications and prefer to suffer in extreme pain than to be under the influence of something that is equal to/ or greater than the pain, side effects are harsh on me. There is one relaxer that knocks me out and no way can I operate a car or anything like it.

May we always find our way !!!!!!!!

Id love to offer you hope, I met someone who not only wants to love me through my pain. but wants to be a father to my children and made me his wife. Id like to offer you hope to remind you to be you regardless of how hard it hurts. Dont be afraid to love if you cant love anyone else remind yourself that you still qualify as someone so feel free to love and cherish and lavish attention on yourself and eventually the right one will come by and want to bask in your shine too..

nothing but the very best for you

this is THE fibromyalgia doctor in the area. I have just tried all the different types of medicaions. I have changed my diet and trying herbal supplements. thank you though for the kind words.

Thank you. I hope I am ask lucky as you one day.

Trigger point therapy is what you have done when you have Myofascial Trigger Points. I get it done, I have Chronic Myofascial Pain, through my Physical Therapist.

Hey.

Have you tried acupuncture for your neck and shoulders? I lost pretty much all use of my right arm for about 5-6 months was so scared I was going to loose my arm due to pain I could even write. I had to start learning how to use my left hand for everything. I started going for acupuncture treatments 2x a week for about a month and a half and started getting mobility back. Also water exercises help build strength and its easier for us to workout in water, but I do suggest stretching everyday and maybe light weight lifting. I get little jolts of pain when I work out but keeping it regular has really helped my flare ups.

I wont take any medications but I do take supplements like omega 3s and magnesium everyday. I have just introduced Advanced B as well to help with mood. I hope I can help :)

I have done acupuncture for my neck and shoulders to no avail. I stretch every day and tried water therapy. I also do lift light weights. I am taking morphine sulphate right now and it works like a charm for my neck and shoulders and lets me work with almost no problem. The only pain i have now is the nerve like pain in my lower back around my tailbone area. I am able to cope with it as long as i can get out of bed. Last year I went a month where i couldnt sit up on my own, that fear is like nothing else.

What is Advanced B? I do take omega 3s and magnesium as well.

Thank you btw.

I AM SOOO SORRY FOR ALL YOU ARE GOING THROUGH - IT ALL SOUNDS SO FAMILIAR. I DIDN'T KNOW TIL RECENTLY THAT FIBRO CAN LIKE GO INTO A FORM OF REMISSION. I THOUGHT WHEN MY PAIN WAS BETTER THAT DOCTORS DIAGNOSED ME WRONG. WELL MY PAIN CYCLE IS BACK AND I AM TERRIFIED I WILL END UP BED RIDDEN AGAIN. TRIGGER POINT THERAPY MAY WORK WELL. IT IS BASICALL PRESSURE MASSAGE THERAPY FOR POINTS OF PAIN YOU ARE HAVING. ACCUPUNCTURE MAY ALSO WORK WELL FOR YOU. IT HELPS ME EVERY TIME I HAVE IT DONE (like anything else its luck of the draw how long and how well it works). I WOULD DO IT TWICE A WEEK IF I COULD AFFORD IT. LOOK IN YOUR AREA FOR SOMEONE WHO DOES ACCUPUNCTURE - SOME CHIROPRACTORS DO IT.

I didn’t like taking pain meds because I work full time and have 2 young children. I had a doctor prescribe a TENS unit and that has kept me from having to take the pain meds most of the time. I also have a massage therapist who can do trigger point therapy. I am now trying to change my diet to see if it helps. Cutting down on carbs (especially wheat) and no more diet soda. I had 1 yesterday and felt bad this morning.

Try the TENS unit. I wear mine all day long on the bad days.

Hi, You are eligible for Disability. They denied me my first time within a month of applying. Then I got an atty. who only gets paid if you win. You can still work part time and collect. Social security will tell you how much outside money you can make. I got my disability in 5 months.