I’ve watched thru this 70’ talk plus questions by Dr. Andrew Gross. Bit long, and old, from 2011, I think it’s good, he’s a very understanding rheumatologist.
Some comments on it :
19th min: Disappointed by his focussing on the older theory of pain “oversensitivity”. In the 25th min: he even suggests that the same can be said of things like IBS - as if IBS were just a “sensation”, oversensitiveness! (2011 is quite a long time ago…)
30th min (and again later): “If you have fibro, you shouldn’t do too many tests, and therefore the fibro-diagnosis is good to know.” I disagree, but I agree not to do operations etc. too quickly.
65th min: People are “less sensitive to pain” after CBT? Yes, but I think they probably cope and pace better too.
67th min: ‘Ways how people react to us’ is great, never seen it differentiated that well before. (cf. in the questions, 79th minute)
Answers to questions:
76th minute: Us having depression is a normal response to the pain, not pre-disposition: Agreed.
77th minute: Guys pain seems more focal and more intense (- not in me ;-)).
81th minute: This doesn’t belong to any one specialty, because it affects so many parts of the body: Agreed.
85th minute: A third of veterans get PTSD, so often things like fibromyalgia too.
Before that I’d seen this newer 40’ talk “Understanding how to manage fibromyalgia” by Rachel Lynch from FibroIreland, 2018. Nice and fun too - a few things I beg to differ in her case too.
Already mentioned it in my blog a while back.
I Like him and Dr. Daniel Clawe both are sympothetic and knowledgeable
Is that Dan(iel) Clauw, Uni. of Michigan? They published extensive research I think it was 2006…
There’s some talks by him on youtube too, I’ll be looking into them. Altho I’m not really learning anything from these talks for myself… :-/
Now this is a nice one by zdogg MD, in case you’re up for a bit of crudeness and laughter in between, breaks the “science” of it down very well, empathetic and still very entertaining at the same time:
Yes I play his U tube Videos for my person to person Support Group We enjoy his info
Really liked this video, JCS - He’s great!!! It also had a decent dose of Laugh Therapy to boot!
Thank you, dear friend!
Quote from a Feb 2021 study “Role of youtube-videos analyzed” (who’d’ve thought!): YouTube as a source of information on fibromyalgia - PubMed
"Health professionals should be aware of the importance of health-related information on YouTube and provide high-quality accurate and up-to-date content."
So here goes with recently collected further good talks.
Mainly by recognized docs. In brackets ( ) if I have doubts about the quality.
Edit: V1.6, 2022-04-28 14:30 Added some Tedx talks.
Next: Moseley, maybe one or two on vimeo. Distinguish videos on Fibro from those on Pain generally - or not?
- Aakre, Christopher, Mayo Clinic, 2019, 19’: Fibromyalgia: Mayo Clinic Radio - YouTube
- Bateman Horne Center: see Bateman, Holeman. Many more. Does more on ME/CFS, but often with FM, like the following:
- Bateman, Lucinda, 2020 38’ Getting the Right Diagnosis - ME/CFS & FM Educational Video Series - YouTube Diagnosis
- Bateman, Lucinda, 2019 60’ Overcoming Barriers to Access Care, Dr. Bateman October 2019 - YouTube Accessing Care
- Bateman, Lucinda, 2018 40’ Activity Intolerance and Pacing - ME/CFS and FM Educational Video Series - YouTube Activity
- Bateman, Lucinda, 2017 1h19 Empowering Patients, Advancing Research, and Improving Clinical Care in ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia - YouTube
- Bateman, Lucinda, 2016 1h40 (2016) Simple But Effective Tools for Management of ME/CFS and FM - Lucinda Bateman, MD - YouTube Tools
- Bateman, Lucinda, 2014 46’ Can ME CFS and Fibromyalgia Research Help You Sleep? - YouTube
- Bateman, Lucinda, 2011 1h25 (2011) "ME/CFS and FM: Research and Awareness in 2011" Lucinda Bateman, M.D. - YouTube
- Bateman, Lucinda, 2009 Sleep 1h13 "The Challenge of Disordered Sleep" - Dr. Lucinda Bateman - YouTube
- Ben-Artzi, Ami, UCLA Health, 2013, 31’: Fibromyalgia | Dr. Ami Ben-Artzi - UCLA Health - YouTube
- Bruce, Barbara, Mayo Clinic, 2017, 4’: What is Fibromyalgia? - YouTube
- Bruce, Barbara, Mayo Clinic, 2017, 4’ (FM vs. CFS): How Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Are Related - YouTube
- Bruce, Barbara, Mayo Clinic, 2017, 4’ (Strategies) https://youtu.be_sky3_sIRgk (insert / after “be”)
- Bruce, Barbara, Mayo Clinic, 2019, 4’: Mayo Clinic releases new guide to fibromyalgia - YouTube
- Caudle, Jennifer, 2019 14’ The Best Treatments for Fibromyalgia - YouTube (Dr Oz) & 5 more, 2019, also short, 4’
- Clauw, Daniel, 2021, 1h15 Chronic Pain, Centralized Pain, Flares, & Fibromyalgia: Examination and Multidisciplinary Strategies - YouTube
- Clauw, Daniel, 2021, 58’ Differential Diagnosis Part II: Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia - 11/17/2021 - YouTube (DD Pt. II: Chronic Pain & FM - ECHO)
- Clauw, Daniel, 2017, All in their Head? 1h54 Chronic Pain - Is it All in Their Head? - Daniel J. Clauw M.D - YouTube
- Clauw, Daniel, 2015 Depression (2014 NIH) 40’ Dan Clauw, MD: Pain and Depression: What is the Relationship? - YouTube
- Clauw, Daniel, 2013 5’ Fibromyalgia Update - Daniel Clauw, M.D. - YouTube Update
- Cole, Frances (ex-GP, Yorkshire) 2020 1h04 IASP Webinar: Living Well with Pain: Supporting Self-Management in Everyday Clinical Practice - YouTube
- (Dore, Robin, 2013, 10’: tender points, altho obsolete. Fibromyalgia: Dr. Robin Dore explains the symptoms and treatment - YouTube)
- Farhad, Khosro, neurologist FM & SFN, 2019, 27’ Fibromyalgia & Small Fiber Polyneuropathy (Full Lecture) | Khosro Farhad, MD - YouTube
- ((Fed Up with Fatigue New fibromyalgia research (March 2020 update) New fibromyalgia research! (March 2020 update) - YouTube))
- (Fiechtner, Justus, Rheum, 2022, 41’, 25’ talk, 15’ Q. Fibromyalgia with Dr. Justus Fiechtner - February 03, 2022 - YouTube)
- (Furlan, Andrea, MD PhD, 2019 8’ Q&A "Why some people get fibromyalgia?" by Dr. Andrea Furlan MD PhD - YouTube)
- Furlan, Andrea 3 types of pain 2022 14’ Nociceptive, neuropathic and nociplastic pain by Andrea Furlan MD PhD - YouTube
- Gross, Andrew 2011 1h27 Rheum. Fibromyalgia: It's Real, It's Manageable, What You Can Do - YouTube Fibromyalgia: It’s Real, It’s Manageable, What You Can Do
- Guymer, Emma, 2022, AUS, 58’ (incl. 15’ Q) All About Fibromyalgia - YouTube
- Guymer, Emma, 2019, Monash Fibro Clinic, AUS, 62’ Diagnosing and managing fibromyalgia - YouTube
- (Holman, Andrew J., 2007 OFFER published on youtube by Bateman Home Center in 2011)
- Jenner, Chris, London Pain Clinic 13’ How you can treat and manage Fibromyalgia - YouTube
- Jenner, Chris, Medicines 2016 3’ What medicines are used to treat fibromyalgia? - YouTube
- Katz, Robert Dr. J of Rh.2021 16’ Intramuscular pressure Intramuscular Pressure Is Almost Three Times Higher in Fibromyalgia Patients - YouTube
- Lewis-Hall, Freda, Pfizer, 2020 6’ (The Doctors) Fibromyalgia: How to Manage Chronic Pain - YouTube )
- Littlejohn, Geoffrey, Monash U, Melbourne, 2016 58’. Diagnosis and Management of Fibromyalgia - YouTube
- Lohr, Kristine, U of Kentucky (Vid: UofWisc) 2018 53’ „It’s not an easy visit“ 10’ Q. 3/2/2018: Fibromyalgia: It's Not an Easy Visit - YouTube
- Louw, Adriaan, podcast with Joe Tatta 2021 32’ Pain Neuroscience Education Plus With Adriaan Louw, PT, PhD - YouTube.
- Louw, Adriaan with „Bob & Brad“ 2020 12’: Fed Up With Fibromyalgia? A Pain Expert Gives Advice - YouTube „Pain Meeting“
- Louw, Adriaan: Fibr. Workbook used by „Bob & Brad“ Top 3 Things You Should Try If You Have Fibromyalgia (Based on Science) - YouTube
- Louw, Adriaan: Fibr. Workbook used by (Bob (without Brad) with “Chris the Pharmacist” Fibromyalgia, (Have Pain, Fatigue, Brain Fog & Memory Loss), 4 Steps to Success! - YouTube
- Lynch, Rachel 2018, 40’ Understanding how to manage fibromyalgia - Rachel Lynch - YouTube Arthritis Ireland
- (Mackey, Sean, An Update on F. (Stanford) 2009 1h15 An Update on Fibromyalgia - YouTube)
- Mayo Clinic see: Aakre, Bruce, Mohabbat, Oh, Sletten, Thompson…
- (Mehrez Yasser, Pain Doc, Milton Keynes 2021 13’. An expert's guide to managing fibromyalgia symptoms - Online interview - YouTube. TopDocs UK)
- Mohabbat, Arya, Mayo Clinic, 2017 9’ Fibromyalgia: Mayo Clinic Radio - YouTube
- Moseley, Lorimer 2019 9’ Professor Lorimer Moseley discusses his experience with pain for Feeling Human at MOD. - YouTube see webpage Tame the Beast, similar:
- Moseley, Lorimer 2011 15’ TEDxAdelaide - Lorimer Moseley - Why Things Hurt - YouTube (TEDx)
- Moseley, Lorimer 2018 1h13 Pain, the brain and your amazing protectometer - Lorimer Moseley - YouTube
- NHS 2012 3’ (FMA UK) Fibromyalgia: Suzanne’s story Fibromyalgia: Suzanne's story | NHS - YouTube
- (Nicol, Andrea, Dublin 2018 Fibromyalgia: from fiction to fact and to the future - Andrea Nicol - YouTube Fibromyalgia: fiction / fact / future)
- Oh, Terry H., Mayo Clinic, 2014 11’ Fibromyalgia Treatment Research - YouTube.
- Okifuji, Akiko, UoUtah, 2017 56’ https://youtu.be/DSTLjRxffk4 (BHC; Sleep, Weight, Activity)
- Ortiz, Elizabeth, Rheum., Texas, 17’ https://youtu.be/WCm9OK-of3c
- Robinson, Philip, 2019 2’ https://youtu.be/zCm4j7a6NSA
- Robinson, Philip, 2018 50’ A guide for patients https://vimeo.com/266594487
- Rullo, Jordan 2018 47’ https://youtu.be/E2KJUEhAyHg Sexual Health (BHC)
- Staud, Roland, PAINWeek 2019 4’ Treatment https://youtu.be/KyjzcH4gr2o
- Staud, Roland… 4’ Treatments on the horizon https://youtu.be/KyjzcH4gr2o
- Sletten, Christopher, Mayo Clinic: CSS. 2022 22’ https://youtu.be/vJNhdnSK3WQ
- (Tennan, Forrest, Chronic to Central Pain: Warning Signs & Tips 2014 45’: https://youtu.be/gbD9m-JPmJk, but his „hp“ seems to show he prescribed opioids too much.)
- (Thieme, Kati Prof. Dr. 2021 with Dan Neuffer (CFS unravelled) https://youtu.be/HRb22NZDaL0 = E7 (or Episode 8): Discovery of New Effective Fibromyalgia Treatment by Scientist who shares Chronic Pain Insights 2021. German accent hard to understand, no subtitles.)
- Thompson, Jeffrey, Mayo Clinic, 2013, 8’ Overview https://youtu.be/4ZMCO4tEuYw.
- (Tiwari, Dr. Arun 2022 6’ Apollo Adlux Hospital https://youtu.be/KMUW8wG7TVg)
- Tracey, Irene, 2021 45’(-3’) https://youtu.be/0p6Gv2bdz_U?t=190
- Tracey, Irene, 2021 2h11 https://youtu.be/DOixCniuHTg
- Tracey, Irene, 2021 1h08 https://youtu.be/8WLhLS6IFJE
- Williams, David, New CBT for Pain. Michigan, 2019 29’: https://youtu.be/QQBd_v71jSo (incl. EAET) (Fibro Guide becoming Pain Guide).
- Wood, Patrick 2010 14’ https://youtu.be/Gu-3qrEdV7E Pt. I = https://youtu.be/iL4pMWa351M
- Wood, Patrick 2010 14’ https://youtu.be/Qj870KAxDMc Pt. II.
- Wood, Patrick 2010 11’ https://youtu.be/3iFpdoY9e5Q Pt. III.
- Zoffness, Rachel, Chronic Pain with “zdogg”, 2021 1h40 https://youtu.be/3Mn9QMTmRDM
- Zoffness, Rachel, 2021 1h44 https://youtu.be/E79oB-4ZCfw
- Zoffness, Rachel, 2020 60’ https://youtu.be/XFVB3vsaGwM
- Zoffness, Rachel with Inna Khazan 2021 32’ https://youtu.be/ncttnCKX8mQ
- Zoffness, Rachel Psychotherapy 2021 54’ https://youtu.be/qSfhHxOcX8s
- Zoffness, Rachel Psychotherapy 2022 32’ https://youtu.be/JJPbf0a-Xk0
- Zoffness, Rachel with Dr. Lisa 2019 22’ https://youtu.be/6nhfERrBPUI
- Zoffness, Rachel Bio-psycho-social model 2020 17’ https://youtu.be/FBB7putZxBk
- Wolfe, Frederick, Lisa Harris, R. John Looney, Mark Hyman, „SECOND OPINION | Fibromyalgia - APT“ 2011 26’ https://youtu.be/ZXido5wLF50
TEDxTalks on invisible chronic diseases / pain etc.:
- Brady, David, 2016 49’ https://youtu.be/MXtY58l_Zgk and about 30 more (author of The Fibro Fix)
- Berg, Eric, Dr. Right-Sided Fibromyalgia: Gall Bladder https://youtu.be/jjHrwNlI7Q8
- Berg, Eric, 2016 2’ https://youtu.be/J8t74XMziP8
- Congdon, Melissa MD: Guaifenesin + low carb. 2015 36’ https://youtu.be/DtPPoOBeXTM
- Congdon, Melissa podcast-interview 2019 60’ https://youtu.be/NF__E6PHBlA
- Dailey, Mark, Dr, Fibromyalgia University, 28’ functional https://youtu.be/_TRln6BJRrI
- Dailey, Mark 28’ What your doc can’t tell you https://youtu.be/_TRln6BJRrI
- Dailey, Mark, 8’, Reduce Flares https://youtu.be/ceZNT_4oJNk
- Dailey, Mark, 5’ Flare explanation https://youtu.be/ZrVIw0_6Ibs
- Rutherfood, Martin, 2017, 1h50, https://vimeo.com/215771124
- (Shiller, Andrew David, 2022 12’ https://youtu.be/ePjLZBHZZT8)
- (Shiller, Andrew David, 2011 23’ https://vimeo.com/22949922)
- Teitelbaum 2013 ABIHM conference 48’ https://youtu.be/HGJiLwH1bKg
- Teitelbaum 2021 (Honest Offense 36:) CFS, Long CoV etc. 46’ https://youtu.be/eGKhkb9GdCA
Funny one: Tender Points vid from the 90s? https://youtu.be/vaMDwMyLXZc
About stiffness by amateur youtuber Pammie Jean: https://youtu.be/dkiADo3fRcU