JayCS’s Fibro Blog

Oh dear, taken so long to get back, but you know I’ll always reply sometime :slight_smile:
Well my parents were a great negative example… :wink: :roll_eyes:
Thanks so much for your kind words, heart-warming. :hugs:
Yep, I do feel (and see from the amount of views) that lots are listening to me, which makes me not feel alone.
What I’m trying to get used to is asking more questions instead of babbling on and trying to answer my own questions. Talking to people I actually find asking questions a bit too pushy / obtrusive, and intend and hope that me being open will help other people be open too. But even there and even more writing with people, I’ve realized (and it’s thankfully been rubbed under my nose too ;-)) that asking questions opens me and others up to letting them/you help me more…
It’s quite hard for me, actually! :roll_eyes: And I know I have tried a few times (elsewhere) to no avail, but I think it was probably my fault, making it too big and complicated…

Thank you for helping me and showing the way with your question about our fibro-day… :+1: :1st_place_medal:

2021-06-25, Friday

Sleep: 8h10 !?, up 5x (38’) + 1h05 nap = 9h15 :left_right_arrow: Feeling 80% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Sleep details: Enjoyed sleeping, but getting up in between was a bit 'burdened'. Pretty wide awake at 6:15!, I seem to have stayed in the rhythm of yesterday (for a change), can't manage to want to sleep: maybe I'm sleeping more effective at the moment?? Let's see how it goes... Don't trust this...

!exact times
Passiflora 20:30, moved 6 up to 21:00 instead of at night (is that the secret to more effective sleep?), GABA 21:15
21:30-
23:29- 13’ fw: 9’ p0 th shake 1’ stretch 1’ drink
0:05 6’ p0 th i/work: 3’ drink fw: 2’
0:17’ 7’ FCS p0 th
3:30 5’ p2 th drink fw: 1’ sore throat → Marigold essence
5:50 7’ p2 th drink Marigold fw: 1’
-6:18
Sum: 2h30+6h18-(13+6+7+5+7=)38’= 8h48-38’=8h10, up 5x (38’)+1h
16:40-17:45 slept fairly tightly.

Activities: 4h40 :left_right_arrow: Feeling 80% → 60% well, pain 1, slowly up to 3 of 7, after TT: 4 :x: Tired, but didn’t want to sleep till the afternoon, 20:30 pee-pain of 6 - Well if this ain’t a small flare…

Activity-details: live work 2h30, cycling 42', TT 3:3 1h30

Cycling 8+8+8+8+5+5=h42
TT 3:3 not easy, not hard, tired, very Achey, needed a break (actually more): What’s going on now, there’s a pattern I’m sure…

Sitting same :roll_eyes:, not worse

Treatments: h (self)

Effects of 750mg GABA, 2x290mg passiflora

Dunno

Effects of acupressure...

Dunno

Physio-type self-treatments: 1h20, fibro-work 2h40

:white_check_mark: AuTr 15’, Timing, hunchback-hard-cushion 20’, cold shower 1x(10’), neck 1+ 5’, palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 6’, twist-stretch 8’, yoga 1’, shaking dance 3’, gums 2x30’’, thumbnail 12x30’’, = 1h19…
:x: neck 2 1’, workout 7’, V ‘, loins 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night: 5’ 6:20-57: 37’ 7:00-8:55 +3 = 2h40…

Abbreviations & explanations

Entries start with night meds & sleep, before activities & treatments, because the “night before” is vital. So Fri-day starts with Thursday night, the night before Friday.

Pain "7" = crying (/out) point; my 1 is others 2-3, and due to pacing/treatments

My wife says my 7 is other people’s 12. 1 is probably 2-3. Due to pacing, keeping work down to 25% (12h/wk) and all my treatments (acupressure, GABA) and physio self-treatments I manage to keep getting my pains & Ache down quickly. 3 usually means the Ache, not pains; these I address individually, often automatically and on the fly now, e.g. twist-stretching everything or something specific after getting up.

TIME DATA, e.g. ' = mins, h = hours, 18:10:40', date YYYY-MM-DD

’ = mins = minutes, ‘’ = secs = seconds, h is hours as time length, 3h is 3 hours long, 3:00 is 3am, 15:00 is 3pm. 18:10:40’ means 40 minutes, starting at 18:10, = 10 minutes past 6pm up to 10 to 7pm. The date is the logical digital standard: YYYY-MM-DD.

SLEEP: slp, w, lbu/LBU, RLS, p, i

slp = sleep; reasons for getting up: w = (a)wake, lbu/LBU: lower back unrest (‘RLS’?), p: pee, p2: pain 2 of 7 before peeing, i: ideas.

ACTIVITIES: TT, e.g. "5:1"

TT = table tennis, 5:1 = score, usually showing how well I’m feeling: energy, relaxedness & alertness if the first number is much higher than the second.

SELF-TREATMENTS (about everything else...)

The self-treatments listed are only things that I’m spotlighting & rewarding myself for at the mo by counting them; much of what I do at night is self-treatment to get back to sleep or alleviate (1-2h/d), certain regular movements at daytime, like twist-stretching (30’), writing this blog is self-treatment (30’-60’/d), and the further fibro-work is an indirect form.
Self treatments are usually preventative or always have the same positive effect (e.g. cold showering improves Ache and sleep) - at least I do them for that - and I use “:arrow_forward:” to show what I’m doing to alleviate something and mark it off in the details “:white_check_mark:/:x:” whether it works well enough for a time or doesn’t’, e.g. Ache :arrow_forward: cold fast shower “:white_check_mark:
fw = fibro-work, meaning reading and writing this blog, the reference base, on 4 fibro-forums and researching fibro-stuff on the web.
AuTr = Autogenic Training (usually to actively get - back - to sleep, so counting it as sleep and AuTr…),
cold/FCS = Flash Cold Shower (20’’-60’’) , I count it as 10’ tho. At night with ear plugs & all lights off.
breath-hold/WHM-B-H = Wim Hof Method Breath-Holding,
Neck 1 is stretching top right to bottom left, vice versa & sky/ground, neck “1+” is stretching far further diagonally downwards, neck 2 is pressing my head against my hand “without moving”, left right and front.
loins = loins/groin = stretching the ligaments there.
ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,
RR = bp = blood pressure (Riva Rocci), plus pulse. Used to be normal, plus sometimes white coat syndrome, went up since fibro, seems to have gone down again, but I’m still sort of on meds, candesartan 16mg, instead of 8mg plus lercanidipine, cos I saw that c. has less side effects.
:new: “V” for loins = lie on back, legs up and let legs fall to sides;
:new: twist-stretching more for the loins

2021-06-26, Saturday :interrobang::interrobang::interrobang:

Sleep: 7h05, up 6x (40’) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 70% well, pain 2/3 of 7 :x: - whassup?!?

Sleep details: Dead & Ache of 4 before, pains during, but then up wide awake at 5:35, pain at 1!?!

20:30 p6/7!
20:45 Passiflora & Mg (4x45), and feel better for it, was starting to get listless and depressed, 21:30 GABA
21:50-
22:16 5’ “tripped up and fell” while drowsing… Mg? Or due to my wife being narked & hangry cos of eating late, after I’d gone depressed and Achy, then also windy. p2. neck 4/5, fw2’
23:20 10’? neck 4/5 every time I start nodding off. Neither neck exercise nor big pillow helping. FCS, esp. 4x on my neck, p2 th drink fw2’
1:09 4’ unrest p0 th drink (neck OK after the FCS) shake dance 1’
2:38 4’ p2 th drink. FCS or GABA up next? fw1’
3:13 3’? p2 th hungry → drink 30’’-FCS fw1’
4:47 15’ hungry → ate (Mg?) & Gatritol, bowels slightly ISBD (Mg?) - Ehm, why am I taking the Mg malate if I’m not sleeping better and both stomach and gut are misbehaving? Was it like that last time or is just everything askew at the mo? fw7’
5:36 Small pillow now better than big one; pretty wide awake, not gonna fall for that one; left testicle aching, hurting pain 7 to touch what the f*** is up tonight?
But still: not nec feeling that bad, leaving the perforated/riddled sleep aside.
OK I have fallen for it and am now doing fibro-work instead of sleeping… - something with a purpose and to distract, at least…
-end
Sum: 2h10+5h35-(5+10+4+4+3+15=)41’= 7h45-41’=7h05, up 6x (40’)
‘Dis’order: Lying on back with hunchback cushion → soft palate makes noises after 5’, lying on side or front, my neck hurts after 3’, if I do neck exercises it was usually gone, tonight it hurts again after another 5’, also elbows, esp. when partly lying on my arms, and kness. Plus unrest in back generally, not necessarily lower back. Gums at first. Wind 1x/h all night.

Activities: 1h25 :left_right_arrow: Feeling 80% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark: How come? When shall we 2 part? :roll_eyes: 20:40 still going good…

Activity-details: TT 6:2 1h10, dead easy!?! cycling 35', 20

Cycling 5+5+5+20=35’
TT 6:2 1h10 easy
Walk/Cycle to and walk in our Botanical Garden 20’ no problem, still wondering what’s going on.

Sitting + GI

At the hairdressers today I sat askew to be able to sit longer without pain, and she offered to cut it standing up, which was great for me. Just have to keep practicing to open my mush :no_mouth: :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :speak_no_evil: :arrow_forward: :speaker: :speaking_head: :loudspeaker: .
And with the smoothie I always get there I asked what was in it, and decided to risk banana, spinach and oat drink, which :arrow_right_hook: a bit of heartburn, like expected, but putting something to alleviate on now.

Treatments: 1h30 (self) (fw 10h!)

Effects of 750mg GABA, 4x45mg Mg malate, 2x290mg passiflora: hungry? Bad night, good day?

Hungry at 5:00 from the Mg?? And is the bad night and the good day due to the Mg / combo?

Effects of acupressure...

Hmm, dunno…

Physio-type self-treatments: 1h30, fibro-work 10h...

:white_check_mark: hunchback-hard-cushion 30’, cold shower 2x(10’), neck 1+ 5’, AuTr 10’, thumbnail 12x30’’, twist-stretch 5’, neck 2 1’, yoga 12’, marionette-hang 1’, = 90’…
:x: Timing, palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, workout 7’, V ‘, breath-hold 11’, loins 1’, shaking dance 1’, gums x30’’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night: 10’ 5:36-9:05 3h30 9:25-12:40: 3h15 +5’ +5’ 15:45-18:45-?30 +25 = 10h

Entries start with night meds & sleep, before activities & treatments, because the “night before” is vital. So Fri-day starts with Thursday night, the night before Friday.

Pain "7" = crying (/out) point; my 1 is others 2-3, and due to pacing/treatments

My wife says my 7 is other people’s 12. 1 is probably 2-3. Due to pacing, keeping work down to 25% (12h/wk) and all my treatments (acupressure, GABA) and physio self-treatments I manage to keep getting my pains & Ache down quickly. 3 usually means the Ache, not pains; these I address individually, often automatically and on the fly now, e.g. twist-stretching everything or something specific after getting up.

’ = mins = minutes, ‘’ = secs = seconds, h is hours as time length, 3h is 3 hours long, 3:00 is 3am, 15:00 is 3pm. 18:10:40’ means 40 minutes, starting at 18:10, = 10 minutes past 6pm up to 10 to 7pm. The date is the logical digital standard: YYYY-MM-DD.

slp = sleep; reasons for getting up: w = (a)wake, lbu/LBU: lower back unrest (‘RLS’?), p: pee, p2: pain 2 of 7 before peeing, i: ideas.

TT = table tennis, 5:1 = score, usually showing how well I’m feeling: energy, relaxedness & alertness if the first number is much higher than the second.

The self-treatments listed are only things that I’m spotlighting & rewarding myself for at the mo by counting them; much of what I do at night is self-treatment to get back to sleep or alleviate (1-2h/d), certain regular movements at daytime, like twist-stretching (30’), writing this blog is self-treatment (30’-60’/d), and the further fibro-work is an indirect form.
Self treatments are usually preventative or always have the same positive effect (e.g. cold showering improves Ache and sleep) - at least I do them for that - and I use “:arrow_forward:” to show what I’m doing to alleviate something and mark it off in the details “:white_check_mark:/:x:” whether it works well enough for a time or doesn’t’, e.g. Ache :arrow_forward: cold fast shower “:white_check_mark:
fw = fibro-work, meaning reading and writing this blog, the reference base, on 4 fibro-forums and researching fibro-stuff on the web.
AuTr = Autogenic Training (usually to actively get - back - to sleep, so counting it as sleep and AuTr…),
cold/FCS = Flash Cold Shower (20’’-60’’) , I count it as 10’ tho. At night with ear plugs & all lights off.
Neck 1 is stretching top right to bottom left, vice versa & sky/ground, neck “1+” is stretching far further diagonally downwards, neck 2 is pressing my head against my hand “without moving”, left right and front.
ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,
RR = bp = blood pressure (Riva Rocci), plus pulse. Used to be normal, plus sometimes white coat syndrome, went up since fibro, seems to have gone down again, but I’m still sort of on meds, candesartan 16mg, instead of 8mg plus lercanidipine, cos I saw that c. has less side effects.

2021-06-27, Sunday - fairly OK, interesting night

Sleep: =8h50, up 6x (1h55) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 80% well, pain 1 of 7, ‘unrest 3’ :white_check_mark:

Sleep details

!exact times
2xPassiflora & 4xMg 20:45 (hold on, praps I shdnt take all 4 at once, if it aint helping sleep anyway?), GABA 22:10
22:15-
22:45 30’ unrest trying to sleep on back and front, p1 th drink fw30’.
23:25 20’ FCS p1 th drink fw10’ Somehow still not really as tired as I usually am, hope the cold shower doesn’t backfire…
2:20 15’ p1 th drink fw1’ New lying on my front trick worked. Now tired. fw 12’
2:50 42’ Tried lying on my front trick again, but still unrest. hungry → drink fw5’ 6
5:14 5’ p0 th drink fw1’
6:33 3’ p0 th
-9:00 drowsy and slight headache → drink & RR, but I’ve definitely been well asleep.
Sum: 1h45+9h-(30+20+15+42+5+3=)1h55= 10h45-1h55=8h50, up 6x (1h55)

Activities: 1h50:left_right_arrow: Feeling 80% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Activity-details: TT 3:2 or 4:1, 1h, but pretty effortless; cycling 50'

Cycling 5+5+40 =50’ easy.
TT 3:2 or 4:1, 1h, but pretty easy

Treatments: 1h09… (self)

Been ordering a lot of supps the last few days, took about 2h altogether.

Effects of !650mg GABA (1st self-made), 2x45 Mg, 2x290mg passiflora

Sleep isn’t really getting better, but daytime energy, OTOH stomach problems from the Mg, so need to spread the dose more. Now I can spread the GABA too as I can fill my capsules like I want (smaller than the original and without stuffing probably quite a bit less, have to watch that).

Effects of acupressure: Unrest sitting & lying down is getting clearer

Lots to speak about and do.

Physio-type self-treatments: 1h10, fibro-work 5h05

*:white_check_mark: AuTr 5’, 2 hunchback-cushions 30’, cold shower 1x(10’), neck 1+ 3’, palpate 1’, belly 2’, back 7’, RR 3x2’ gums 2x30’’, thumbnail 8x30’’= 1h09…
:x: Timing, workout 7’, V ‘, twist-stretch ‘, neck 2 1’, yoga ‘, loins 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, *
Fibro-work: Night: 22:45-23:15: 30’ 9:00-10:18-6: 1h12 10:20-11:05: 43’ +30? 12:55-13:20: 25’ 15:20-16:00: 40’ 18:20-19:20 1h (?) = 5h05…

Symptoms

Lying (esp. trying to sleep): Unrest if lying straight up or down.

Lying on my back I can stop the noise my soft palate makes by overstretching, i.e. bigger pillow under my hunchback. Lying on my front I can put 2 pillows under belly and head and lie straight, so I don’t have to twist my neck. But in both cases now 22:45 unrest built up somewhere in my torso and I feel I need to twist-stretch it to endure it, which is how I usually lie (and sit): Twisted. How come tho I can lie on my back or front straight when my acupressurist is treating me. Any ideas on this, anyone? I’ll now try to keep my head straight up or down but somehow twist a part of my body, but I think that’ll cause neck-pain again. So I may have to cold shower to get rid of the feeling. Levodopa had increased this unrest, strangely, but I’m looking forward to trying it again, to make sure it was really that.
Now I’ve tried lying down on my front, pillow’s placed, neck straight on torso, freedom to breathe, but I go an itchy face and hand, plus my elbow was starting to hurt, but esp. unrest, which I still can’t define, so I need to cold shower to get that down and start again…

Sitting:

I’m trying to get up as soon as it starts aching. Sometimes same chair will work for a while, sometimes not. I’ve started sitting with one leg under my backside then vice versa again, like I used to - why did I stop tho - has it been better?

Talking: More & earlier timeout-requests

I’ve not been wanting to socialize again, not even with my grandchild. Only with my sis, but she didn’t have time.

GI: Mg causing heartburn, altho it's malate: adjust that

2:25: Heartburn. It’s certainly the Mg malate, altho that’s sposed to be good. :arrow_forward: Gastritol, soy drink, Gastricumeel. What if I directly took sodium bicarbonate: Would that neutralize the effect of the magnesium? But if this is the formula NaHCO3 + HCl → NaCl + H2O + CO2(g), there is no Mg in it…

RR: 9:30 avg. 122/75 59: Good, just the 3 supps, no meds

9:25 124/79 60, 118/73 58, 125/77 59 = avg. 122/75 59 :white_check_mark:

Therapy:
Docs/Diagnoses:
Development:
In “Sleep” & “Activities” I target various triggers/causes as well as single treatments. And In “Treatments” I focus on general treatments, preventing or alleviating single symptoms as they crop up. Now, after getting a handle on :white_check_mark: GI, I’m starting to identify my posture symptoms, :one: lying, esp. when trying to sleep :two: sitting, and :three: talking (both work or private), all strong discomfort I’ve been trying to ignore for decades. My :four: RR is important again. This :new: category symptoms cd be for more, but this is the most I can focus on at the mo.

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-06-28, Monday - another weird night

Sleep: 9h07, up 7x (2h14) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Sleep details: high excitability & nosebleed (Mg??)

!exact times
21:15 Passiflora & Mg & GABA, again not particularly tired.
21:45-
23:07-44 37’ p0 th drink fw35’
00:06 9’ FCS p0 th drink fw1’
2:03 3’ p3 th drink fw1’
3:20 4’ p2 th drink fw1’
4:34 33’ p0 th drink fw1’ teeth apo +1x45 Mg (hunger??), better leave for later.
5:20 taming with 6. 28’ fw 8’
6:54 26’ p2 fw3’ high mental excitability tonight, not due to certain thoughts, nothing that got on my nerves, just wildly racing, not much chance of curbing myself e.g. with mod-posts or apo-order. Suddenly 7:04 nose bleed, haven’t had that at all apart from when starting GABA + Mg + passiflora. Now I’m taking Mg anew, my nose bled anew. A web search shows only 1% of users on eHealthMe, not a particularly reliable source.
7:28-7:50 22’ hungry → eat
-9:06 altho it felt as if I’m not really sleeping the time raced, felt good & sort of nec tho. (get Ache down a bit) RR high??
Sum: 2h15+9h06-(37+9+3+4+33+26ö+22=)2h14 = 11h21-2h14=9h07, up 7x (2h14)
fw 2’

Activities: 4h22 :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Activity-details: live work 2h10, cycling 62', TT 1h10 4:2, easy

Cycling 8+8+8+8+5+5+5+5+5+5=62’…
TT 1h10, 4:2, easy

Treatments: 1h21 (self) (fw 3h05)

Effects of 650mg GABA, 2x45mg Mg, 2x290mg passiflora, 1x45mg Mg, 1x45mg Mg: good apart from sleep breaks

not too hungry, only at 5:00; much easier to find comfy sleep positions! Mental excitability.

Effects of acupressure: Same
Physio-type self-treatments: 1h21, fibro-work 3h05

*:white_check_mark: hunchback-hard-cushion 20’, cold shower 1x(10’), thumbnails 10x30’’, AuTr 5’, Timing, neck 1+ 1’, palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, twist-stretch 3’, marionette-hang 1’, gums 2x30’’, RR (3+5+4)x2’= 1h21…
:x: workout 7’, V ‘, neck 2 1’, yoga ‘, loins 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, *
Fibro-work: Night: 70’ 15:50-17:40: 1h50 21:25: 5’ = 3h05

Symptoms

Lying: A lot better at night, I think due to the Mg!
Sitting: Same chairs are sometimes OK

Sitting: Still bad. Same chairs are sometimes OK for a while (e.g. this evening - due to table tennis before?)

Talking: 10'-20'

Talking: Often 10-20’ limit. Sometimes even loosely chatting to my wife is stressy when it’s longer. Is that OK or something to work on?

GI: OK

GI - no problems, not sure about hungriness, as it says so for GABA for 5:00, but not in the sleep diary above…

RR: 9:25: 121/78 64, 15:53 !!!97/63 72, 21:25 107/67 67

9:15: 143/90 65 & 138/2 62 (running around), 9:23 126/74 64 despite typing, 120/79 62, 121/76 66 = avg. 121/78 64, 15:53: 102/64 73, 112/66 71, 125/57 72, 97/65 74, 96/61 70. :rofl: avg.: 97/63 72, 21:23: 130/71 67 (after sitting at table), 118/73 66, 105/68 66, 109/66 68, avg: 107/67 67

Therapy: Is my difficulty talking and talking loudly (thru a mask at work?) something for therapy? Or is it normal, just due to less energy?

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

Highlights and lowlights of the week - June 20th to 26th

1. Status: Continual Flare? :fire: “Stabilizing at a low level”. As I wrote longer on Thursday: The % I’m writing how I’m “feeling” is only on a physical level. Inside I feel 95-100% well most of the time.
  2. Guinea pig :guinea::pig:: GABA :pill: is still working well, still 1x750mg capsule, adding Mg the night before Saturday - high hopes there. If that doesn’t decrease my night breaks, I’m thinking of trying tiny amounts of L-glutamine (not glutamic acid), gotta watch out for my seizures again tho.
  3. Sleep: :sleeping_bed: :bed: Amounts: 10h38 9h55 9h05 9h35 8h58 8h10(+1h05) 7h05 has decreased, unsure why. 6:20 seemed OK again, despite me thinking I needed a long lie in “soon”, but the flare on Friday, with an achey night may’ve been a result, can’t see any other reason. Surprisingly good Saturday (80%, but effortless table tennis) and (spoiler:) Sunday (80%) & Monday (90%).
  4. Sleep breaks: Only 12’ of breaks in the night before Thursday! - extreme self-discipline plus luck :fast_forward: weirdest thing thing week. Looking for a clearer protocol what to do when, i.e. cold shower in the first sleep break, repeat if nec.
  5. Pillows: need to swap some nights (then all night).
  6. Lying at night as well as sitting in the daytime is both much more harrowing :grimacing: than I realized, as I’d been ignoring these pain/discomfort-types. Both are associated with “all of my rear end”. Acupressure is doing something for a few hours, but it isn’t having an effect on these two yet, my loins are still good tho, stairs usually no problem any more. Still have high hopes it can do more. This involves a lot of invisible things, like cushions, seats, the build of my bikes…
  7. :ping_pong: Table tennis was very hard on Thurs + Fri, pretty effortless on the other days. If it’d been lack of sleep then Sat wdntve worked out.
  8. Big long stint of fibro-work on my references at last was good for my soul, like I’d inferred last week. Bit exasperating that I won’t be able to link as much as I’d planned :grimacing:, but I’m hoping that it’ll be easy to simplify, because many treatments are not that specific.
  9. Over an hour of loud talking at work is still too much, Monday showed.
  10. (RR seemed OK, need to check more: spoiler: good, despite having stopped candesartan.)

Any ideas?

2021-06-29, Tuesday - Mg & acupressure: interesting & seminal effects

Sleep: 10h, up 5x (1h08’) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

(up 35’ due to wanting to write down the side effects of the supps)

Sleep details: Comfy! but druggy & dreamy from +Mg...

!exact times
Mg & Passiflora at meal :white_check_mark:, GABA 21:39
21:40-
23:01 4’ p2 th drink fw1’
23:11 20’ Cold shower. p2 th drink fw5’
1:48 6’ druggy p2 th drink fw1’ teeth
3:44 3’ druggy p2 th drink fw1’
5:22 35’ (= fw 30’ nec.) p2 th drink fw1’. Nose clotted & weird dream about a Philippino called Ingrid who had stolen my identity, which I only found out because an official police letter had got into my hands, without me being able to see why… totally illogical. Interesting that the main side effects I’d blamed on the GABA (drama dream, dry mouth, nose clotting & nosebleed) are coming up now due to adding Mg again (without the glutamic acid).
p2 th drink fw1’
-8:46
Sum: 2h20+8h46-(4+20+6+3+35=)1h08’= 11h06-1h08’=10h, up 5x (1h08’)

Activities: 5h30 :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90-95% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Activity-details: music production: 3h20, cycling full! speed 45', TT 5:3, easy 1h25

Speed Cycling 10+10+5+5+3+3+4+4=44’
TT 5:3, easy 1h25

Treatments: 3h (45’ self, 2h15 acupressure) (fw 2h10): GABA good, Mg good & bad, acupressure good

Effects of 750mg GABA, 2x45mg Mg, 2x290mg passiflora, 0x45mg Mg: Good finding sleep positions, but 7 side effects due to the supp-combi...

Energy for everything. Lying comfortably is getting very helpful. The nosebleed the other day, clotted nose once tonight (but only once), dry mouth, drama dream, eyes & mind druggy, plus hungry - but none of them were bad, will get better, and altogether not as bad as the lying comfortably is good…

Effects of acupressure: Brilliant, so much energy for cycling even faster

Energy for everything

Physio-type self-treatments: 44', acupressure 2h15 fibro-work 2h10...

:white_check_mark: hunchback-hard-cushion 10’, cold shower (10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, gums 2x30’’, thumbnails 12x30’’, twist-stretch 6’, = 44’…
:x: AuTr ‘, Timing, neck 1+ ‘, workout 7’, V ‘, neck 2 1’, yoga ‘, loins 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’

Fibro-work: Night: 40’ 18:00-19:30 = 2h10

Symptoms

Lying:

Lying’dve been uncomfy if I didn’t have the treatment, the knee roll is different to my bed. My acupressurist suggested trying different pillows.

Sitting:

Didn’t sit much, music production I did standing.

Talking: Nothing new today
GI: Good, except hungry at 5:00, but soy drink was enough.

Week 20th to 26th.

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

JayCS, I’m really sorry for asking this question on your blog. When I click on a person’s avatar to send them specifically a message, there is this long address? that you can’t read and the word message is covering it up. I don’t know where to start writing the message. The cursor is flashing next to the persons name. It’s hard to explain but I think it might be a glitch in the program? I sure hope I’m explaining this correctly. And I hope I didn’t mess up your blog. Freedom

No problem, doesn’t mess up anything, my blog is here for the taking :smiley:
Unfortunately or fortunately I can’t reproduce what is happening. When I click on an avatar, the word “Message” in white on a blue background, with a letter icon to the left, is what I need to click on and then a new form opens, which all seems right, and different to what you are seeing.
Can you send me a screenshot by any chance? Does it always happen, e.g. even after logging out and in, or resetting your device?

2021-06-29, Wednesday

Sleep: 9h16, up 5x (2h12) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Sleep details good to use a certain order, silly to get caught up in fw too long at 5..

!exact times
Mg & Passiflora at meal 19:30, GABA 21:00
21:20-
22:30 3’ p0 th drink fw1’
23:31 3’ p0 th drink fw1’ teeth
1:23 12’ p0 cold shower th drink fw1’
4:41 29’ 6 p0 th drink fw1’
5:43-6:58-7:18 1h15+20-10 fw: 70’+10
-8:48
Sum: 2h40+8h48-(3+3+12+29+1h25=)2h12= 11h28-2h12=9h16, up 5x (2h12)
(last sleep stint 7:18-8:48 +1h30 was def. nec, so I shdntve worked so completely, just written down a short note to get ideas out of my head)

Activities: 8h10 :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90->70% well, pain 1->3 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Only started realizing the Ache at 18:00, completely OK.

Activity-details: live work 4h10, commuting 10', cycling 1h25, grandchild: 1h20, TT 2:2 35' easy, drizzle; bike repair: 30'

Cycling (expected) 8+8+8+20+10+25+8+5=1h24
Live work: 10:50-15:00, hardly a break, but no stress. BTW: I put cycling to work under cycling, but I ignore the train times, and also rushing to the train, which isn’t fair on me, so I’ll add that now as “commuting”? Altho once I’m seated in the train I’m pretty relaxed, it’s the 2-5’ part from the bike to the track and from there to the train that I should be counting treble, because waiting for a train is not relaxing… :rofl:
So: commuting today: 10’.
Grandchild: 1h20. Short but stressful, despite me taking it relaxed. So I decided short table tennis is good for getting my mind off it.
TT 2:2, easy, 35’, drizzle.
Took bike to get repaired: 30’

Treatments: 55’ (self) (fw 2h35)

Effects of 750mg GABA at bedetime, 2x45mg Mg, ??2x290mg passiflora with evening meal: good this time

Worked well tonight, no side effects worth considering, but feeling comfy and well sleepy. Did I forget the passiflora tho? Almost forgot it Wedn eve., wasn’t in the pill box. Taking it this evening tho.

Effects of Tuesday's acupressure: Still brilliant

Yesterday’s energy is still there en galore. Speeded around on my bike, up and down steps, only playing table tennis in the evening got Achey (3), so kept that short.

Physio-type self-treatments: 55', fibro-work 2h35

:white_check_mark: hunchback-hard-cushion 15’, cold shower 1x(10’), AuTr 5’, Timing, palpate 1’, belly 1’, back 7’, thumbnails 10x30’’, yoga 2’, neck 1+ 3’, twist-stretch 5’, gums 3x30’’, = 55’…
:x: workout 7’, V ‘, neck 2 1’, loins 1’, marionette-hang 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’

Fibro-work: Night: 80’ 5’ 19:50-10-21:10 = 2h35

Symptoms

Lying: Still good! (+Mg?)

Lying again pretty good due I believe to the Mg (altho praps also acupressure).

Sitting: Better! (+Mg?)

Sitting was better today. Acupressure? Mg? Both? Normal fluctuations?

Talking: Stress at grandchild's.

Talking was OK, but there were no long stints. At my grandchild’s I knew it was enough trying to listen to both at the same time, so I ignored it when my son rang too - he’s getting used to it, and if he’s not that’s not my problem.

GI: Good...

GI: Salad today was only pepper, cucumber and lettuce, plus a glass of cooked green beans, so this week shdnt be a problem.

:new: Lessons in self-care

#1 My wife begged me to buy a new shaver at last - much easier, less painful, quicker… :roll_eyes: :white_check_mark:
#2 Pumped up one of my bikes: Much easier to cycle on it now… Who’dve thought :face_with_monocle: :rofl: :white_check_mark:
#3 Getting all bikes done up as well as possible by a neighbour, just around the corner, and quick, too. :white_check_mark:

:new: Reasons to be cheerful

#1 Cracked a problem at work today that was starting to stress me, by calling someone to give me their point of view, which clarified that I don’t need to do anything apart from passing the buck back to the people causing the problem and asking for to change their stance if possible. :white_check_mark:

Week 20th to 26th.

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

Hi JayCS, ok, you are correct. I click on the avatar. The white word “ message” in blue is situated on top of an email address that starts out with http/… I don’t know where to start my message. Is it at the end of the email address? If I’m still not explaining it correctly, I try to figure out how to send you a screenshot. I use my iPad when I’m on Ben’s Friends. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I want to learn more about computers etc.

Ah, gotcha now! :smiley:

These long things you mean that start with https:// aren’t email addresses, they are web addresses called “URL”. If you click on the avatar above this post, the URL of this post is automatically added, so that I know that you are perhaps referring to it.
If you want me to know that, you can click in front of it or behind it and start writing there. If you don’t and it irritates you, you can just delete it. To delete: You “select” it and just start writing ‘over’ it. (To select it: “Tap and hold the text, position the cursor at the beginning of the section, and drag to the end.”)

URLs are addresses of webpages and usually have http(s)… or www. at the beginning, whilst emails are addresses of people, and always have an @-sign in them.

By The Way (=“BTW”) - if you can remember the ‘name’ of who you want to write to, you can click on you own avatar, then again on your avatar on the short profile which opens. There you have many possibilites, including “Messages” and there “New Message” (or find old messages and answer them.)

HTH? (= “Hope That Helps”). We’ll “how to do screen shots” next time… :wink:

2021-06-01, Thursday

Sleep: 8h17, up 3x! (18’!)+41’= 9h :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Sleep details: Good! - Just too short, and dozing nap at 10:00 didn't help much.

!exact times
Mg & Passiflora at meal 20:30, GABA 21:45
21:45-
23:42 10’ CFS p1 th drink fw1’
2:10 5’ p2 th drink fw1’ ‘wart’
5:30? 3’ p0 th drink fw1’ teeth without looking at any clocks, which may have got the stress of having to get up soon down a bit… still need a better idea for this last waking…
-6:20
Sum: 2h15+6h20-(10+5+3=)18’= 8h35-18’=8h17, up 3x! (18’)
Nap: 10:01-10:42= 41’ (85%/3 during it, back to 80/4 after). Only managed dozing.

Activities: 3h50 :left_right_arrow: Feeling 80% → 60% well, pain 1 → 5 (Ache) of 7, TT 0 → 4, 2h rest → 1 :x:

Activity-details: live work 1h30, cycling 1h10, commuting 10', TT 1h10 4:4 (easy)

Cycling (expected) 8+8+8+8+10+10+5+13…= 1h10 (Last 13’ = incl. 2 bikes from repair a few mins)
Commuting 10’
TT 4:4 1h10 (totally relaxed & easy; but wet & sludgy)

Treatments: 3h30 (self 1h30, acupressure 2h) 2nd cold shower (11:00) got Ache from 4 → 2, acupressure 2 → 0.

Effects of 750mg GABA, 2x45mg Mg, 2x290mg passiflora, 1x45mg Mg: Good, no side effects at all, but Thursday evening IBSD probably from the 2x45mg

Effects of acupressure: Still energy!

Did right leg and left lower belly; energy still up, despite Ache from sleep “deprivation”.

Physio-type self-treatments: 1h30, fibro-work 2h20; details about plantar wart

*:white_check_mark: AuTr 10’, Timing, hunchback-hard-cushion 20’, cold shower 2x(10’), neck 1+ 2’, palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, twist-stretch 5’, yoga 5’, loins 1’, gums 2x30’’, thumbnails 10x30’’, “wart” 8x30’’ marionette-hang 6’ = 1h30…
:x: workout 7’, V ‘, neck 2 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, *
“Wart” means there’s a painful callus spot once again under the ball of my left foot (like under my right one) which has a stabbing pain, which my wife once thought may have been a plantar wart (the kind that’s deep and covered by callus, not what’s usually known as verruca), I got it down by using a few drops of tea tree oil 1-2x a day and scratching the skin down bit by bit; the skin doc didn’t find anything, said it might’ve been. Now I’m using tea tree oil cream for it, which may be less concentrated, but easier to apply very regularly during the day & night, so I’m giving myself baby tokens of 30’’ :trophy: everytime I do that.
Fibro-work: Night: 3’ 9:45 15’ 10:45: 8’ 10:55 4’ 17:30-19:20-20: 1h30 +10’ +10’ = 2h20

Symptoms

Lying: Still good, esp. using 3 pillows, helped by Mg

Lying

Sitting: Still quite good

Sitting

Talking: Kept it down, at work and on the phone

talking

GI: Still good, slight IBSD in the evening probably more due to Mg than what I ate

GI: A bit soft.

RR: Still seems good, GP said check it every 2 weeks, esp. when it gets colder again.

Lessons in self-care

#4 Took the elevators at the train station, not nec., but helpful.
#5 Didn’t talk to 2 people on the phone who called, didn’t feel like it. One I guessed right was a panic call as I later so in a mail, hope it doesn’t get to me.

Reasons to be cheerful

#2 A woman saw me doing back yoga: “Rucksacks can be heavy!” “Yeah; but my whole rib-cage is strained”, “A warm bath works wonders” “No, my skin’s too dry”, “Massage by a girlfriend” - “No, hurts, too; but good therapist knows which points to press”, “Yes, acupressure helps too”, I replied: Yessss, perfect, that’s what I get done, need it done by someone else tho". Funny - hardly anyone else on the web uses acupressure… :upside_down_face:
#3 Drizzle doesn’t affect me, I enjoy the coolness on my pain :+1:
#4 Made someone grin about themselves at work by not accepting their self-deprecation/modesty.
#5 Yesterday someone at work thanked me for “always” finding a way to sneak some praise into what I’m saying.
#6 Same person after another asked me if I’d miss work and I said no, then added: but there are quite a few times where I do enjoy it, so praps I wd, said: That’s what we wanted to hear.

Week 20th to 26th

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-02, Friday

Sleep: 9h48, up 6x (25’) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

:trophy:

Very disciplined, esp. considering my wife had night shift, so no social control.

It’ll be interesting to see if that makes my day better, which it doesn’t always.
Also whether I really want to continue like that, to make my life more effective (is it?) or at least to manage getting up at 6:20/going to bed a bit later better.
When waking comfy, Ache and pains are negligible. As soon as I move, my arms, legs & back do have various quite considerable Achey pains (2 of 7 ) like sore muscles, which thankfully improve after moving a while, e.g. doing exercises. But worse by not moving, which I’m not doing cos I’m writing…
What makes me get up so often, even if sleep is OK, like tonight? ():
:one: Mostly to drink (dry mouth)? :arrow_forward: Drink more in the daytime, less & dry mouth gel at night?
:two: 2nd Hungry/stomach burn (Mg/GABA)? :arrow_forward: More stomach herbs, preventatively.
:three: To move a bit, so that these pains don’t get too much?? :arrow_forward: Exercises before sleep??
:fast_forward: Write all these as a reminder in ‘tomorrow’s template’ for when I take the Mg.

Sleep details: Stint lengths: 1h40, 2h05, 1h20, 30', 1h55, 1h30, 2h

!exact times
Mg & Passiflora at meal ?20:30, GABA 21:30
21:35-
23:20 3’ p0 teeth th drink fw1’ wart
0:31 4’ p2 th drink fw1’ wart
1:53 3’ p2 th drink fw1’ wart
2:27 8’ p0 FCS th drink fw1’ wart (FCS cos the stints are short, altho not hot or thinky)
4:22 (wow ;-)) 4’ p1 th drink fw1’ wart (main waker: bladder)
5:52 3’ p1 th drink fw1’ wart
-7:48
Sum: 2h25+7h48-(3+4+3+8+4+3=)25’= 10h13-25’= 9h48, up 6x (25’)
Managed to blend out the panic call yesterday by blending in other less stressful but engaging thoughts of the day.
Mustn’t forget that it’s probably not just the Mg that’s helping sleep, but the 3 different pillows, plus hunchback cushion.
Altho I am mostly (tonight only) using the ‘new’ one, bigger but flatter.
Interesting that my hunchback hurts after waking whether I use the hunchback cushion or not.
And tonight cold showering in time, after a too short sleep stint.

Activities: 7h :left_right_arrow: Feeling 80/90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Activity-details: 1h digi-work, "1h40" live work, cycling 42', grandchild 3h!, TT 40' 4:2, easy

Cycling (expected) 8+8+8+8+5+5=42’…
Grandchild 3h, quite a bit of romping around on a playground, 2 kids jumping on me, but less stressful for me than talking too much… :wink:
After that (and an intense short break) I even managed…
TT 4:2 dead easy, as half asleep :smirk_cat::, (last match 21:9 - absolute precision, with absolutely no effort)
Just had the feeling I don’t wanna write down activity details quite as much, but then saw I don’t do it that much anyway… :grin: - and I need it to see if I can see a flare pattern…

Treatments: 55’ (self) (fw 3h20…)

Effects of 750mg GABA, 2x45mg Mg, 2x290mg passiflora, 1?x45mg Mg: Psyllium for the IBSD, gastro herbs for stomach

Great

Effects of acupressure: Good, still upright stance fairly often, which helps
Physio-type self-treatments: 55', fibro-work 3h20

*:white_check_mark: Timing, cold shower (10’), hunchback-hard-cushion 5’, palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, twist-stretch 4’, AuTr 2’, marionette-hang 4’, thumbnails 12x30’’, workout 2’, neck 1+ 3’, neck 2 2’, yoga 6’, = 55’…
:x: V ‘, loins 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, gums x30’’, *
Fibro-work: Night: 7’ 7:48: 10’ 8:02: 30’ 10:40-30-12:30: 1h20 14:10: 30’ 18:50: 5’ 20:30: 43’ = 3h20

Symptoms

Lying: After biochemical & physio adjustment, learn best sleep positions better.

Lying: Arms, legs & back hurt upon moving at night. Physio has improved the pain at the front of my left thigh.

Sitting: OK-ish. Test each seating possibility, listen to the pain for a while:

Sitting seems OK at the moment, so a good day for testing normality.

1. First test: 10:45-11:15 pain0 Padded chair 1 - feels good!
  2. Bench without cushion, better than usual if I try to take weight off buttock bones by NOT sitting too upright. 11:15: needed short yoga/standing after 15’.
  3. Office chair without cushion, again trying to keep weight off bones, but also coccyx. 11:45-
Talking: Don't want to much, but a bit here and there is fun: Short and intense.

Talked with about 8 people between 10:30 and 11:30, all 2’-6’.

GI: Take gastritol & psyllium with or after Mg & Passiflora

Stomach burn & IBSD after Mg/GABA: Take gastritol & psyllium with or after Mg.

Development: When someone asked if my fibro can get better, I said: No, it’s chronic, but due to everything I’m doing all day, it’s getting about 1% better per month, but at the same time age increasing won’t be helping. Shd I have added: At the moment, because otherwise it’d mean 0-:100: in 100x1 months = 8+ years? I don’t think so. Taking the maths correctly, if I’d now be let’s say (40 or)50% well, (not ‘feeling well’ (:sunglasses:), I mean ‘really well’ now :smile_cat:), then 1% of that (50%) is 0.5%, so if anyone wants to take these rough guides seriously they’d have to learn % calculation properly :smirk_cat:.

Lessons in self-care (and yes, these are ALL :new: things) :trophy:

#6 Aimed for and hit effective sleep!! :white_check_mark: Again :question::question:
#7 Deliberately scarpered for the earlier train to get anger :anger: :angry: out of my system, see #11 :white_check_mark:
#8 Whilst doing so, developed Plan B that I’d do something nice :hugs: if I didn’t make it in time. :white_check_mark:
#9 Decided to digest stressors by noting them & solutions here as 'self-care’, instead of stressor lists.
#10 It was right to answer a problem mail first thing this morning, and not yesterday evening. :white_check_mark:
#11 Anger after reading unreasonable expectations made me decide to take an offer back. :white_check_mark:
#11 That (plus a cut) made me grunt at my wife after her night shift: Realizing it, I explained. :white_check_mark:
#12 A found mobile on the train made me empathize as I’ve been forgetting them there, too. :x:
#13 It was too short before I got off to realize it’dve been best for the loser to keep it close to that town. :x:
#14 Now I need to comfort myself about this and got one other problem done. :white_check_mark:
#15 Tried getting home from work earlier, which due to delays meant at least not getting back later. :white_check_mark:
#16 Did yoga, stretching and workout during the train delays :white_check_mark:
#17 Decided not even to answer the implied unreasonable expectations. Naughty, naughty me! :smirk_cat: :smiling_imp:

Reasons to be cheerful :smile_cat:

#7 Someone at work I hadn’t thought I’d see any more was very thankful that I’d helped him the other day.
#8 Wrote “You too” back to the person who’d thanked me for sliding in praise. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
#9 Heard something to help the person in dire straits, others helped too.
#10 Fun romping with grandchild: Thank God for GABA! :pray:

Highlights of last week, 20th to 26th.

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-03, Saturday

Sleep: 8h21, up 6x (22’) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

:trophy: :+1: :ok_hand: :clap::clap::clap:

Sleep details: only 3 sips, still p 6x, drink earlier? 8h21 really seemed enough!

& Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium at meal ?19:30, Mg ?21:00 GABA 21:50, exercises0.
22:28-
0:00 2’ p1 th
0:16 8’ FCS due to unrest p1 teeth th wart (drk)
1:45 3’ p2
2:49 3’ p1 th, 1 sip, fw1’
4:46 3’ p1 th, 1 sip, fw1’
6:46 3’ p1 th, fw1’
Lipstick on dry lips, eye mask cos of sun, still a bit of neck ache, unrest, despite heavy eyes.
-7:11? yes, I’m awake!
Sum: 1h32+7h11-(2+8+3+3+3+3=)22’= 8h43-22’=8h21, up 6x (22’)

Activities: 4h15 :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Activity-details: music 1h30, shops 30', cycling 15', hard yard work 2h, tired at 18:00

music 1h30,
2 shops 30’
Hard yard work 2h
Cycling (expected) 5+5+5=15
TT 0

Treatments: 50’ (self)

650mg GABA, 2x45mg Mg, 2x290mg passiflora: Sleep, energy, but tired at 18:00 (short sleep, yardwork).
Acupressure: Still good for stiffness, energy, sitting.

Physio-type self-treatments: 50', fibro-work 4h10

:white_check_mark: Timing, cold shower 2x(10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, workout 7’, twist-stretch 2’, marionette-hang 1’, thumbnails 12x30’’, gums 2x30’’, = 49’…
:x: AuTr ‘, hunchback-hard-cushion ‘, neck 1+ ‘, V ‘, neck 2 1’, yoga ‘, loins 1’, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: 21:15-48 33’ 22:01-22:28: 27’ Night: 4’ 7:20: 1h17 +4’ 9:20: 20’ 19:00 60’? 25’ = 4h10

Symptoms:

Lying, sitting & GI: All quite good.
Talking: Introverted day today, apart from talking and doing a bit of yardwork with an old neighbour.
GI: Good. Using psyllium & Gastritol does help reduce the Mg malate & GABA burning as planned.

Lessons in self-care

#18 Good to get some house- and yardwork instead of fibro work done today

Reasons to be cheerful

#11 Small dispute with neighbour turned into a good deal: doing garden work in exchange for now being able to use the garden.
#12 My acupressurist texted me if she could borrow Trudy Scott’s Antianxiety book after all…

Highlights week 20th to 26th

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-04, Sunday

Sleep: 11h, up 9x (1h35) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90/80% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Sleep details: Bladder, despite drinking earlier, +300 GABA at 3:40 no help for bladder (yet?), but in combination.

!exact times
Mg & Passiflora at meal, Gastritol & psyllium after 20:30, GABA 21:30, exercises?
21:30-
23:20 3’ p3 th wart
00:17 9’ FCS p0 teeth th drink fw1’ wart
2:04 3’ p1 th, belly slightly hurting → Gastricumeel fw 1’
3:39 6’ p1 fw1’ + 350 GABA with 3 sips
4:15-4:52 40’ Started ruminating now about disability pay vs. if I had to pay the acupressure myself… Turns out I hadn’t read it properly and I get more than enough! Now my stomach is burning due to adding GABA, so trying bicarb, altho I’m always not sure it’s that good for me (checked: the sodium can increase blood pressure and changes calcium absorption). Just took 1 bicarb and another Gastricumeel… p0 (GABA?) & th
5:14 22’ Stomach is OK, but AuTr isn’t helping getting back to sleep, 6. fw 23’
7:27 3’ p1 th fw1’
8:23 3’ p1 th fw1’
9:51 (+GABA?) 6’ p0 (+GABA?) th fw1’ drowsy pressure on eyes, so bed till OK.
-10:06
Sum: 2h30+10h06-(3+9+3+6+40+22+3+3+6=)1h35’= 12h36-1h35= 11h, up 9x (1h35)
Stints: 1:50, 1h, 1h40, 1h32, 35’ doze, up 40’, 22’ up 22’, 1h50, 1h05, 1h25.
So 6h, then 2h fairly awake, then another 4h20. The 350mg GABA capsule hit in after the 2h dozy-waky time.

Activities: 1h10 :left_right_arrow: Feeling 80% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark: (drowsy from too much GABA)

Activity-details: cycling h10...., TT 5:1 easy (GABA?) 1h,

Cycling (expected) 5+5=10…
TT 5:1 easy (GABA?, 1h)

Treatments: 50’ (self) (fw 6h)

650mg GABA, 2x45mg Mg, 2x290mg passiflora + 350mg GABA at 3:40: Interesting :exclamation: After 2 hours it made me sleep another 4h, and made me drowsy, didn’t help with the bladder problems, but TT went a dream. Either I need to make do with unrelaxed TT (which wd be nice on my mate…) or I need to try adding something else, like the glutamine I’m thinking of repeating, more carefully this time. I’m thinking of increasing the evening dose first tho, using 2 capsules of praps 2x400mg to at least improve sleep, and maybe bladder too.
Acupressure: Right loin is a bit stiffer, left one good. Probably energy etc., had it yesterday during and after the yard work in any case.

Physio-type self-treatments: 49', fibro-work 5h33

:white_check_mark: Timing partly, cold shower 2x(10’), thumbnails 12x30’’, gums 2x30’’, marionette-hang 3’, yoga 6’, workout 3’, palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 6’, shaking dance 1’ = 50’…
:x: AuTr ', hunchback-hard-cushion ', neck 1+ ‘, V ‘, twist-stretch ‘, neck 2 1’, loins 1’, breath-hold 11’

Fibro-work: Night: 5’+10’ 5:36 fw 23’ 10:06: 2h 13:47: 28’ 15:10 40’ 16:00 7’ 16:55 50’, 19:00-50-20:20…= 6h…

Symptoms

Lying: Lying was OK at night, just when the silly thoughts came inadvertantly.
Sitting: Stiff after sitting in/on bed in the mornings, despite +GABA.
Talking: OK, drowsiness making me not want to tho.
GI: Stomach after a small ice cream yesterday evening and +GABA at night. Bicarb & Gastricumeel & drinking helped, but I want to keep bicarb as low as possible.

Lessons in self-care

#19 Ice cream is just not worth it, ever.

Reasons to be cheerful

#13 Being able to use the garden from now on will be a really good thing, additionally to our big balcony.
#14 My acupressurist texting me today that she does want to read Trudy Scott’s antianxiety book.

Highlights week 27th to 3rd, my blog-summary and my fibromyalgia-references

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

Highlights and lowlights of the week - June 27th to July 3rd

1. Better than stable: improving, no setbacks, not even “6:20” or 2h+ yardwork on Saturday. :trophy:
  2. GABA :pill: The empty capsules are a bit hard to fill, praps I need a “small stomper”.
  3. My urinal problems are up back to about half of before GABA (50% there, pain 0-2). :arrow_down:
  4. Adding Mg malate hasn’t decreased my night breaks. :arrow_down: L-glutamine?
  5. Sleep: :sleeping_bed: 9h, once 10h, then 8h+ on Thurs and Sat, but 10h- Friday: good, so 9h avg. :white_check_mark:
  6. Sleep breaks :bed:: Only 18’ the night b4 Thursday, 25’ b4 Fri., 22’ b4 Sat.!! Protocol & discipline :arrow_upper_right::trophy:
  7. Acupressure & Mg improved :sleeping_bed: lying & :chair: sitting :trophy: which I’ve been “studying” :face_with_monocle:
  8. Adding psyllium & Gastritol/Gastricumeel in the evenings got GI under control at night. :white_check_mark:
  9. :ping_pong: TT pretty effortless all week. :trophy: Something’s not going wrong. :wink: :partying_face:
  10. RR: :drop_of_blood: on Monday was perfect, so GP agreed I stop the bp meds but test every 2 weeks. :white_check_mark:
  11. House- & yardwork etc. instead of fibro-work is OK, but missing it… :racehorse:
  12. All activities good/better/more: music, cycling, grandchild 2x, TT, work, energy, yardwork.
  13. Started “Lessons in self-care” & “Reasons to be cheerful” on Wednesday, up to #18 and #12 on Sat. :trophy:

Any ideas what to stuff the GABA-powder into the empty capsules? They put a much too big plastic “spoon” in, I think I’ll take the smaller one that came with Vitamin C.

2021-07-05, Monday

Sleep: 9h29, up 6x (34’)+53’ = 10h23 :left_right_arrow: Feeling 90% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark: :trophy:

Sleep details: FCS at 3:30 was OK, warm feet improved bladder!? 1h nap nec. after 2h talky work.

!exact times
Mg & Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium at meal 20:30, GABA 21:00 (shdve been 60’ after a protein meal…), exercises?
p2 21:53-
23:08 5’ p3 th 1sip fw1’
0:40 7’ p2 th teeth fw2’ Gums: Seemed to have clenched the opposite filling back in, turned out tho, that food had got between. Shake-dance 1’
2:02 5’ p2 th fw2’ Brain at rest. Bladder oh so subtly, but like in the evening even after peeing.
3:35 8’ p1 th 1 sip fw1’ FCS Is putting more socks back on (only 3 at the mo) the problem? And FCS later than usual OK?
5:10 4’ p1 th 1 sip fw2’ wart. Socks good, trousers now, it’s “cold”.
7:01 5’ p0 (warm feet?) th drink fw1’
-7:58
Sum: 2h07+7h58-(=5+7+5+8+4+5)34’= 10h05-34’=9h29, up 6x (34’)
15:55-16:48: 53’

Activities: 60-80%/2-3

After sleep :left_right_arrow: 90%/1 :white_check_mark:
after 2h live work/40’ commuting/ 32’ cycling :left_right_arrow: 60%/3 :x: (loud talking thru mask)
after lots of self-treatments :left_right_arrow: 70%/2,
after nap :left_right_arrow: 80%/2,
after TT 5:1 & cycling 10’ (easy :white_check_mark:) :left_right_arrow: 70%/2, (:x:)
after plucking cherries for 2x5’ :left_right_arrow: 60%/3 :x:

Treatments:

2x45mg Mg, 2x290mg passiflora; 700mg GABA: Enough. Sposed to take it 30’ before or 60’ after a protein-meal (soy), but it worked.
Acupressure: Effects still there.
Stretches (loins, leg-V): First time again, reminds me that I feel “ill” during & even after 1’. Why?

Physio-type self-treatments: 1h40, fibro-work 40'

:white_check_mark: AuTr 5’, Timing, hunchback-hard-cushion 15’, shaking dance 2’, cold shower 2x(10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, workout 7’, thumbnails 10x30’’, gums 2x30’’, neck 1+ 5’, twist-stretch 2’, neck 2 1’, yoga 5’, loins 4’, marionette-hang 2’, breath-hold 11’, V ’ 5, = 1h41
:x: 0 :trophy:

Fibro-work: Night: 5’ 14:15: 5’ 10’ 20’ = h40

Symptoms

Lying: Better lying (if nec. stretched askew) on my side is better for my neck than on my belly.
Talking: Tough when longer thru mask, but I can’t find out what exactly it is (or if it’d be similar without mask.) Any ideas? Hard to describe the feeling, doesn’t compare to any other flares I have - very tired (incl. slightly feverish)
GI: Gastritol & psyllium in the evening was enough.

Development: Supplementing GABA is no longer nec. after 3-6(-12) months, sez Trudy Scott’s book.
I’m simplifying the way I note treatments and symptoms.

Lessons in self-care

#19 Cancelled going to an informal meeting that wdntve done me any good at all.

Reasons to be cheerful

#13 Continuing progress with sleep and hopefully bladder feels good

Highlights week 27th to 3rd

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-06, Tuesday

Sleep: 9h33 + up 6x (1h02) + dozing ?2h :left_right_arrow: Feeling 80% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Sleep details: praps too late, hungry from +10mg GABA

!exact times
Mg & Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium at meal 20:20, GABA 700mg 21:50 +10mg 2:30:.
21:53-
22:43 10’ FCS p0 teeth th drink fw2’
1:35 3’ p0 th drink fw1’ wart
2:32 8’ FCS p1 th drink fw2’ wart +10mg GABA.
4:30 28’ Stomach burn, p2 th drink fw1’ Gastricumeel . 6
6:31 3’ Stomach burn, p1 th fw1’ Gastritol drink
7:58 3’ 9’ bowel fw2’ p1 th
-8:28
Sum: 2h07+8h28-(10+3+8+28+3+3+7=)62’= 10h35-62’=9h33 + up 6x (1h02) + dozing ?2h.

Activities: 80-90%/1

(Feeling well in %, pain out of 7)
Mon. 21:35: 10’ Breaking wood for trashing, instead of bed.60%/3. Night 80%/1.
After music 2h30 & after & therapy 1h :left_right_arrow: 80%/1. Cycling fast 35’. (:white_check_mark:)
After acupressure 2h45 (relaxed) & TT 1h30 (7:3, easy), shop 20’ :left_right_arrow: 90%/1. :white_check_mark:

Treatments:

Acupressure 2h Tues & Thurs:
After the acupressure I had slight problems getting on my bike and in the evening wasn’t able to put on socks standing… She used her vibrating metal thingy today mainly…
She recommended: Palpate sternum if esophagus blocks. Leg down out of bed as 2nd loin stretch exercise.

2x45mg Mg, 2x290mg passiflora, 650mg GABA, +10mg 2:30:
Good,
but 10mg didn’t help sleep, increased hot flush & slight GI reaction in esophagus.

Physio-type self-treatments: 1h05, fibro-work 30'

:white_check_mark: Timing, AuTr 10’, hunchback-hard-cushion 10’, cold shower 2x(10’), palpate 1’, belly 3’, back 7’, gums 2x30’’, thumbnails 12x30’’, marionette-hang 5’, neck 1+ 3’, = 66’…
:x: neck 2 1’, workout 7’, twist-stretch ‘, yoga ‘, loins 1’, loins 2 1’, V ‘, breath-hold 11’, shaking dance 1’, RR x2’

Fibro-work: Night: 5’ 8:28: 5’ 18:30: 20’ = 30’

Symptoms

GI: Hungry from +10mg GABA sublingually
Stiffness: GABA has stopped most stiffness except a bit night/mornings, i.e. “normal fibro”…
RR:
Therapy: Talking loudly for almost 2h at work is an increase by 100% my therapist reminded me… It’d be interesting to see how I feel if cd dare to talk without a mask. Why do I keep contact with my mum?

Lessons in self-care

#20 To keep my sleep breaks low I need to go to bed earlier…

Reasons to be cheerful

#14 Yesterday someone at work who hadn’t seen me for ages waved long & nicely from afar.

Highlights week 27th to 3rd.

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,

2021-07-07, Wednesday

Sleep: 10h50, up 4x (27’) :left_right_arrow: Feeling 80% well, pain 1 of 7 :white_check_mark:

Sleep details: only up 4x, but dozing quite a bit, less peeing, back strange, loins better

!exact times
Mg & Passiflora & Gastritol & psyllium at meal 19:00, GABA 21:15, exercises?
18:00 dead tired.
21:20-
23:02 9’ p2 aired, cold wash (arms, lower back), teeth th drink fw1’
1:00 12’ (dozing / trying other mattress out a bit) FCS p1 th drink fw2’ wart (sore throat → Marigold)
4:25! 3’ p1 th 3 sips fw1’ shake-dance 1’
6:19 3’ no p! drink fw1’ shake-dance 1’
-8:37
Sum: 2h40+8h37-(9+12+3+3=)27’= 11h17-27’=10h50, up 4x (27’)

Activities: 70-80%/1-2

live work 4h - talking normally to single persons thru a mask for about 1.5h :left_right_arrow: 70%/2. :x:
TT :left_right_arrow: 80%/1 :white_check_mark: - dead tired, so lost first 0:3, yawning once every 2 minutes, then won the next 3, so 3:3 - but all of it was easy, effortless. Hope I can sleep well after it now tho.
(Cycling 42’…)

Treatments:

Acupressure 2h Tues & Thurs: Loins worse till sleep, then better. 4 pains (of 3/7) on my right side, still right thigh 2x10’ (3/7).

2x45mg Mg, 2x290mg passiflora, 700mg GABA:

Physio-type self-treatments: 1h10..., fibro-work 2h55

:white_check_mark: AuTr 3’, Timing, hunchback-hard-cushion 25’, cold shower (10’), palpate 1’, belly 2’, back 6’, twist-stretch 5’, loins 1 1’, loins 2 1’, gums 2x30’’, thumbnails 10x30’, shaking dance 6’, neck 1+ 3’, marionette-hang 5’, neck 2 1’, = 70’…
:x: workout 7’, V ', yoga ‘, breath-hold 11’, ’

Fibro-work: Night: 5’ 8:40: 30’ 12:50 5’ 12:50 30’ 17:00 15’ 17:55: 35’ 20:20: 55’ = 2h55

Symptoms

Lying: Testing around using all 4 pillows. Curling my legs and head backwards.
Trying the new trick with one leg down from the bed is OK, but not better than that curling back.
Sitting: Fairly tough today, needed to stand & stretch a lot.
Talking: OK emotionally/stress-wise. 1.5h with about 5 single people, one for 1h, 5’ with a larger group, but the mask is the tough thing for my body which answers a good part of the question if it’d be a difference if it were off…
GI: A small amount of wind regularly, esp. at night, not in the daytime, so I think it’s the supps.
Bladder: Good (0) after acupressure, pain increasing till GABA in the evening. Off and on 0-2(-3), still not sure if warmer feet are helping that much, but praps a bit.
Loins: Better at 1:00 than at 21:00, better in the daytime.

Therapy: Her question about contact with my mum is making me question the contact with my mum… :face_with_monocle:

Lessons in self-care

#21 Good test today that it seems to be mainly the mask that is tough on me at work.

Reasons to be cheerful

#15 I think/hope I could help quite a few people today
#16 Now it’s probably the mask making work so hard is really good to know.

Highlights week 27th to 3rd, my blog-summary and my fibromyalgia-references

ex = exercises
HWB = Hot water bottle,