Fibromyalia or bursitis

I had an emergency doctors visit today. I've had a lower back pain all week. As with all of us it's something we live with so it was just one more pain. This time the pain kept getting stronger and around mid day I had a sharp burning pain that went from right to left hip. It felt like I'd been stabbed then cut open. I was screaming, I could not walk or sit. My husband rushed me to the doctor office. Thankfully I was seen right away. I was given two pain injections,one on each hip.The doctor said it was bursitis. I've never had this type of pain.Ive googled it but I really don't understand it. I would like to know who else has bursitis and what helps you.

Try WebMD,, it's my medical information website.

Thank you Nykki, the only place I can say I've over used my joints would be aquatic exercises. I'm tring to keep up with the others so I may be overdoing it. It does feel good at the time. Be well.

Hello Nova... I have Bursitis in so many places... shoulders, knees, hips, Gluteal bursitis and bi lateral sacroilitis... Between the guteal bursitis and Sacroilitis my butt was on fire!!!! So far I have had 13 injections for Bursitis...My Rhuemy and I had a discussion about this...I wanted to know if bursitis is part of fibromyalgia...he informed me that it is common for people with fibro to have bursitis... I also have tennis elbow in both elbows and golfers elbow in the right...Each time I go to my Dr. and have a new place hurting me...this side of my hip that side the groin area...always is BURSITIS... the injections cause discomfort for a couple of days then that place will feel so much better...

Oh and my injections are cortisteroids...

also overuse is not the only cause of Bursitis...falls, Arthritis, prolonged sitting, prolonged activity, worn shoes and repetitive motions can all cause bursitis...