Medical Marijuana

Hello,
I’m trying to find information on whether fibromyalgia will qualify as a condition that can be treated through medical marihuana in Connecticut. It seems that the only state that mentions fibro in their law is California. Does anyone know about the law and whether it’s possible in Connecticut? Thanks!

Charlotte, any time I need to know about a law in my home state, I type what law into a search engine, and can usually find it easily on our state legislature's website under code of laws. Also, if you know what state agency handles it, a simple phone call can bring you needed information.

Other than that, no help since not legal here and I know little about other states' laws. Hope you get the help you need soon.

hugs, perplexed

hi charlotte. i agree with Perplexed's response. I believe there are only a few states that have legal MJ.

best of luck

xoxoxoxo

I thought I was going to find something I could talk about... but I am in California.

Thank God my wife's BFF is a Grower. Got my California Green Card three years ago and last month I finally finished up the first 1/8th ounce I bought the day I got my card. I use it for emergency OMG I am in so much freaking pain relief.

Here is a link.. http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881

It says you have a House and a Senate Bill that was passed in 2012

Connecticut

HB 5389(310 KB) -- Signed into law by Gov. Dannel P. Malloy (D) on May 31, 2012
Approved: By House 96-51, by Senate 21-13
Effective: Some sections from passage (May 4, 2012), other sections on Oct. 1, 2012

"A qualifying patient shall register with the Department of Consumer Protection... prior to engaging in the palliative use of marijuana. A qualifying patient who has a valid registration certificate... shall not be subject to arrest or prosecution, penalized in any manner,... or denied any right or privilege."

Patients must be Connecticut residents at least 18 years of age. "Prison inmates, or others under the supervision of the Department of Corrections, would not qualify, regardless of their medical condition."

Approved Conditions: "Cancer, glaucoma, positive status for human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome [HIV/AIDS], Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, epilepsy, cachexia, wasting syndrome, Crohn's disease, posttraumatic stress disorder, or... any medical condition, medical treatment or disease approved by the Department of Consumer Protection..."

Possession/Cultivation: Qualifying patients may possess "an amount of usable marijuana reasonably necessary to ensure uninterrupted availability for a period of one month, as determined by the Department of Consumer Protection."

The Connecticut Medical Marijuana Program website posted an update on Sep. 23, 2012 with instructions on how to register for the program starting on Oct. 1, 2012. "Patients who are currently receiving medical treatment for a debilitating medical conditions set out in the law may qualify for a temporary registration certificate beginning October 1, 2012. To qualify, a patient must also be at least 18 years of age and a Connecticut resident."

Draft Regulations on Medical Marijuana(482 KB) were posted on Jan. 16, 2013.

ALSO......

Medical Marijuana Program
Department of Consumer Protection (DCP)
165 Capitol Avenue
Hartford, CT 06106
Phone: 860-713-6006
Toll-Free: 800-842-2649

dcp.mmp@ct.gov

The DCP will "issue temporary patient registration certificates starting on October 1, 2012."

CT Medical Marijuana Program

Information provided by the state on sources for medical marijuana:
"The Commissioner of Consumer Protection shall determine the number of dispensaries appropriate to meet the needs of qualifying patients in this state."

Patient Registry Fee:
The Commissioner of Consumer Protection will establish a "reasonable fee."

Accepts other states' registry ID cards?
No

Mandatory

I find it hard to trust a website that does not say .gov behind it for something being Legal, but it looks like it.

So I am just going to /bump this to see if someone else has any ideas... Wish I had something solid to post. :)

-Bill Sr.

Thanks for the info everyone still confused though if fibro is included in the conditions. I’m guessing not though.

Hi! It is in MI, my state. You need to research qualifying illnesses or diseases for MM cars for your state.

Sorry couldn't be more help.

It is in Oregon, Charlotte. My MD prescribed it to me and I am waiting for my card right now. But, as far a conditions that qualify, I'm not sure if it varies from state to state or not. I would think it does. Your doctor would surely know. Some are supportive, some are not. It tends to be the "doubters" that are opposed to mj and the doctors who really believe and understand that think it's a good idea. That's just my experience tho.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Kitty