Happy Birthday Mommy

The time is here, and I am here alone, in the dark. Today, Christmas Eve, would have been my Mom's 58th birthday. I started getting weepy early in the day on Sunday. I couldn't go to church and face her friends, all trying to make me feel better, when they can't.

I still can't believe she is gone. I miss her constantly.I cry throughout the day. My best friend is gone.

I feel like I was robbed, a huge part of my life is missing & I cannot get it back. I'm so sad and I don't want my kids to know how badly I'm hurting. I just miss her face, I miss her smile and her caring words. Her heart was so warm, and her hands so soft. Then she was gone from me, and her body was cold, and her hands had become hard. She didn't look like my mom anymore. I kept thinking it wasn't her. At the funeral it wasn't her, it looked nothing like her, and everyone kept saying how pretty she looked.

I wanted to scream It's Not Her!!!

I knew this Christmas was going to be difficult and I know I will get thru it, I will be a better person, I need to live my life more Christ-like. I'm not interested in stuff,I want to put my mark on this world. I want to help people. I want to be selfless. I want to be compassionate like my Mom was.

Happy Birthday Mommy! I love you &

I can't wait to see you again!

Dearest Colleen,

My thoughts and prayers will be with you today. I am very sorry for your tremendous loss, but I am very glad that you had each other! I love my Mom that way too, she is 80 years old, I want to keep her forever!

Love, hugs, Merry Christmas,

SK

Colleen,

I am so sorry for your loss. Christmas time is also very hard for me because my mom passed four years ago. Her birthday is Dec. 26. I can't even bring myself to go to her grave very often bc it makes me have a panic attack. There are so many things I want to tell her about, and I can't. I may be grown, but I still very much need her in my life. I have children, and its always nice to call your mother asking what to do about a new problem. I would just like to call her ... period. My dad remarried shortly after my mother passed, and I just can't seem to get close to his wife. I guess it's because her personality is nothing like Momma's. I truly sympathize with you. I will be thinking of you. Nevertheless, I hope you try to have the best Christmas possible. Hugs, Susan H.