Quantcast

Just saying hello

Hi everyone, my name is Lisa. I’m new to the group and I’m excited to be a part.

I was diagnosed in about 1999. It has been an adventurous ride this far! I had a lot of manageable years in the past but the last 3 or 4 years I feel like I’m getting worse. The flares are closer together and last longer.
I had to quit my medical based job last April. I’m devastated as I loved helping my patients.
I’m 51 years old and newly married to the most amazing husband! We have 7 of the best kids between us! I love flowers and gardening and have a deep love for animals.
I’m hoping you all are having a great day!

Welcome to our community, Lisamarie! What a shame that you had to retire early from a job you loved: I’m sure there are many more here who can really relate to that. I certainly can, although I don’t have FM. I have Psoriatic Arthritis, and it brought an end to my teaching career. I was devastated as well. I think career loss is not uncommon amongst people with chronic (and especially painful) conditions.

Have you tried our search feature out (upper right, magnifying glass)? Find a topic you’re interested in, and join in a conversation! Great that you’ve already figure out how to start your own.

All the best to you

Seenie

Hi Seenie! Thank you for your reply. I’m also sorry about your teaching career…I have so much respect and admiration for teachers. I remember when my 4 kids were younger and how stressful it could become…but you had 30+ kids at one time!! Lol…kids are great but can be difficult at times.
Thanks again for welcoming me! Take good care

Hi, @Lisamarie, and welcome to our community! I was just about to start a welcome thread for you but noticed you had introduced yourself already! We are happy you joined us, and I hope you find our community warm and welcoming.

I’m sorry the past 3 or 4 years have been worse for you and that you had to quit your job; that is truly unfortunate. You mentioned you had worked in healthcare. What sort of position did you have?

By the way, congratulations on your recent marriage!

Best,
Brandon

Hey Brandon, thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes I did love my job,especially my patients :disappointed_relieved: I was a phlebotomist with a local hospital here in Michigan. It was an amazing place to work but just to physically demanding…ugh.

How long have you had fibromyalgia?

Well I hope you are in good health and spirits

Take care,Lisa