JayCS’s Fibro Blog

2021-07-11, Sunday

Sleep: 8h55, up 5x (2h) +37’ :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Sleep details

!exact times
2xMg & Passiflora 20:30, GABA 21:30, Glutamine 23:00, exercises?
21:50- dozing: Reminds me that the first stint yesterday was probably only 1h…
22:54 49’ 500mg! glutamine (that way I can find out if the glutamine is the problem or the solution or both (seizures?), since I just looked up that in April I was taking 2x330 glutamic acid pills. The big tub fell over a bit, powder all over my other supps :roll_eyes: - tomorrow.) FCS. fw 10’? More like 40’ or not?
2:21 7’ Ah, that’s more like it! p3. Gastritol (slight pressure in esophagus) 4 sips fw 1’
3:46 11’ Apotheke (L-Theanine). 2 sips (bit ‘hungry’). p1.
If nec FCS#2.
5:12 15’ not nec. Headache upon getting up. RR: 109 63 50… p1
6:45 39’ 6 p0 1’ (risky, bit late, but FCS wdve been worse)
-8:45 OK, not druggy or numb, despite the pretty high dose. No seizure-inclination. Best take a bit more GABA to keep them down whilst taking so much glutamine? Or wait if some come first?
Sum: 2h10+8h45-(49+7+11+15+39=)121’= 10h55-2h01=8h54, up 5x (2h01)
14:58-15:35 37’ dozing

Activities:

(Feeling well in %, pain out of 7) :left_right_arrow: :white_check_mark:

Cycling: bike ride 17:00 2h with many breaks (45’) :left_right_arrow: 50%/6 :x:
(Neck, hands, back, backside, plus forehead-pain from the wind & Ache from wind & exertion…)
Resting for 2h after :left_right_arrow: 70%/3 still :x: (altho much improved… :white_check_mark:)

Treatments:

Acupressure 2h30 Tues & 2h Thurs: Good.

Sleep:
800mg Mg malate, 1000mg Mg glycinate, 3x290mg passiflora, 650mg GABA, +500mg L-glutamine:
Combination worked pretty well tonight, however only after adding the much higher amount of glutamine, also not as drowsy and eyes aching in the morning as I was before the insomniac stint. The glycinate is probably helping the GABA, but I think I need to increase GABA now.
Doing back exercises something in me changed somehow, I do feel this stuff.
14:00 put most of the glutamine powder that’d fallen over back into the tub (what doesn’t kill ya… :axe:) and licked my fingers, now I’m suddenly feverishly-tired, … hmm… :face_with_monocle: better nap. BTW it feels a bit like being in hypnosis if you can imagine that, a bit in trance - not drowsy, but not as if I shd be doing anything. And sweaty from the trying to stay awake too. Interesting, I cdnt really sleep, but it was good to try. When I lay down I had two memory-fuelled unpleasant thoughts that reminded me of the yucky dreams in April. I had taken an equal speck of GABA (10mg) to inhibit seizures, altho I don’t feel quite safe due to the trance feeling.
Research on amino acids:
Glutamine is in legumes, incl. peanuts. It may occasionally cause drowsiness or sleeplessness, even insomnia and can be taken safely up to 14g/day, none of this is the case for me, it’s the seizures I had last time (April) I’m wary of. What I can’t find is a dose suggestion for sensitive people for sleep. Trudy Scott? She says low blood sugar, which I don’t have signs of - apart from waking up at night. It can stop diarrhea, starting with 500mg, going up to 3x1000mg. She also speaks of a light-headed feeling and sometimes a niacin-like flush if people take too much, like 500mg, of GABA when starting out (which I’m not). I’m wondering if that’s what I was talking about (change while exercising and feverish-tired-feeling after a speck of glutamine), but GABA is the opposite of glutamine… :crazy_face: roll_eyes: This is confusing. Some people go up to 2g GABA and 1g of theanine. She suggests not sleeping well needs more GABA or theanine.
N-acetylcysteine (NAC) (better liposomal) as glutamate antagonist and to help sleep is mentioned on the last link (CFS/ME, with fibromites there too) suggest 1800 or 2400 mg, whilst more causes - again - diarrhea. The last person on that page also says “I elevated my glutamate / GABA levels with excess taurine” and very importantly “Once elevated Glutamate seems to be slow to rebalance” - got to watch that!
L-theanine is also good for sleep, but via lack of focus, anxiety, restlessness, stress - I had none of these, if at all restlessness, but more bodily than in my head. Doesn’t leave you groggy.
Glycine works like GABA, as inhibitory neurotransmitter, helps normalize sleep patterns like glutamine & theanine, to relax and calm. This is in the added new magnesium form, that fits.
The site also recommends tryptophan, which I’ve already ordered as capsules, praps better in smaller amounts than last time.
Conclusion: First I’ll try +50mg/day more GABA, with acid control esp. linseed oil at night. And keep magnesium 800mg malate & 1000mg glycinate & 900mg passionflower & 500mg glutamate the same. Once I’ve found the best GABA level to keep my sleep breaks down. Then add theanine.

Physio-type self-treatments: 28', fibro-work 4h05

:white_check_mark: Timing, cold shower (10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, workout 7’, = 28’
:x: AuTr ‘, hunchback-pillow ‘, neck 1+ ‘, neck 2 1’, V ‘, twist-stretch ‘, yoga ‘, loins 1 1’, loins 2 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, gums x30’’, thumbnails x30’’, RR 8x2’

Fibro-work: Night: 45’? 8:55: 1h20 11:30 2h? = 4h05

Symptoms

Lying: Tired enough that it didn’t matter much. But I’m not on my back much any more, it’s more comfy/cuddly for me. “Lower” arm backward, big pillows helping, didn’t use small pillows. In the nap I did have problems with my neck tho.
Sitting: Sat too long on a stool typing, ended up having to knee for ‘midday’ meal :roll_eyes:
Talking:
GI: 8:45 not really IBSD despite 5g of acid. Slightly burning stomach, but no need to eat. Gastritol 3x tonight. Still want to do a little more. Haven’t been using psyllium, cd do that again. Haven’t ever used perenterol whilst I’ve had fibro re. cos of all the Mg & amino acids- why not? Quite look for stomach burn stuff: Psyllium can apparently help heartburn too. Bentonite (clay) and zeolite (mineral absorbent) don’t sound too good to me. Tried probiotics (e.g. Symbioflor) to no avail for months, several times. White cabbage salad. Linseed oil. OK, I’ll increase psyllium & linseed oil and add perenterol. (Info from Zentrum der Gesundheit.)
Bladder: p3 once, but mainly p1.
RR: 109 63 50… Ginseng declots & for energy (got enough tho) & immune system.

Lessons in self-care

#28 Cdve driven further/longer on the bike, but knew it was sensible to go back after "half an hour."

Reasons to be cheerful

#22 Ah, sleep again! :sleeping_bed:

Highlights week 27th to 3rd.

Abbreviations & explanations

Entries start with night meds & sleep, before activities & treatments, because the “night before” is vital. So Fri-day starts with Thursday night, the night before Friday.

Pain "7" = crying (/out) point; my 1 is others 2-3, and due to pacing/treatments

My wife says my 7 is other people’s 12. 1 is probably 2-3. Due to pacing, keeping work down to 25% (12h/wk) and all my treatments (acupressure, GABA) and physio self-treatments I manage to keep getting my pains & Ache down quickly. 3 usually means the Ache, not pains; these I address individually, often automatically and on the fly now, e.g. twist-stretching everything or something specific after getting up.

TIME DATA, e.g. ' = mins, h = hours, 18:10:40', date YYYY-MM-DD

’ = mins = minutes, ‘’ = secs = seconds, h is hours as time length, 3h is 3 hours long, 3:00 is 3am, 15:00 is 3pm. 18:10:40’ means 40 minutes, starting at 18:10, = 10 minutes past 6pm up to 10 to 7pm. The date is the logical digital standard: YYYY-MM-DD.

SLEEP: slp, w, lbu/LBU, RLS, p, i

slp = sleep; reasons for getting up: w = (a)wake, lbu/LBU: lower back unrest (‘RLS’?), p: pee, p2: pain 2 of 7 before peeing, i: ideas.

ACTIVITIES: TT, e.g. "5:1"

TT = table tennis, 5:1 = score, usually showing how well I’m feeling: energy, relaxedness & alertness if the first number is much higher than the second.

SELF-TREATMENTS (about everything else...)

The self-treatments listed are only things that I’m spotlighting & rewarding myself for at the mo by counting them; much of what I do at night is self-treatment to get back to sleep or alleviate (1-2h/d), certain regular movements at daytime, like twist-stretching (30’), writing this blog is self-treatment (30’-60’/d), and the further fibro-work is an indirect form.
Self treatments are usually preventative or always have the same positive effect (e.g. cold showering improves Ache and sleep) - at least I do them for that - and I use “:arrow_forward:” to show what I’m doing to alleviate something and mark it off in the details “:white_check_mark:/:x:” whether it works well enough for a time or doesn’t’, e.g. Ache :arrow_forward: cold fast shower “:white_check_mark:
fw = fibro-work, meaning reading and writing this blog, the reference base, on 4 fibro-forums and researching fibro-stuff on the web.
AuTr = Autogenic Training (usually to actively get - back - to sleep, so counting it as sleep and AuTr…),
cold/FCS = Flash Cold Shower (20’’-60’’) , I count it as 10’ tho. At night with ear plugs & all lights off.
breath-hold/WHM-B-H = Wim Hof Method Breath-Holding,
Neck 1 is stretching top right to bottom left, vice versa & sky/ground, neck “1+” is stretching far further diagonally downwards, neck 2 is pressing my head against my hand “without moving”, left right and front.
loins = loins/groin = stretching the ligaments there.
ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,
RR = bp = blood pressure (Riva Rocci), plus pulse. Used to be normal, plus sometimes white coat syndrome, went up since fibro, seems to have gone down again, but I’m still sort of on meds, candesartan 16mg, instead of 8mg plus lercanidipine, cos I saw that c. has less side effects.
:new: “V” for loins = lie on back, legs up and let legs fall to sides;
:new: twist-stretching more for the loins

Lowlights :crazy_face: more than highlights this week - July 4th to July 10th

1. Big triggers almost every day, which smashed up my sleep completely Wed-Fri:
  2. Talking loudly thru mask to groups at work 1.5h was too long on Monday,
  3. also cracking wood-sticks too late (21:30).
  4. Acupressure backfired till the evening, sleep still OK tho (up 6x, 1h, stomach) Tuesday.
  5. Mask tough again, 1.5h again, altho only with single people Wednesday,
  6. also :new: playing table tennis 19:00-20:15 despite lateness & tiredness smashed up 2+ nights :interrobang:
  7. Thursday: Sick leave, tiredness, pain, even eyebrows, ‘trigeminal’, insomnia.
  8. Friday: Pain & insomnia, but TT still always easy. Seems biochemical, despite +Mg.
  9. Saturday: Even more insomnia, realized I’d lost my credit card on Wedn., but no stress, just :crazy_face:.
  10. Sleep: :new: relaxation exercises from CD quite good, as sleep substitute, like AuTr (& dozing :roll_eyes:).
  11. GABA & glutamine :pill: :new: Getting used to filling the empty capsules quickly.
  12. GABA 1000mg was OK for sleep (Sunday), but made me drowsy after. :face_with_monocle:
  13. Mg wasn’t wrong last week, so prob’ly don’t have to take that off again.
  14. :new: :sleeping_bed: Using 4 pillows and sleep positions (back & curling up backwards) is interesting and helpful.
  15. GI: Yeast paste in the evenings probably creates more wind than the supps.
  16. :new: Linseed oil (Ω3) increased for GI, plus ‘perenterol’ (& still psyllium, Gastritol & Gastricumeel) :white_check_mark:
  17. Bladder pain decreased by 3-4 pairs of socks again, so warmer feet, but only a bit.
  18. Acupressure still working OK for :sleeping_bed: lying, :chair: sitting and energy/precision (effortless TT :ping_pong:).
  19. RR: :drop_of_blood: Good. All sleep supps are decreasing it anyway, just the occasional insomnia increasing it.
  20. Sleep supps :new: were more important for fibro-work than ‘finishing’ the treatment list.
  21. Insomnia on 7th to 9th astounding :exploding_head: given the brilliant sleep 1st to 4rd.
  22. My fibro fog, focuses on big 'uns: 2x credit card, 2x mobile ((:train2:)) & 2x work key since May. :exploding_head:

2021-07-12, Monday

Sleep: 10h09, up :exclamation:11x (1h19) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Sleep details: reduced dozing to the last 3h by combating as planned

!exact times
2xMg & 2xPassiflora & psyllium & Ω3 at meal 20:15, GABA 650 & Glutamine 500 21:20, exercises?
21:20- Slight pressure on esophagus OK. Sleep fast.
22:56 3’ p1 (different) drink6 (= 6 sips) fw1’, no GI, pains etc., sleepy enough, +Gastritol.
23:16 9’ taking too long to get back to sleep: +300 GABA + 2 specks, + FCS
0:33 3’ p0 th drink fw1’ 1x passiflora + 1 speck glutamine.
1:03 4’ fw1’ neuro-tingling from LBU to right foot. Ω3, Gastritol & drink. (p0)
1:47 7’ FCS#2 p0 teeth
2:10 3’ Perenterol. Gut pressure is making curling backwards painful, since bedtime. Heartburn since 1:00. Still pretty awake, so +150 GABA + 1 speck.
3:11 39’ Nothing bad, but not improving. 6.
5:08 3’ p1 drink fw1’
6:09 4’ p1 doze
6:57 3’ p1 doze
(7:59 1’) doze
-8:48 hunger pain, p1
Sum: 2h40+8h48-(3+9+3+4+7+3+39+3+4+3+1=)79’= 11h28-1h19=10h09, up 11x (1h19)

Activities: :left_right_arrow: 70%/3 :x:

(Feeling well in %, pain out of 7) :left_right_arrow: :white_check_mark:/:x:

My lost credit card had been found & handed in to a shop… No unusual transferrals. :relieved:
Live work 2h. Energy is there, like for cycling, but I’m unsteady on my feet. No clear head, but not much for me to actively do, just have to be there. Also kept a big distance and took my mask off in between, except when talking (also from a distance). Still the combination of strange sleep and mask isn’t easy. :left_right_arrow: 70%/3 :x:
Cycling (expected) 8+8+8+8+5+5=42’ :left_right_arrow: 70%/3 :x:
TT 4:2 easy (0:2 → 4:2) :left_right_arrow: 70%/3 :x:
Better after resting while improving my treatment list.

Treatments:

Acupressure 2h30 Tues & 2h Thurs:

2x400mg Mg malate, 2x500mg Mg glycinate, 3x290mg passiflora, :new: 1100mg GABA & 2 specks, +500mg L-glutamine: Well getting up 11x isn’t really successful, altho I feel better after 10h of sleep.

Ω3, psyllium, Gastritol, Gastricumeel, perenterol (S. boulardii): Loose stool due to?
As I thought: Whilst linseed oil is good for blood fats, blood clotting, antiinflammation, constipation, IBS, skin, hair, nails, cancer, ageing, prostata (& PMS), its side effects are loose stools, diarrhea, allergic reactions, bleeding. ‘Poisonous’ to heat. Dose: Up to 6 tablespoons daily, best with meals is safe according to researchers. Others: 1-2 tablespoons, max. 100g, . Well I didn’t exceed that, I think, but why shdnt I overreact once again… I can eat hardly anything with linseeds in it.
Before reducing the amount I cd try to just take it to meals, but that won’t then help me at night, which is what I tried…

Physio-type self-treatments: 45', fibro-work 3h?

:white_check_mark: Timing, hunchback-pillow 10’, cold shower 2x(10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 6’, workout 5’, = 45’…
:x: AuTr ‘, neck 1+ ‘, neck 2 1’, V ‘, twist-stretch ‘, yoga ‘, loins 1 1’, loins 2 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, gums x30’’, thumbnails x30’’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night: 5’, 15h “3h?” finished re-ordering the treatment list = 3h05?

Symptoms

Lying: New flexibility is OK.
Sitting: Not too good.
Talking: Mask problem again, despite only having it on for 20’+25’+20’ and only talking for 5-10’. Maybe combination of sleep & mask.
GI: 9:00 liquid stool, very probably from the linseed oil: only with meals.
Bladder: p0 when no need to go.

Lessons in self-care

#28 No foolin, I am managing to blame things on the fibro.

Reasons to be cheerful

#21 All my 6=7 losses were found, with not too much effort to get them back, esp. today. :slight_smile:
#22 Blame it on the fibro (#27) made me think of The Jacksons’ hit, my wife thought it was by Big Fun!

Highlights week 4th to 10th.

Entries start with night meds & sleep, before activities & treatments, because the “night before” is vital. So Fri-day starts with Thursday night, the night before Friday.

Pain "7" = crying (/out) point; my 1 is others 2-3, and due to pacing/treatments

My wife says my 7 is other people’s 12. 1 is probably 2-3. Due to pacing, keeping work down to 25% (12h/wk) and all my treatments (acupressure, GABA) and physio self-treatments I manage to keep getting my pains & Ache down quickly. 3 usually means the Ache, not pains; these I address individually, often automatically and on the fly now, e.g. twist-stretching everything or something specific after getting up.

’ = mins = minutes, ‘’ = secs = seconds, h is hours as time length, 3h is 3 hours long, 3:00 is 3am, 15:00 is 3pm. 18:10:40’ means 40 minutes, starting at 18:10, = 10 minutes past 6pm up to 10 to 7pm. The date is the logical digital standard: YYYY-MM-DD.

slp = sleep; reasons for getting up: w = (a)wake, lbu/LBU: lower back unrest (‘RLS’?), p: pee, p2: pain 2 of 7 before peeing, i: ideas.

TT = table tennis, 5:1 = score, usually showing how well I’m feeling: energy, relaxedness & alertness if the first number is much higher than the second.

The self-treatments listed are only things that I’m spotlighting & rewarding myself for at the mo by counting them; much of what I do at night is self-treatment to get back to sleep or alleviate (1-2h/d), certain regular movements at daytime, like twist-stretching (30’), writing this blog is self-treatment (30’-60’/d), and the further fibro-work is an indirect form.
Self treatments are usually preventative or always have the same positive effect (e.g. cold showering improves Ache and sleep) - at least I do them for that - and I use “:arrow_forward:” to show what I’m doing to alleviate something and mark it off in the details “:white_check_mark:/:x:” whether it works well enough for a time or doesn’t’, e.g. Ache :arrow_forward: cold fast shower “:white_check_mark:
fw = fibro-work, meaning reading and writing this blog, the reference base, on 4 fibro-forums and researching fibro-stuff on the web.
AuTr = Autogenic Training (usually to actively get - back - to sleep, so counting it as sleep and AuTr…),
cold/FCS = Flash Cold Shower (20’’-60’’) , I count it as 10’ tho. At night with ear plugs & all lights off.
Neck 1 is stretching top right to bottom left, vice versa & sky/ground, neck “1+” is stretching far further diagonally downwards, neck 2 is pressing my head against my hand “without moving”, left right and front.
ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,
RR = bp = blood pressure (Riva Rocci), plus pulse. Used to be normal, plus sometimes white coat syndrome, went up since fibro, seems to have gone down again, but I’m still sort of on meds, candesartan 16mg, instead of 8mg plus lercanidipine, cos I saw that c. has less side effects.

2021-07-13, Tuesday

Sleep: 9h13, up 6x (1h42) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Sleep details: Better at last, and energy etc.

!exact times
2x2 Mg & 2x Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium & Ω3 & perenterol at meal 20:00, 650mg GABA & 500mg Glutamine, 1x Passiflora 21:00, exercises?
Then 350mg capsule or 20mg GABA sublingually every time I wake up, plus 23:00 FCS#1, 1:00 FCS#2, ?Perenterol, 4:00 6.
p0 21:55- dozing
22:40 15’ (fw 10’) FCS#1 100mg sublingually.
1:23 20’ p0 (fw 15’( FCS#2 Gastricumeel
4:38! 12’ p0 (dreaming of living in shared apartments, having to trash furniture) drink fw1’
4:58 21’ 6 teeth throat → Marigold
7:08 4’ drink p0
7:19 30’ creative flash piano
-8:50
Sum: 2h05+8h50-(15+20+12+21+4+30=)1h42= 10h55-1h42= 9h13, up 6x (1h42)

Activities:

(Feeling well in %, pain out of 7) :left_right_arrow: :white_check_mark:

Music production 3h :left_right_arrow: 80%/1 :white_check_mark:
Cycling ? 12+12+8+8+8+8=56’, Commuting incl. delay 45’. 70%/1. :zzz:
Live work 1h (hardly talking) :left_right_arrow: 70%/1 :zzz:
TT 5:0 effortless :left_right_arrow: 70%/1 :zzz:

Treatments:

Acupressure 2h30 Tues & 2h Thurs: Good overall, but right loin is still the same. Energy after it first, then down a bit.

2x400mg Mg malate, 2x500mg Mg glycinate, 3x290mg passiflora, 800mg GABA, +500mg L-glutamine: Worked better now, bit sleepy-druggy all day: supps or sleep deprivation?

Physio-type self-treatments: 61', fibro-work 50'

:white_check_mark: AuTr 10’, Timing, hunchback-pillow 20’, cold shower 2x(10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, = 61’…
:x: workout 7’, neck 1+ ‘, neck 2 1’, V ‘, twist-stretch ‘, yoga ‘, loins 1 1’, loins 2 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, gums x30’’, thumbnails x30’’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night: 30’ 50’? = 1h20

Symptoms - all OK all day.

Lying: / Sitting: / Talking: GI: / Bladder: /

Lessons in self-care

#29 Kept work and talking there down.

Reasons to cheerful

Highlights week 4th to 10th.

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-14, Wednesday

Sleep: 9h32, up 5x (26’) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 80% well, pain 2 of 7 :white_check_mark:/:x: - ah, better sleep at last…

Sleep details: (dozing the first 50' till FCS; however too early doesn't always work either...)

!exact times
2x2 Mg & 2x Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium & Ω3 & perenterol at meal 20:15, 650mg GABA & 500mg Glutamine & 1x Passiflora 21:15,
Then 350mg capsule or 20mg GABA sublingually every time I wake up, plus 11:00 FCS#1, 1:00 FCS#2, ?Perenterol, 4:00 6 if nec.
p2 drink 21:47- dozing.
22:20 7’ put piglets back in cage, drink 10mg GABA, 5mg Glutamine, 5’ later stab (under left arm, height of navel). dozing.
22:37 9’ mate’s problems (schizophrenia) → FCS#1. p0
1:08 4’ p2 +300mg GABA fw1’
3:36 3’ p0 drink fw1’ 2xGastr. Windows open for a time.
5:54 3’ p1 drink fw1’ Always sleeping, no dozing…
-7:45
8:45 still tired and achey, but lying 15’.
Sum: 2h13+7h45-(7+9+4+3+3=)26’= 10h-2’-26’=9h32, up 5x (26’) (dozing the first 50’ till FCS)

Activities:

(Feeling well in %, pain out of 7) :left_right_arrow: %/0 :white_check_mark:

‘Live’ work 4h, but talking <20’. :left_right_arrow: 80%/2 (:white_check_mark:)
Cycling (expected) 8+8+8+8=32’? 80%/2 (:white_check_mark:)
TT 0

Treatments:

Acupressure 2h30 Tues & 2h Thurs: Did esp. shoulders. Felt a lot lighter, chest and loins. Left shoulder hurt at night at first, but then OK and lying wasn’t really a problem.

2x400mg Mg malate, 2x500mg Mg glycinate, 3x290mg passiflora, 800mg GABA, +500mg L-glutamine: Good sleep, but achey upon trying to get up.

Physio-type self-treatments: 45', fibro-work 3h45

:white_check_mark: AuTr 5’, Timing, hunchback-pillow 10’, cold shower 1x(10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, workout 6’, loins 1 3’, = 45’…
:x: neck 1+ ‘, neck 2 1’, V ‘, twist-stretch ‘, yoga ‘, loins 2 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, gums x30’’, thumbnails x30’’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night: 5’ 7:45: 1h? 15:30 1h15? 1h30? = 3h45…

Symptoms

Lying: Good, left shoulder hurt at night at first from acupressure.
Sitting: OK. Changing positions & slouching/stretching & sitting twisted on the floor helps. Maybe I should sit twisted on chairs etc. more! Left, right, back, front & occasionally normal… But how can I train myself to remember despite my usually pretty euphoric work flow. I’ve been neglecting my 5’ & 10’-reminders.
Talking: Not much need at work :wink:
GI: It was definitely eating salad at work under self-made time pressure that (lead - nope:) led to swallowing air, burping, pain in left abdomen, wind all inside of 20’ … :face_with_monocle: My stomach & gut can react extremely quickly, altho tomatoes take 24h to get right thru.
Bladder: p0-2 as ever.
Development:

My sleep problems may seem to coincide with getting up at 6:20, but that was just the climax, I'd been overdoing it doing 2h of tough stuff for 4 days, without realizing, & needing a lot of sleep. So it's not increasing the Mg or glutamine that's making me need more sleep, it's the other way round.

I see I’d needed almost 11h sleep the night before (incl. dozing), feeling fairly OK, but needed the same again and still felt really bad (50%, pain of 3) after. Similarly the nights before, 9h30-11h. The only short night (8h20) was the one before Saturday, followed by 2h yard work, the only other shorter one was the night before Tuesday, 9h33, with a lot of dozing. If I compare the 2h of yard work with 1h of cleaning out the cellar a few weeks ago, that must’ve been major overdoing it, without realizing at all, apart from being tired at 18:00, an hour earlier than usual. Double mask talking at work on Monday added to all activities, problems in the night before Tuesday were going to bed too late, having stomach burn from WHAT? (can’t’ve been GABA after all, as I’m taking much more now, or am I just taking more support), dozing a lot and getting up too early (probably cos of preparing the music lesson) considering all that. So Thursday morning was a symptom, the triggers were the daily overdoing it, 2h of tough stuff.
:face_with_monocle:

Lessons in self-care

#30 Thinking about not going to work tomorrow, seeing as getting up to day at 8 was hard

Reasons to be cheerful

Highlights week 4th to 10th,

my fibromyalgia-references: I’ve improved the treatment list, so I think that’s OK, but the symptom list is still “terrible”, so I’m on to that now…

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-15, Thursday

Sleep: 9h05-50’=8h15, up 6x (50’) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark: except :zzz:

Sleep details

!exact times
2x2 Mg & 2x Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium & Ω3 & perenterol at meal 20:50 (late!), 650mg GABA & 500mg Glutamine 21:40, & 1x Passiflora next, exercises?
(Then 350mg capsule or 20mg GABA sublingually every time I wake up, plus 11:00 FCS#1, 1:00 FCS#2, ?Perenterol, 4:00 6 if nec.)
21:15- (p1) (first dozing.)
23:57 6’ +350mg + 10mg GABA, gum p3 drink 3 sips fw1’ dry mouth: gel.
0:47 4’ +150mg + 10mg, p2 drink fw1’
2:21 4’ p0 10mg & Gastritol drink fw1’
3:56 6’ “hungry” → ate(or when?), fw 4’, drat (FM/a ) →
4:12 10’ drink & Gastricumeel + 10mg + FCS
4:49 20’ 6.
-6:20
Sum: 2h45+6h20-(6+4+4+6+10+20=)50’= 9h05-50’=8h15, up 6x (50’)
9:47- 150mg GABA capsule + 10mg mouth
-11:13 1h26 eyes still wanting to sleep,

Activities:

After getting up :left_right_arrow: 80%/2 (:white_check_mark:)
Live work 1h (talking 10’+10’) & commuting 2x40’ :left_right_arrow: 70%/3 :x:
During & after nap :left_right_arrow: 70%/3 :x:
Cycling 8+8+8+8+5+5=32’ during: :left_right_arrow: 90%/1 :white_check_mark:, after: :left_right_arrow: 70%/3 :x:
Acupressure during & after: :left_right_arrow: 90%/1 :x:
TT 5:1 easy, :left_right_arrow: 80%/2 :x:, after :left_right_arrow: 70%/3 :x:
Lots of fibro work while resting :left_right_arrow: 80%/1 :white_check_mark:

Treatments:

Acupressure 2h Tues & 2h Thurs: Shoulders again, looser there again.

2x400mg Mg malate, 2x500mg Mg glycinate, 3x290mg passiflora, 1340mg GABA, +500mg L-glutamine: Sleep quite good, nap after work was just dozing & hoping, didn’t feel it helped there one way or the other: Neither to sleep, nor to feel better.

"Physio-type self-treatments: 1h13, fibro-work ?3h15

:white_check_mark: Timing, hunchback-pillow 10’, cold shower (10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, neck 1+ 5’, thumbnails 4x30’’, gums 2x30’’, AuTr 20’, loins 1 2’, workout 4’, loins 2 3’, yoga 3’, twist-stretch 2’, = 73’…
:x: neck 2 1’, V ‘, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night: = ?3h15

Symptoms

Lying: Good.
Sitting: Bit worse.
Talking: Keeping it down.
GI: “Hungry” at 4:00 (eating a bit was OK) so better use less specks of GABA (3-4x10mg).
RR: After morning +160mg GABA & nap avg. 120/76 56 → 112/72 55 after 6’.
Bladder: Same

Lessons in self-care

#31 Last time 6:20 for work felt OK before, but home to nap quick after…

my fibromyalgia-references: Improved the symptoms

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

Hi JayCS! Do you remember me??? :crazy_face: I just now read your response to my question. URL. Thanks my friend. I’ve been struggling mentally and physically. Lots of challenges in my life. I know you have lots of challenges in your life too. Let us know about the floods happening in Germany. Stay safe!

1 Like

2021-07-16, Friday

Sleep: 8h10, up 4x (1h53, but “own choice”) +1h08 = 9h18 :left_right_arrow: Feeling 80% well, pain 2 of 7 (:white_check_mark:)

Sleep details: 1h53, was fw (the ref. lists), so my "own choice", I think. But interesting: 8h like yesterday, but OK being out in the morning, as I cd sleep till 8:30, needing to catch up at 16:00 instead of at 10:00

!exact times
2x2 Mg & 2x Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium & Ω3 & perenterol at meal 20:30, ?1000mg GABA & 500mg Glutamine & 1x Passiflora 21:30, exercises?
Then 350mg capsule GABA OR 10mg sublingually every time I wake up (GI!), plus 11:00 FCS#1, 1:00 FCS#2, ?Perenterol, 4:00 6 if nec.
22:30- p1, I think 650mg+500mg GABA before bedtime, but none after that and no specks.
0:01 7’ p0 th drink fw3’
1:29 6’ p2 drink cold washing fw2’
3:16 25’ very tired. Slight heartburn → Gastritol & Gastricumeel, drink, p1. fw 22’
3:52 fw1h15 drink/hungry → ate.
-8:33 Well dunno if that was a good idea… Mightve been a great night apart from the fibro work :roll_eyes: :face_with_monocle: But well: Maybe I slept well the rest of the time because of it…

Sum: 1h30+8h33-(7+6+25+1h15=)1h53= 10h03-1h53=8h10, up 4x (1h53 own choice)
16:37-17:45=+1h08 (deep sleep)

Activities:

Live work 2h, talking 30’ :left_right_arrow: 80%/2 during & after (:white_check_mark:)
Cycling 8+8+8+8=32’ :left_right_arrow: 80%/2 during & after (:white_check_mark:)
TT: too tired at 16:30 and too much into continuing fw. after.

Treatments:

Acupressure 2h Tues & 2h Thurs: Shoulders still quite good, loins worse…

2x400mg Mg malate, 2x500mg Mg glycinate, 3x290mg passiflora, 800mg GABA, +500mg L-glutamine: Sleep wdve been pretty ‘normal’/brilliant.

Physio-type self-treatments: 56', fibro-work = ?4h45

:white_check_mark: AuTr 5’, Timing, palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, workout 7’, cold shower (10’), hunchback-pillow 5’, neck 1+ 3’, twist-stretch 10’, yoga 5’, = 56’…
:x: neck 2 1’, V ‘, loins 1 1’, loins 2 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, gums x30’’, thumbnails x30’’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night: 3+2+22+30+48 + ?2h +1h?= ?4h45…

Symptoms

Lying: Good.
Sitting: Not too good until I started moving around on & from my seats.
Talking: Good, despite quite a few single talks & a bit of tension.
GI: Fairly hungry at 4:00 & very loose stool again in the morning, despite having reduced Ω3 and I think upped the bedtime GABA-dose to 1150, 2 capsules I think I remember. So I’d better repeat that at least once to make sure that & taking (more?) psyllium & Perenterol.
Bladder: Still hasn’t got less. In May, I wrote “Bladder pain down from 80% of the time since the fibro full flare (“Oct” 2019), pain 3-6 to 20%, pain 1-3. Almost completely gone at least since evening of May 4th”. So what’s changed since then is that the pain is there again 20% of the time, however usually only a pain of 1-3, no longer 3-6, which is quite a difference. Cf. “development”.

Development / GABA-report :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:: Bladder pain is back to the same frequency as before GABA, 80% but the pain is still down from 3-6 to 1-3. So what’s changed in since May 6th?:

Even better :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark::
4 :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:: less drowsiness upon waking up,
7 :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark:: workouts often longer,
& :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: TT often playing better & effortlessly & faster without anything else suffering much since increasing the dose,
:white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: less pain pangs, e.g. shoulder & tooth
Still good :white_check_mark::
1 :white_check_mark: stiffness after keeping in one position,
2 :white_check_mark: stiffness from overdoing it,
5 :white_check_mark: ache,
6 :white_check_mark: exhaustibility,
9 :white_check_mark: pee frequency still down,
Side effects :white_check_mark: only sometimes 13. dry mouth, nothing else at all :white_check_mark:,
except hunger/diarrhea due to higher doses, which I’m working on.
Partly not as good any more :white_check_mark:/:x::
3 :x:: similar :white_check_mark:, but sleep stints down again to 1.5h,
8 :x:: urinal pain amount still down :white_check_mark:, but pain frequency back up,
Just as bad :white_check_mark:/:x:
10 :x:: talking thru mask still bad (or :x: worse?)

Lessons in self-care

#32 OK to do some fw, but need to catch up even more on the sleep. Hope no ideas come up tonight.

Reasons to be cheerful

#23 GABA is definitely better than ever, despite returned sleep & bladder problems, & early morning diarrhea

My fibromyalgia-references: done more again, decided on a new simple way to cross-reference, started trying out how an alphabetical list’d be…

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-17, Saturday

Sleep: 8h45, up 6x (1h34) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Sleep details: Difficult till 1:35, then 2h+3h deep restorative stints and a 1h doze

!exact times
2x2 Mg & 2x Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium & not Ω3 & perenterol at meal 20:15, 700mg GABA & !600mg Glutamine & 1x Passiflora 21:00, exercises?
Then 350mg capsule GABA OR 10mg sublingually every time I wake up (GI!), plus 23:00 FCS#1, 1:00 FCS#2, ?Perenterol, 4:00 6 if nec.
21:35-
22:12 20’ still headache → RR p3 350mg GABA, 1x passiflora.
22:49 8’ Cold shower
0:21 45’ still headache. 6. Bit better. Just read led and that rang the bell that I & others wrongly write lead instead (cf. July 14th…). Gastricumeel & speck of GABA.
1:34 4’ Pretty wide awake, still headache. Can’t remember when it started, but pretty sure way before I took the first meds and pretty sure I drank enough today. Maybe didn’t eat enough & too late at midday (15:30), but thought I’d made up for it eating enough at 20:00. Shd I still stay up a bit or try AuTr, hadn’t yet. OK, try AuTr first. fw 4’
3:40 7’ Hardly managed AuTr again. Shdve tried more before. Tired. Thoughts. One: If sleep gets better after 1:00, shd I take the GABA re. the whole load of passiflora earlier? Head still bad when up. & mouth dry. So drink, not gel. fw 4’ p3 th
6:50! 10’ p0 stool normal th fw5’
-7:54 dozed
Sum: 2h25+7h54-(20+8+45+4+7+10=)1h34= 9h79-1h34=8h45, up 6x (1h34)

p0 teeth th drink fw1’ wart
p1 th drink fw1’ wart FCS?
p1 th drink fw1’ wart
p1 th drink fw1’ wart

Activities:

Cycling (expected) 5+5+5=15’, TT 6:1, easy, shop 25’, broke wood 20’ :left_right_arrow: 90%/1 :white_check_mark:

Treatments:

Acupressure 2h Tues & 2h Thurs: My arms seem “stronger” for exercises etc., more flexible.

2x400mg Mg malate, 2x500mg Mg glycinate, 3x290mg passiflora, 1100mg GABA, +600mg L-glutamine: All good today.

Physio-type self-treatments: ', fibro-work ' Jackknife exercise really good after doing loins 1 strongly

:white_check_mark: AuTr 10’, Timing, hunchback-pillow 10’, cold shower (10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 8’, workout 10’, = 52’…
:x: neck 1+ ‘, neck 2 1’, V ‘, twist-stretch ‘, yoga ‘, loins 1 1’, loins 2 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, gums x30’’, thumbnails x30’’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night: = h…

Put Schüßler Nr 4 homeopathic cream (I’d bought by mistake instead of the tablets) on my hurting elbow tendons, as I’ve now read it can be used for tennis elbow. It stopped immediately…

Symptoms

Lying, GI: good
sitting, talking: Not much, standing (which is good to be able to so long), alone most of the day.
Bladder: 0-2
RR: avg. 22:27 117/69 62 no explanation for headache…

Lessons in self-care

Reasons to be cheerful

My fibromyalgia-references: ‘Completed’, re-arranged, corrected the symptom list. Now I’m on the alphabetical.

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-18, Sunday

Sleep:8h48, up 5x (59')+20'= 9h08, dozing 0? Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 ✅: >9h 4 days seems enough❗ praps effective, less dozing - shd ✴ guess dozing length now.

:new:
!exact times
2x2 Mg & 2x Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium & Ω3 & perenterol at meal 20:30, 1000mg GABA & 500mg Glutamine & 1x Passiflora 21:15, exercises?
Then 350mg capsule GABA OR 10mg sublingually every time I wake up (GI!), plus 23:00 FCS#1, 1:00 FCS#2, ?Perenterol, 4:00 6 if nec.
22:05-
00:08 8’ p2 th drink fw1’ (nose clotted) + 300mg GABA (=1300mg)
1:41 6’ p0 th Gastritol on soy drink, 2x Gastricumeel
2:15 8’ LBU → curling backwards → FCS (Schüßler on neck before)
4:10 34’ 6. No tummy problem.
5:59 3’ (Using Schüßler 4 cream on everything: neck, right shoulder, left elbow again) p2 "Golden-yellow Girl on enormous ropes swings in all directions trying to get to sth., fear she’d hurt herself. dry mouth → gel, since tummy still OK.
7:52 p0, stool perfect. Well restored, bit tired, hmm,
-end?
teeth wart
Sum: 7h52+1h55-(8+6+8+34+3=)59’= 9h47-59’=8h48, up 5x (59’)+20’
17:14-34= 20’

Activities: TT easy 70' & Bike trip 70': 90%/1 ✅, Yard work 30': 70%/3 ❌

Cycling 5+5=10’, TT easy: 90%/1 :white_check_mark:

Treatments:

Acupressure: Arms still good ✅, loins pretty OK ✅

(2h Tues & 2h Thurs**)

Supps (GABA ↗ 1300mg): Good sleep ✅, no GI problems ✅. Sleepy in the afternoon.

2x400mg Mg malate, 2x500mg Mg glycinate, 3x290mg passiflora, 1000+300= 1300mg GABA, 500mg L-glutamine, plus all belly help (psyllium, Gastritol & linseed oil with the evening meal, S. boulardii after; at night: 20 drops of Gastritol on soy dirnk, 1x2 Gastricumeel):

Physio-type self-treatments: 1h06 ✅, fibro-work 6-7h? ✅

:white_check_mark: AuTr 5’, Timing, hunchback-pillow 10’, cold shower (10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, workout 7’, twist-stretch 9’, yoga 6’, loins 1 3’, loins 2 2’, gums 2x30’’, thumbnails 6x30’’, = 66’…
:x: neck 1+ ‘, neck 2 1’, V ‘, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’

Fibro-work: Night: = ?6h…

Symptoms: still all pretty good, even sitting. ✅ Not much talking.

Lying:
Sitting:
Talking:
GI:
Bladder:
Therapy:
Docs/Diagnoses:

Development: Re-analysis of the effects of the supp/med-trials in May only repeats what I already thought ✅: I want to revisit 🔄 L-tryptophan, but with powder/capsules next, then 🔔 serrapeptase, & if that doesn't increase sleep then 🔄 levodopa 50mg again, probably not ⛔ 100mg (strong LBU). Parallel to those: 🔔 Yoga Nidra, 🔔 essential oils like the 'Morphine bomb' and 🔔 Schuessler salts 2, 4 and 7.

While bundling info yesterday I came across my trials May 11th to 12th with ashwagandha, renewed 5-HTP first (14h), then added L-Tryptophan (16th), then started levodopa May 21st to June 8th (17 days of 50mg, 2 days of 100mg), then upping GABA on June 2nd again after reducing.
:no_entry: (?) Glutamic acid: My last focal seizures was May 11th, so after April 23rd, so I’ve only been free of them since then. Had to get up early on 10th, that cdve also been an influence.
Ashwagandha :no_entry: 2x500mg: Tired & weak all day, plus GI from stomach over gut to rectum all day & night.
5-HTP :no_entry: (due to this study): Seemed to increase my cortisol, which is why Trudy prefers to use it in the mornings, and in case of high cortisol/insomnia: tryptophan first. I cd still try 5-HTP in the mornings…?
L-Tryptophan :arrows_counterclockwise:: GI & dead tired, but poss due to the cortisol from the 5-HTP before, so planning (then too) to revisit it using capsules & a lower dose.
Levodopa :arrows_counterclockwise: (incl. reducing GABA and changing to sublingual), sometimes 1h before sleep, sometimes directly: Sleep good first, sleep breaks often only 10-30’ with 50mg. Worse when increasing to 100mg. GI: heartburn//stomach burn/nausea probably the sublingual GABA. Achilles tendon stabs, lower bp, ear acupressure good tho.
GABA :white_check_mark: up again to 750+ June 3rd: Best idea: Greatly improved days.
Bottom line: Won’t repeat ashwagandha or 5-HTP. I’ll repeat Tryptophan with powder/capsules. Then either serrapeptase or levodopa. Ideal sleep was on May 22nd (GABA (1x300mg) + Mg (malate 2x45mg) + levodopa (1x50mg)+25% benersazide). And the (real) glutamine now doesn’t seem to do what the levodopa did in increasing dopamine. Only 300mg GABA wasn’t enough for the daytime, altho it does increase sleepiness, which I immediately feel on taking it.

How did my sleep psychiatrist explain my feverishness: cortisol?

I’ve also just noticed that I’d wanted to write down what my sleep lab doc says where he thinks the feverish feeling comes from (tiredness), but didn’t, praps I can remember, or my wife can, otherwise I’ll ask again, or have I written it somewhere on the web?. I think he said it might be something like a flush/flash due to the cortisol etc…

Lessons in self-care #33 Shdnt get too carried away with the fw…
Reasons to be cheerful #24 Proud of my progress with the reference lists.

my blog-summary and
my fibromyalgia-references: First thing that’s come out of all this work for me personally apart from the eagle-eye perspective :eagle: is interest in D-Ribose (despite GI-side fx) and :new: for me Yoga Nidra (‘yogic sleep’) - is that something for me? and for all people who need to relax? Hearing of more essential oils (e.g. the ‘Morphine bomb’) the lack in the list made me more interested than I otherwise wdve been.

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

Highlights of the week - July 11th to July 17th

1. Supps: Almost all GABA benefits are still there after 3 months. :partying_face::exclamation:
  2. Upping GABA, glutamine & passiflora, adding Magnesium bisglycinate was good this week :smiley:.
  3. GI-side fx were alleviated by Ω3, psyllium, Gastritol, Gastricumeel, Perenterol (S. boulardii) :smiley_cat:
  4. Need to keep the linseed oil (Ω3) down, and only with meals (diarrhea)!:exclamation: :warning:
  5. What I also want to try is :bell: NAC, :bell: L-theanine and :bell: pure glycine. :face_with_monocle:
  6. Acupressure on my shoulders is also slowly improving my arms, praps also neck. :smiley_cat:
  7. Activities: started pretty bad Mon(70%/3) & Tues (70%/1), like last week :frowning_face_with_open_mouth: but are getting better. :smiley_cat:
  8. Bike ride on Sunday was tough enough already: :left_right_arrow: 50%/6 :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:
  9. Table tennis has always been easy/effortless (acupressure?), only that is important :smiley_cat:
  10. Symptoms: Sitting is sometimes, and esp. lying is better now. :smiley_cat:
  11. Trying to take my mask off as quick as I can at/after work :grimacing::exclamation:
  12. Sleep and then feeling less tired has been slowly getting quite good again. :smiley_cat:
  13. GI: I need to remember not to eat salad under time pressure at work, best 45’ :face_with_monocle:.:exclamation:
  14. Getting my credit card back quickly was nice :disappointed_relieved:, still nervous :worried: about forgetting things. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
  15. Expanded & improved my treatment reference list and started an alphabetical list, FWIW :crazy_face:

2021-07-19, Monday

Emojis to copy and paste, incl. into this "summary of details"...✅

https://hotemoji.com, ‍ Zero Width Joiner (ZWJ) Emoji at https://emojipedia.org, https://everyemoji.com/, Emoji 😆✂️📋 Emoji for Keyboard,Cool Emoji Copy and Paste

Sleep: 8h56 (doze/AuTr: 2h of that), plus up 7x (1h43) :↔️: Feeling 80% well, pain 1 of 7 ✅: Always use downstairs loo to reduce waiting time❗Irritated by new bed clothes❓----

!exact times
2x2 Mg & 2x Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium & Ω3 & perenterol at meal 20:55, 1050mg GABA & 550mg Glutamine & 1x Passiflora 21:30, exercises :white_check_mark:
21:49-
23:24 27’ unrest somehow., and nose clotted, FCS fw 7’ nothing about nose clotting anywhere. (held up 4’) slight heartburn: drink + Gastritol
‍0:38 33’ AuTr 11’ dozing, so did my first Yoga Nidra trial Ten Minute Yoga Nidra | Reset Your Nervous System - YouTube Ally Boothroyd
Nice, but hardly any different to my AuTr, which “tingles” in my feet even more. Still only dozing.
1:25 2’ +500mg + 20 directly = 1570mg GABA.
1:50 16’ Still only dozing/AuTr, so FCS2. Neck pain: Schuessler 4 & neck 1 2’+2 1’. Didn’t help, Traumeel. “New” bed stuff irritating, prefer my old stuffy ones…
2:24 27’ still can’t get no real sleep. 6.
5:06 3’ p2 th Yes, that’s all sleep now! fw1’
8:14 6’ p0 (downstairs: shdve done that at 23:24 too, shd do that every time, instead of waiting.)
-8:28
Sum:2h11+8h28-(27+33+2+16+27+3+6=)1h54= 10h39(9h99)-1h54+11’=8h56, up 7x (1h43), real sleep t21:l49-23:24(1h35)+2:51-8:14(5h23)=6h58

Activities: live work hard & emotionally exhausting :↔️:70%/3 ❌ TT easy & walk 80%/2 ✅

Live work/train (mask) ?2h
Cycling (expected) 8+8+8+8+5+5=42’
TT 8:2 easy

On the 1h walk plus 20’ breaks I put my legs up in between and forced myself, needed to rest after. Pain in both elbows like I always have, whether the arms are hanging or holding hands. :people_holding_hands: And when my right knee hurt as often, I twist-stretched it outwards and inwards with every step like I did before fibro and realized that my idea for the twist-stretching everything at once is a development from that, also an idea of mine. :smirk:

Acupressure: arms still good, but standing an hour wasn't. ✅

Acupressure 2h Tues & 2h Thurs

Supps: GABA ↗ 1550mg due to bad sleep ❌, no GI problems ✅

2x400mg Mg malate, 2x500mg Mg glycinate, 3x290mg passiflora, 1050+500=1550mg GABA, +550mg L-glutamine: After all the tricks and despite all preventative measures sleep only 22:00 for 2h and from 2:45-8:15

Supps: Tryptophan reasons (busy mind??) and dose (<500mg), Break tablets into the capsules.

“…busy mind, ruminations type or worry anxiety).
If she does have some of these symptoms, we pick one or two symptoms and do a trial with 1 x 500mg tryptophan opened on to the tongue (or less if she’s super sensitive). She rates the symptoms out of 10 before the tryptophan trial and then after the trial. Depending on how she responds on the trial, we’ll decide if she needs 1 or 2 x 500mg mid-afternoon and evening. The bedtime dose also depends on how bad the insomnia is. We continue to increase as needed based on symptoms until she has no more low serotonin type symptoms or until no additional benefits are observed.” (blog)

Supps: Increasing dopamine: tyrosine, SAM-e & theanine (herb: Mucuna pruriens)

Increasing dopamine instead of levodopa:
Adaptogens Dopamine Supplements: Boost Your Mood (and more) Naturally | Be Brain Fit
L-Tyrosine (better not as N-acetyl l-tyrosine (NALT)),
SAM-e (s-adenosyl methionine) (metabolite) (don’t mix with levodopa) for depression
L-theanine
Mucuna pruriens is one of the herbs mentioned I’ve considered before.

Supps: Trudy's summary page

Summary page on Trudy Scott’s blog: Glutamine calms & balances blood sugar, GABA eases physical tension, Tryptophan eases anxiety in the head/busy ruminations, DPA and tyrosine help quit comfort-eating & coffee. (And her questionnaire) And GABA+tryptophan with the important links
Capsule machine on wikihow

Physio-type self-treatments: 1h40 ✅, fibro-work 1h50

:white_check_mark: Timing, AuTr 20’, hunchback-pillow 15’, cold shower 2x(10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, neck 1+ 3’, neck 2 2’, thumbnails 4x30’’, twist-stretch ‘, loins 1 4’, gums 2x30’’ = 99’…
:x: workout 7’, V ‘, yoga ‘, loins 2 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, , RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night: 30’ morning: 1h = 1h30 + ?20?

Symptoms: Lying & GI OK ✅, walking OK-ish, standing 1h wasn't ❌, bladder same

Lying:
Sitting:
Talking:
GI:
Bladder:
Therapy:
Docs/Diagnoses:

Development?:

Development:

Lessons in self-care #34 The farewell celebration for my boss was tougher than ambivalent. Left early. :grimacing: :crying_cat_face:
Lessons in self-care #35 So I need a LOT self-care today.
Lessons in self-care #36 The eulogies reminded me of those for my dad :coffin: :church: 4 years ago which left me with excruciating jaw pain for weeks and on and off for months :grimacing:. So extra GABA first and TT as soon as possible.
Reasons to BE cheerful #25 I’ve been copying “Reasons to cheerful’” without seeing it’s wrong :rofl:
Reasons to be cheerful #26 One of my bikes was still there after forgetting to lock it on Friday.
Reasons to be cheerful #27 And forgot to lock it again. :roll_eyes: But remembered. :disappointed_relieved:

Highlights week 11th to 17th.

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-20, Tuesday

"Sleep: 8h53, plus up 4x (27'), minus 39+22=61' doze = 7h52 ↔️ Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 ✅": Enjoyed getting up slowly, but seemed finished with sleep at 7:20 after a restorative night: the Tryptophan?

!exact times
Tryptophan 200mg & FCS1 at 18:00, +200mg & 2x2 Mg & 2x Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium & Ω3 & perenterol at meal 19:00, 1100mg GABA & 500mg Glutamine & 1x Passiflora 21:40, exercises?
22:00- dozing/AuTr 5’, loins/twist-stretch 5’ (as often btw)
22:39 12’ p1 FCS2 + 500mg GABA = 1600mg → sleep.
2:07 9’ p1 th drink + Gastritol + Gastricumeel fw1’
3:57 3’ p0 th drink Gastritol fw1’
6:54 4’ p0 th drink Gastritol fw1’ → doze
teeth
-7:20
Sum: 2h+7h20-(12+8+3+4=)27’= 9h20-27’=8h53, plus up 4x (27’), minus 39+22=61’ doze = 7h52
8:31-

Activities: Cycling, grandchild :↔️:90%/1 ✅

Cycling TT 2:2 easy, 5+5+12+12+25+20=79’, grandchild 2h

Acupressure: Doing loins again has helped a bit ✅, neck hasn't yet ❌, sleep point 🧐.

Acupressure 2h Tues & 2h Thurs:

Supps: + 2x200mg Tryptophan (made powder with a mortar) ✅, no GI problems ✅

2x200mg Tryptophan, 2x400mg Mg malate, 2x500mg Mg glycinate, 3x290mg passiflora, 1100mg GABA, +500mg L-glutamine:

Physio-type self-treatments: 46' ✅, fibro-work 20'

:white_check_mark: Timing, AuTr ‘, hunchback-pillow ‘, cold shower 2x(10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, workout 7’, twist-stretch 2’, gums 2x30’’, thumbnails 10x30’’, = 46’…
:x: neck 1+ ‘, neck 2 1’, V ‘, yoga ‘, loins 1 1’, loins 2 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, RR x2’

*Fibro-work: Night: = h20 *

Symptoms: No GI, lying good, sitting OK, bladder seems better? ✅ Seeming aura of seizures at 14:30 and 22:30...

Talking: GI: Bladder: Therapy: Docs/Diagnoses:

Lessons in self-care #37 Have to sort out what to do when grandchild doesn’t do what I ask… :grimacing:
Reasons to be cheerful #28 Feel free, break from work greatly reduces my life pressure…
Reasons to be cheerful #29 Fun with my grandchild (but…)…

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-21, Wednesday - better sleep, more TT precision, but seizure from the tryptophan (maybe together with the glutamine) :face_with_monocle: :roll_eyes: :crazy_face:

Sleep: = deep7h19 + doze 82' + 4 breaks 64' ↔️ Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 ✅

!exact times
Tryptophan 200mg & FCS1 at 18:00, +200mg & 2x2 Mg & 2x Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium & Ω3 & perenterol at meal 19:00, 1000mg GABA & 500mg Glutamine & 1x Passiflora 21:40, exercises?
22:05- p0! doze, belly pressure, slight seizure inclinations 22:30 and 14:30, needle pain in left ankle at the same time (!?), slight jaw soreness →
22:31 10’ p0! FCS th drink Gastritol fw1’ = 3h10!
1:51 40’ p0 6 50 Glutamine = 550 +450 GABA = 1450 = 1h40
4:07 9’ p1 annoying need pricks in left knee inwards and left heel inwards, dry mouth: drink
4xRR 118/71 51. Dozing ?20’ first? (cos of RR too long) = 3h-7’
7:09 5’ p0 (feels like all my muscles there ‘drop’ before it flowing :face_with_monocle:), right elbow hurting a bit: Schüßler 4 seemed better. Hungry: soy + Gastritol helped for a while. Dozing
-7:50
Sum: 1h55+7h50-(10+40+9+5=)64’= 9h45-64’=8h41, plus up 4x (64’), minus 26+20+36=82’ doze = deep7h19 + doze 82’ + 4 breaks 64’.
Felt I needed more sleep, but only dozing and not being tired all day yesterday suggests deeper sleep is more important: long - medium - long re. double - single - double stint. What if I try cold showering before bed again?

Activities: 6h music making OK!, cycling 10', TT easy :↔️:80%/1 ✅, bit strange (seizures)
Acupressure: arms & loins good ✅ few needly pains at night ❌

Supps: + 2x200mg Tryptophan (made powder with a mortar) ✅, no GI problems ✅, but seizure either from the tryptophan or (together with) the glutamine

2x200mg Tryptophan, 2x400mg Mg malate, 2x500mg Mg glycinate, 3x290mg passiflora, 1100mg GABA, +500mg L-glutamine:

Physio-type self-treatments: 1h ✅, fibro-work 20'

:white_check_mark: Timing, AuTr 15’, hunchback-pillow 10’, cold shower (10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, twist-stretch 3’, gums 2x30’’, thumbnails 8x30’’, yoga 3’, loins 1 2’, = 59’…
:x: workout 7’, neck 1+ ‘, neck 2 1’, V ‘, loins 2 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night: = h20

Symptoms: Seizures! ❌ But better sleep, better TT ✅. I can't win, apparently?

Yesterday I had 2 inklings 14:30 and 22:30, today 1 also about 14:30 and then a first small seizure playing TT around 16:00…
Seizures. I guess from the tryptophan, since I’ve been taking glutamine quite some time now. User with more seizures from Tryptophan Does tryptophan help prevent seizures? | Epilepsy Forums
User with more seizures from 5-HTP 5-HTP | Epilepsy Forums
Apparently more seizures possible from Serotonin (? - but GABA reduces seizures normally…) Tryptophan Side Effects: L-Tryptophan Is Far From Harmless
Tryptophan ineffective in preventing seizures (in mice) Audiogenic seizures and brain serotonin after L-tryptophan and p-chlorophenylalanine - PubMed
It depends: 5-HTP | Epilepsy Forums :roll_eyes:
So what do I do now?
Lying, standing, Talking: GI: Bladder: Therapy: Docs/Diagnoses: Development:

Lessons in self-care #38 Cdve explained/discussed with my grandchild, instead of expecting obeyance.
#39 Didnt look in a mail I saw late which mightve triggered something.
Reasons to be cheerful #30 Good that my grandchild can say no. I wish I cdve done that early on.

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-22, Thursday

Sleep: 9h21, plus up 7x (1h57) (0' doze) ↔️ Feeling ?90% well, pain ?1 of 7 ✅

!exact times
0mg Tryptophan & 1xFCS, 2x2 Mg & 2x Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium & Ω3 & perenterol at meal 19:30, !1200mg GABA & !600mg Glutamine & 1x Passiflora 21:55, exercises?
Then 350mg capsule GABA OR 10mg sublingually every time I wake up (GI!), plus 23:00 FCS#1 (or try before sleep again?), 1:00 FCS#2, ?Perenterol, 4:00 6 if nec.
22:20- Not dozing, due to FCS. :smiley:
23:24 3’ p2 due to no Trypotophan. Left ring finger hurting all evening: Arnica cream
0:01 3’ p1. Finger still hurting.
0:39 3’ p1: tryptophan(?) Finger still. Wasn’t acupressure that had helped sleep. drink. Gastritol. 200 glutamine = 800mg, & 350 GABA = 1550mg.
1:52 3’ p3, finger, neck → arnica, left knee… drink, no GI altho forgotten psyllium. Gastricumeelm, nose clotted,
2:53 3’ p2, finger, left lower jaw #5, right knee
4:11 3’ p2, finger, nose clotted, cold? → trousers on hungry → Gastritol
5:23 3’ p0, finger, nose: cold → woolen socks over the other 3 pairs :white_check_mark:, left shoulder, right elbow.
Is this literally a COLD turkry of the tryptophan or has it just got cold outside?
fw1’ Next time I have to pee frequently remember to put more socks on!
Finding it a bit hard to remember to write in English.
-6:00 Itchy. Pretty awake. How ironic, it’s Thursday and I’m up before the Thursday’s alarm altho I don’t have to go to work that early anymore. :roll_eyes: Pressure on forehead. fw. 6. Hungry → ate.
7:39-9:38: +2h (thumb & fw & deep sleep every p-time)
-9:38
Sum: 1h40+9h38-(3+3+3+3+3+3=18+1h39=)1h57’= 11h18(10h78)-1h57=9h21, plus up 7x (1h57), minus =0’ doze
Strange, never had a night like that before.

Activities: Cycling fast 30', TT easy :↔️:90%/1 ✅
Acupressure: A bit exhausted from the treatment, but everything better. ✅

Acupressure 2h Tues & 2h Thurs: Lots of short stabs in elbows, knees, improved by today’s acupressure, shoulders and loins too. Treatment was ear - as always-, neck, shoulders and right elbow. Tender jaw remained. Left ring finger pain reduced, but still there.

Supps:↗1550 GABA,↗800 glutamine,↘0mg Tryptophan ✅ better. GI: bit of D, forgot psyllium ❌.

0x200mg Tryptophan, 2x400mg Mg malate, 2x500mg Mg glycinate, 3x290mg passiflora, 1550mg GABA, 800mg L-glutamine:

Physio-type self-treatments: 44'... ✅, fibro-work 2h

*:white_check_mark: Timing, AuTr 5’, hunchback-pillow 15’, cold shower (10’), back 7’, gums 2x30’’, thumbnails 8x30’’, RR 4x2’ = 44’…
:x: palpate 1’, belly 3’, workout 7’, twist-stretch 2’, neck 1+ ‘, neck 2 1’, V ‘, yoga ‘, loins 1 1’, loins 2 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, *
Fibro-work: Night: = 2h

Symptoms: Bladder pain down to 0(-1) since starting then stopping Tryptophan ✅ 🧐. RR 17:45 OK.

RR 17:41 120/72 62, 130/76 67 irr, 120/73 63, 130/73 65.
Lying good, standing OK, sitting OK on a garden chair 60’, Talking: 60’ chat with neighbours OK, altho tired dunno GI: Bladder: Better at last! Therapy: Docs/Diagnoses: Development:

Do I still need to take ezetimibe+atorvastatin despite Mediterranean diet, lots of Ω3 and very low LDL now? According to all recent studies they can't reduce lipoprotein (a), which EVERYONE now says is important, but even INCREASES it a bit, and several new drugs are in the pipeline. So I'll get the bloods done with and then without and if nec. regularly and ask my GP.

Tsimikas 2020: Statin therapy increases lipoprotein(a) levels - PubMed - but probably not clinically significant, statins are still good for cholesterol: https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/article/41/24/2285/5536315
Tsimikas 2020: APO(a)-LRx reduced lp(a) Lipoprotein(a) Reduction in Persons with Cardiovascular Disease - PubMed (There are no approved pharmacologic therapies to lower lipoprotein(a) levels.)
Jang 2020: Lipoprotein(a) and Cardiovascular Diseases - Revisited - PubMed New therapeutic strategies using proprotein convertase subtilisin-kexin type 9 inhibitors or antisesnse oligonucleotide technology have shown promising results in effectively lowering Lp(a), as statins, niacin and others don’t really.
Tada 2019: Lipoprotein(a) as an Old and New Causal Risk Factor of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease - PubMed Lp(a) is currently considered a mere biomarker but may emerge as a novel therapeutic target in future clinical settings.
Wang 2021: Effect of different types and dosages of statins on plasma lipoprotein(a) levels: A network meta-analysis - PubMed Statins have no clinically significant effect on Lp(a) levels.
Hoogeveen 2021: Residual Cardiovascular Risk at Low LDL: Remnants, Lipoprotein(a), and Inflammation - PubMed Clinical trials demonstrate persistent residual ASCVD risk despite aggressive LDL-C lowering. Growing evidence supports a causal role for TGRLs, lipoprotein(a).
Anastasiou 2021 Lipoprotein(a): A Concealed Precursor of Increased Cardiovascular Risk? A Real-World Regional Lipid Clinic Experience - PubMed elevated Lp(a) levels in CVD. Lp(a) levels slightly increased during follow-up (eze+statins).
Jang 2021: New Trends in Dyslipidemia Treatment - PubMed ASOs targeting TG/TRL, such as angiopoietin-like 3 or 4 (ANGPTL3 or ANGPTL4), apolipoprotein C-III (APOC3), or Lp(a) have effectively lowered the corresponding lipid profiles without requiring high or frequent doses. Clinical outcomes from these novel therapeutics are yet to be proven.
Sahebkar 2021(Altern Ther Health Med): Flaxseed Supplementation Reduces Plasma Lipoprotein(a) Levels: A Meta-Analysis - PubMed Results suggested a significant decrease in plasma Lp(a). Potential clinical significance of flaxseed supplementation for patients who are at risk of a high residual CVD despite intensive statin therapy, patients with hyperliporoteinemia(a), and patients who prefer natural remedies for CVD prevention in the context of a healthy lifestyle. Further RCTs are needed to establish the role of flaxseed-containing products on lowering Lp(a).
Rhainds 2021: Lipoprotein (a): When to Measure and How to Treat? - PubMed association between Lp(a) level and CV risk. Lp(a) is a current target for drug development to reduce CV risk in patients with elevated levels, and lowering Lp(a) with ASO represents a promising avenue.
Reiner 2019: Can Lp(a) Lowering Against Background Statin Therapy Really Reduce Cardiovascular Risk? - PubMed Conclusive evidence is still lacking as to whether the treatment with PCSK9 inhibitors against background statin therapy actually additionally reduces ASCVD risk due to the lowering of Lp(a) or simply due to lowering LDL-C to levels much lower than high-intensity statin treatment as monotherapy.
Brandt 2021: Association of vitamins, minerals, and lead with Lipoprotein(a) in a cross-sectional cohort of US adults - PubMed Lp(a) associated similarly to LDL-C when vitamins, minerals, and lead were tested as continuous variables, while only Lp(a) correlated with vitamin B12 and folate when tested as categorical variables.
Sinning 2021: [New Lipid-lowering Agents] - PubMed They’re looking…
Karapostolakis 2021: Expert position statements: comparison of recommendations for the care of adults and youth with elevated lipoprotein(a) - PubMed atorvastatin had a beneficial effect on the lipid profile and cIMT progression in children with severe dyslipidemia (Carotid intima-media thickness)
Wong 2021: Expert position statements: comparison of recommendations for the care of adults and youth with elevated lipoprotein(a) - PubMed
Mortensen 2021: Examine low-density lipoprotein, remnants, and lipoprotein(a) in parallel in high risk patients - PubMed = https://academic.oup.com/eurheartj/article/42/18/1809/6044433 pro statins, Koh ‘anti’.
Eraikhuemen 2021: Emerging Pharmacotherapy to Reduce Elevated Lipoprotein(a) Plasma Levels - PubMed “The newer and emerging lipid-lowering agents, such as the second-generation antisense oligonucleotides, cholesteryl ester transfer protein inhibitors, and proprotein convertase subtilisin/kexin type 9 inhibitors” are better than statins, fibrates, or bile acid sequestrants: these are ineffective.
Wong 2021: Relation of First and Total Recurrent Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease Events to Increased Lipoprotein(a) Levels Among Statin Treated Adults With Cardiovascular Disease - PubMed The risk of first and total ASCVD events is increased with Lp(a) levels of ≥70 mg/dL and ≥50 mg/dL, respectively, among adults with known CVD on statin therapy.
Wilson 2021: Expert position statements: comparison of recommendations for the care of adults and youth with elevated lipoprotein(a) - PubMed Lp(a) is emerging as important, incl. due to COVID-19.
Obońska 2021: Low dose of ROSuvastatin in combination with EZEtimibe effectively and permanently reduce low density lipoprotein cholesterol concentration independently of timing of administration (ROSEZE): A randomized, crossover study - preliminary results - PubMed Fixed-dose combination of rosuvastatin and ezetimibe significantly and permanently decreases LDL-C regardless of the timing of drug administration.
Hussain 2021: New Approaches for the Prevention and Treatment of Cardiovascular Disease: Focus on Lipoproteins and Inflammation - PubMed
Mayo 2021: Lipoprotein(a) as a unique primary risk factor for early atherosclerotic peripheral arterial disease - PubMed Early lp(a) is vital.
Hermans 2021: Lipid and cardiometabolic features of T2DM patients achieving stricter LDL-C and non-HDL-C targets in accordance with ESC/EAS 2019 guidelines - PubMed T2DM = Diabetes.
Ruscica 2021: Lipid Lowering Drugs: Present Status and Future Developments - PubMed Despite the demonstrated benefits of statins, a large number of patients still remain at significant risk because of inadequate LDL-C reduction or elevated blood triglyceride-rich lipoproteins or lipoprotein(a). The area of lipid modulating agents is still ripe with ideas and major novelties are to be awaited in the next few years.
Pecin 2021: Novel Experimental Agents for the Treatment of Hypercholesterolemia - PubMed Some of them are almost ready to use in everyday clinical practice.
Vogt 2021: [Management of dyslipidaemias: The New 2019 ESC/EAS-Guideline] - PubMed For patients at very high risk the new LDL-C goal is < 1.4 mmol/l (55 mg/dl) and reduction of ≥ 50 % from baseline. The overall aim is to reduce “cholesterol life years”.
Nurmohamed 2021: Working towards full eradication of lipid-driven cardiovascular risk? - PubMed Although the use of triglyceride-lowering therapies remains a matter of debate, post hoc analyses consistently show a benefit in subsets of patients with high triglyceride or low high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels. … Lp(a)-lowering therapies such as pelacarsen are under clinical investigation, offering a potent Lp(a)-lowering effect. If proven effective in reducing cardiovascular endpoints, Lp(a) lowering holds promise to be the third axis of effective lipid-lowering therapies. Using these three components of lipid-lowering treatment, the contribution of apoB-containing lipid particles to the CVD risk may be fully eradicated in the next decade.
Pearson 2021: 2021 Canadian Cardiovascular Society Guidelines for the Management of Dyslipidemia for the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease in Adults - PubMed For any patient with triglycerides ˃ 1.5 mmol/L, either non-high-density lipoprotein cholesterol or apolipoprotein B are the preferred lipid parameter for screening, rather than low-density lipoprotein cholesterol. Health behaviour modification, including regular exercise and a heart-healthy diet, remain the cornerstone of cardiovascular disease prevention.
Rosenson 2021: Existing and emerging therapies for the treatment of familial hypercholesterolemia - PubMed specific.
Afshar 2021: Drugs for Prevention and Treatment of Aortic Stenosis: How Close Are We? - PubMed overview (CDN)

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-23, Friday

8h13-17'=7h56, plus up 3x (17'), plus 1h doze, +23' deep sleep: ∑ 8h20 ↔️ Feeling 70% well, pain 2 of 7 ❌. So try taking additional GABA/Glutamine at 4am next. 🧐

!exact times
2x2 Mg & 2x Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium & Ω3 & perenterol at meal 19:00, 1200mg GABA & 500mg Glutamine & 1x Passiflora 21:40, exercises?
Then 350mg capsule GABA OR 10mg sublingually every time I wake up (GI!), plus 23:00 FCS#1 (or try before sleep again?), 1:00 FCS#2, ?Perenterol, 4:00 6 if nec.
21:50- p1
1:11 5’ p1 th drink Gastritol fw1’ 200 glutamine=700 450 GABA=1650
2:41 3’ p0 th drink Gastricumeel fw1’ (after offering to play football with kids altho pretty dark dramatic nuclear attack - dark then suddenly light, with hundreds of rockets sprayed up above and then immediately tangible fall-out). In between: dry mouth gel, piezo.
4:22 9’ p1 th drink Gastritol fw7’ tiny insect bites are getting at me: more piezo flashes. Neck better.
-6:03 p1 th drink lots, fw3’ Woke up due to siren from cool intense vivid dream: Turkish/Arabian boy and girl, how they are / fit together, me wanting to go home later in the evening, flea market type guy who I wanted to buy something from, helping folks with little money.)
teeth. Creative: Lyrics:
“Take it slow, but keep it steady; Help it grow, until it’s ready, / Make it glow and just stay ready,
Hold the light and stretch your hands up; keep your faith, our pledge/love will stand out.” 6.
7:36-8:59 1h23 mainly dozing?
Sum: 2h10+6h03-(5+3+9=)17’= 8h13-17’=7h56, plus up 3x (17’), plus 1h doze, 23’ sleep: 8h20

Activities: Doc for bloods 20', resting a lot (fw), cycling 30', shops 30' :↔️:90%/1 ✅
Acupressure: Loins good, shoulders & neck better (but neck no longer 110°) ✅

Acupressure 2h Tues & 2h Thurs : :x: :face_with_monocle:

Supps: ↗1650 GABA +700 glutamine ✅, no GI problems ✅, better sleep, but only till 6am. Don't feel seizury, so I guess that proves the tryptophan was somehow too much.

2x400mg Mg malate, 2x500mg Mg glycinate, 3x290mg passiflora, 1650mg GABA, +700mg L-glutamine:

"Physio-type self-treatments: 1h ✅, fibro-work 5h?

*:white_check_mark: Timing, AuTr 10’, hunchback-pillow 5’, cold shower (10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, twist-stretch 6’, gums 2x30’’, thumbnails 10x30’’, neck 1+ 2’, yoga 8’, = 58’…
:x: workout 7’, neck 2 1’, V ‘, loins 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, RR x2’*x
Fibro-work: Night: … = ?5h

Symptoms: Good, e.g. bladder 0-1 all day ✅

Lying OK, standing didn’t, sitting mostly on the floor, OK, Talking: not much GI: good Bladder: p0-1 all day! Therapy: Docs/Diagnoses: Development:

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-24, Saturday

Sleep: 8h51-59'= 7h52, plus up 8x (59'), minus 0 doze ↔️ Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 ✅ - strange, my sleep seemed restorative...🧐

2x2 Mg & 2x Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium & Ω3 & perenterol at meal 20:15, 1200mg GABA & 600mg Glutamine & 1x Passiflora 22:15, exercises?
Oh dear, lack of social control, too much fw, ate too late & too much dairy, bad timing, then my Marigold essence bottle smashed into the sink, took a bit to get all the splinters :roll_eyes:
! 22:55- but at least FCS before sleep, let’s see…
0:08 4’ p1
0:35 3’ p1
1:31 3’ p1
2:10 3’ p1
3:23 4’ p1 GABA + glutamine + drink + Gastritol teeth
5:01 3’ p0 drink
6:30 3’ p1 th drink
6:41-7:27 awake again. Strange. Despite going to bed 1h later. What do I do. 6/ xEat. Dozed.
-7:46. Praps going to bed earlier?
Sum: 1h05+7h46-(4+3+3+3+4+3+3+(19+27)=)59’= 8h51-59’=7h52, plus up 8x (59’), minus 0 doze = 7h52

Activities: Sorted papers, housework, cycling, walk 2h40 :↔️:90%/1 ✅

Sorted papers 60’ housework 40’, Cycling 30’ with walk 30’: all no big problem =’

Acupressure: neither loins, neck, nor shoulders esp. good Fri/Sat (✅)

Acupressure 2h Tues & 2h Thurs

Supps: ↗ 1800 GABA + ↗ 1200 glutamine ✅, no! GI problems, not seizurish ✅

2x400mg Mg malate, 2x500mg Mg glycinate, 3x290mg passiflora, 1800mg GABA, +1200mg L-glutamine:

Physio-type self-treatments: 1h10 ✅, fibro-work 5-6h

:white_check_mark: AuTr 5’, hunchback-pillow 10’, cold shower 2x(10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, gums 2x30’’, thumbnails 2x30’’, yoga 16’, loins 2’, twist-stretch 2’, workout 4’, = 72’…
:x: Timing, neck 1+ ‘, neck 2 1’, V ‘, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night: 5, Morning: 2h+… = ?6h05…

Symptoms: Good, esp. GI, bladder 0-1, bloated pain from too much dairy too suddenly? ✅

Lying good, standing OK, sitting OK, Talking: GI: good! But bloated belly on a walk and increasing after, I don’t think from xylite chewing gum, I think more from suddenly eating dairy joghurts again, altho I’ve been pretty vegan for the last weeks to months. But Bladder: 0-1 Therapy:
New pain in right calf yesterday recurred a minute today… If nec: arnica.
Docs/Diagnoses: Development:

Reasons to be cheerful #31 On my way to the best combination, less and restorative sleep?

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-25, Sunday

Sleep: 8h44, plus up 4x (31'), plus 14' doze (= 9h) ↔️ Feeling 90% well, Ache 3 of 7 in breaks, 1 of 7 after: Deep sleep. ✅

!exact times :white_check_mark: :x: :face_with_monocle:
2x2 Mg & 2x Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium & Ω3 & perenterol at meal 20:05, 1200mg GABA & 600mg Glutamine & ??0-1x Passiflora 21:40, exercises?
Then 600mg capsule GABA at 4:00, plus FCS#1 before sleep again, & praps at 1:00 FCS#2, ?Perenterol, 4:00 6 if nec.
22:30- p1
1:37! 3’ p1 th drink Gastritol fw1’
3:23 9’ p1 drink Gastritol fw1’ + 600 GABA + 600 glutamine teeth
5:14 14’ (creative music flash) p1 drink Gastritol fw1’
5:50 5’ p0 mind overactive: Tried FCS (20’’) (partly dozing)
-7:45 6 p0. 6 (15’: recreate that!) +14’ doze: awake
Sum: 1h30+7h45-(3+9+14+5=)31’= 9h15-31’=8h44, plus up 4x (31’), plus 14’ doze (= 9h)

Activities: Live outdoor service in the blaring sun :↔️:70%/3 ✅

& cycling 5+5… =’

Acupressure: Neck a bit better ✅

Supps: ↗1800mg GABA+↗1200mg! glutamine ✅, sleep deeper ✅, bladder 0(-1) ✅, stiffness praps worse 🧐 (how do I balance *that out?!), no GI problems ✅, still 4 sleep breaks, I'd prefer 2 breaks: Theanine? or a 3rd try with very low dose tryptophan? But ONLY if it decreases sleep breaks! (Seizurishness shd be down thru GABA-increase anyway)

2x400mg Mg malate, 2x500mg Mg glycinate, 2!x290mg passiflora, 1800mg GABA, 1200mg L-glutamine:

Physio-type self-treatments: 47'... ✅, fibro-work 3h...

:white_check_mark: (Timing), AuTr 5’, hunchback-pillow 10’, cold shower (10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, workout 7’, twist-stretch 4’, gums 2x30’’, thumbnails 2x30’’, neck 1+ 3’, neck 2 2’, = 54’…
:x: V ‘, yoga ‘, loins 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night: = 3h

Symptoms: sitting good on mattresses, best my straw one ✅, still not good on thick cushion on kitchen chair ❌ , bit better with a thinner one. Bladder 0(-1)! ✅ 🧐

Lying good, standing dunno, Talking: GI: good after bad pain Sat. eve. Bladder: Better! Therapy: Docs/Diagnoses: Development:

16:00 Extremely irritating neuropathic burning pain on right thigh, partly on left one. First time this intense, like a bee or wasp sting, but nothing to be seen. :x: :x: Sitting in the blaring sun? Or Supps? Yes, both supps!: GABA: Sensation of tingling, itching, and/or tickling in the neck, face, and/and limbs. / tingling effects. And glutamine: hives, itching, skin rash; pain, redness, or swelling in the arm or leg (as well as headache - a bit - and frequent and painful urination, not; note: cold hands and feet), similarly rash (7% to 11%) and skin and appendage disorders (11% to 13%), plus keep an eye on: flatulence (22% to 25%), dry mouth (6% to 11%), constipation (11%), insomnia (11%) and headache (6% to 11%).. If I compare the two, then it feels more extreme, like the glutamine, and now come to think of it I :new: :x: doubled the dose from 600 to 1200 in the night from Fri to Sat and then kept it at that from Sat to Sun, much too high an increase. So :new: back down to 600 or 800mg :face_with_monocle:.
18:00 After kneading it before I knew what it was had made it worse, my wife suggested cold showering, I tried cold washing: good now, and stayed good.

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

Hi JayCS, Sorry you’re having that awful burning pain. Sounds awful. :grimacing:. I miss my Fibro family and hope to participate more soon. Moving from Illinois to Minnesota early September. Been in lots of pain for…? And fatigue. Ah! Love your blog! Keep it going. Take care and don’t forget to rest your body.

1 Like

Highlights of the week - July 18th to July 24/25th

1. Supps: Upping GABA increased sleep depth, stints and effectivity. :smiley:
  2. 2nd dose of GABA at around 4:00 instead of 1:00 seems to stop awaking too early (6:00). :face_with_monocle:
  3. Upping glutamine caused neuropathy on Sunday, so down again. Rest & cold water alleviated it. :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:
  4. It probably wasn’t glutamine that caused the seizures, as it didn’t return when upping it a lot.
  5. So tryptophan seemed to cause seizurishness & pin pricks Tues/Wedn, & 1 focal seizure Wedn. :roll_eyes:
  6. It didn’t seem to decrease sleep breaks or bladder pain any more than now having stopped it.
  7. So now theanine (then serrapeptase, 50mg levodopa, D-Ribose, Schüßler 2/4/7, essential oils?) :face_with_monocle:
  8. Much better activities this week, incl. walks :smiley:; but 30’ yardwork and 80’ eulogies exhausting. :slightly_frowning_face:
  9. Off work for quite a while is great! :+1:
  10. First try of Yoga Nidra seemed very similar to autogenic training. :slightly_smiling_face:
  11. Acupressure helped arms & neck more for a few days, loins longer, but not sleep (yet; I think). :slightly_smiling_face:
  12. Symptoms: GI was good despite more amino acids - if I remember to take everything 2x/d. :face_with_monocle:
  13. Except IBSD from suddenly eating a lot of dairy (vegan before) :slightly_frowning_face: , OK when less.:relieved:
  14. Bladder pain down to 0(-1) since starting then stopping Tryptophan? :face_with_monocle:
  15. Caught up on the forums, before going back to the reference lists next week. :slightly_smiling_face:
  16. Dx: Getting my blood fats checked, to stop ezetimibe+atorvastatin, then check again. :face_with_monocle:
  17. Strange how lessons in self-care & reasons to be cheerful come in waves: more on bad days? :face_with_monocle: