Lexapro / Escitalopram

Just starting this....just diagnosed with Fibro after a few years of "is it Lupus" etc.

Was just curious about anyone's experiences ?

Doc also gave me Sinequan/Doxepin for sleep.

Thanks.

Hi… Lexapro did help a bit with the fibro pain but the downside was i gain alot of weight. So i discontinued the lexapro. I hope you have better luck with the medicine than i did.

Hi, friend (:

I was actually on Escitalopram for three or so years to treat depression. I’ve heard it does work for other things, too, but anyways, here’s my experience with it.
It actually worked quite well, for me, personally. The only problem is the withdrawals… They’re not as bad as other antidepressants, but, nonetheless, they’re still pretty brutal.
So, my advice would be to take it, but be cautious of the withdrawals.

I took Lexapro about 10-15yrs ago and did not like it. I felt like I was walking through muck all the time. I only took it for about a year before getting off of it. I didn't get diagnosed w/ Fibro until after I was off of Lexapro but I think I've had it when I was a teen which would include the short time I was on Lexapro. I now have Ativan for depression but only take it when I'm having a really bad day. I only take Ibuprofen 800mg now for pain. And when it's a bad day (like today), I use a heating pad & rest. If it's a joint issue, I also have wraps for every joint. Good luck. I'm sure you'll find what works best for you. Just don't give up.