I'm getting my disability! Whoo-Hoo

It couldn't have come at a better time...Last Thursday morning, my hot water heater decided to spring a leak and we called out home insurance to start getting the water cleaned up but the tank itself wasn't covered because it was so old. We didn't know how we were going to replace it; we had no money and no one would touch us because we had no money. Friday afternoon, I was sitting in my studio and I heard a calm soft voice say, "Check your bank account". I am not kidding you, it was the type of voice you don't hear in your head, you hear it in your soul. At first I scoffed because I had just checked it on Thursday morning. So I opened my bank account on-line and had money from Social Security. Now, I don't have my Notice of Decision letter yet or how much I'm getting but I know it was from Social Security. I didn't tell you all that I had called them a week ago on Monday and they told me there had been a decision made but they did a random file review and my file was one of the ones "chosen". However, they couldn't tell me what it was in case the decision was reversed. I do need to call them later to find out when the materials will be sent out. I'm a little uncomfortable with not having it all in writing. The odd part is my stomach has been churning the last few days to a point I had to take a panic attack pill because i felt like I was going to throw up! All in all, I'm so relieved...just need the info now...

Woot Woot Congrats....It's good to hear when someone with fibro gets approved...I am sure this will take a little load off your shoulders. Congrats again. Hugs, Robin

Like they say, always listen to your intuitions! You just felt it and you were drawn to that bank account no matter what. That is FABULOUS news! I’m sure you are anxious about getting the full report, but try not to set off a flare. What disturbs me about social security is telling you they did a random file review! Can you only imagine how many files are stacked awaiting - people who’s lives are on their last dime. Something needs to be done in this whole process! It’s like winning the lottery and your application is in the bin to be drawn. It’s just not right for all who have been waiting for years!

I’m so glad you listened to your soul and could get a new water heater. This really made me happy and I’m sure many will rejoice with you and your family! It gives us all hope that our day will come :slight_smile:

Sandi:), I agree, I think the whole process is flawed! Why should people have to jump through so many rings of fire into a system that is allegedly there to help those in dire straights. I was one of the lucky ones...it only took 10 months and I didn't have it denied and have to file an appeal. And there is such a shroud of mystery about the whole process. There is no clear cut steps that list how should one document your medical issues or how long should you wait before contacting them regarding your status. I would call them 2 times a month to see where I was at in the process. I had my care provider at the clinic where I'm receiving services to send a letter (they gave me the letter to take in to Soc Security) stating I was an appropriate candidate for disability and I needed it promptly. That's the few helps I can offer to folks still trying to get what's theirs! Lil A

How long after you applied was it until you got an answer?

This is awesome news! I'm sure you'll get the rest of the info quickly, since they've already padded your bank account. Yay for new hot water heaters!!!

Congrats!
Renie♥

HI LIL IM SO GLAD FOR YOU I APPLIED JAN 2012 WAS DENIED FILED FOR RECONSIDERATION DENIED MY ALJ HEARING IS JUNE 2013 IM DOING EVERYTHING I CAN TO PREPARE HAVING MY DR AND NP FILL OUT THE FIBRO QUESTIONARE IM SO GLAD FOR YOU. I LISTEN TO. MY LITTLE VOICE ALSO AND NEVER IGNORE IT IM TEDTIFING HAVING THE FIBRO FORMS FILLED OUT AND PLACE IT IN GODS HANDS.MY FRIEND JOAN AND I WILL LEAVE THE HEARING AND ATTEND THE CHURCH LADIES ANNUAL TEAPARTY AGAIN CINGRATS

Congratulations! Congratulations! I love that intuitive voice you heard! Awesome! You can count on that income now. I'm so happy for you.

The paperwork will surely arrive soon. Meanwhile you've probably already purchased a new water heater.

Hugs,

LKitty

Woo hoo!!!! Congratulations, Lil Al!!! Way to go!

It took maybe a week or two for me to get the letter. If you used an attorney, call them to see if they got a copy, as they may have received it first. And my case got reviewed too, because they chose a much more current date of disability than I had given them, and of course, the review went in their favor on that point. But still, money is money and it's nice to finally get it.

The next payment was the following month, as they start the payments one month later. So I was approved in late April and got the first payment the third week in May (I'd already received my lump sum in late April).

Again, congratulations to you. It's such a huge relief, isn't it?

CONGRATS!!! Woo-Hoo! So happy for you Al, it sure is a load off when that money appears in your bank account. I know the feeling! I remember when my lawyer called and said I didn’t have to go to the hearing as the ALJ had reviewed my case and approved it. Then we were thinking it would be a while before we got the money, my husband checked our bank account and there it was! Congrats Al! Leanne

I applied July 5, 2012 and I got the lump sum on May 24th. I have several dignosises along with the Fibro...I have COPD and Kyphosis.

Thanks to all of you for being so supportive...I fear my husband over-did himself with house stuff and he's having Stomach pain...We thought it was Diverticulitis; he was on antibiotics and pain pills and he still isn't better...he's worse...so now I'm taking him to the VA Emergency Room today. I'll let you know how it goes... Lil A