Living With Fibromyalgia - Online Support Group

How do I go about getting a Dr to treat m?

I am looking for a Dr, possibly in the Philly area who diagnosis and treats fibro. The last rheumatologist refused to continue treating me because my psychiatrist would not change 1 of the meds I take for depression. I have never had any testing to show that I have fibro. Thanks!

If you have a general practitioner he can order blood tests. There are NO tests for fibro, but blood tests can rule out other diseases. Then you can progress with treatments. If you go to WebMD and look at “Drug Interactions” you can type in the med you take, and then next some usual fibro meds. Lyrica. Gabapentin which is Neurontin, Plaquenil. Naproxen. are a few. see if any of those interact with what you are taking.