Medrol

ive been in so much pain for a week my Dr put me on 6 day Medrol pack. Has anyone taken this before? I do have Lupus as well so things are very complicated I’m not sure what I’m hurting from Fibro - Lupus…

Hi Michelle,

My inflammation and pain was at a peak point recently and my doctor put me on a Medrol dose pack as well. How are you feeling when taking it? Even though it is supposed to help with inflammation, I noticed more swelling when I was taking it and my mood was very down/depressed. I had to stop taking it after 3 days. I hope it is helping you and the side effects are minimal. I have Fibro and Arthritis.

Hugs,

Sara

I started taking it this morning so we ll see how I feel tomorrow I just need some relief to function and work daily it’s out of control and I miss so much work I’m shocked I still have a job

The Medrol is for Lupus, it’s a steroid anti-inflammatory.
Hope it helps.

I take gabapentin (Neurontin), Norco, Cymbalta, and recently my doc added MS Contin which is Morphine sulfate. It takes a while to test how well you do with each new drug and your doctor will start at the milder end of meds, such as tramadol (Ultracet). It takes time to find what works for you since everyone reacts uniquely.

A fibro friend of mine was prescribed methadone for her pain. Since this is also prescribed for recovering drug addicts you can probably guess how an ER doctor reacted when she came in with kidney stones. He did not exemplify the kind of doctor we hope to meet when we must go to an emergency room. I'm going to avoid that if at all possible.