Quantcast

Living With Fibromyalgia - Online Support Group

Fibro and Panic Attacks

Does anyone else experience severe panic attacks along with fibro?

1 Like

I do it’s becoming more and more terrifying. I never know who I am going to be when I wake up and I never know if I’m going to have the ability to face the challenges of the day here rational manner I just want to stay in my house with my cat and my husband but obviously I can’t do that I’m lonely and I’m so tired all the time I just want to cry

2 Likes

I too have cats!! Ativan has helped my panic attacks. I take one half every morning 45 minutes before crossing a bridge to work and then one half before coming home. Your not alone. What does your doctor suggest?

Hello Melanie!
I was so excited to see your message. Thank you thank you it is so nice to be honest with someone who understands.

I take a half of one once I get to work, it does help I just am really not a very energetic and have to tell myself continually what to do next
I know some days for me anyway aren’t much better than others and I hope that today is a day for you that is very good here is my cat she has no problem relaxing she is petty thanks again for saying hello hope to talk to you again soon

I know what you mean. It is hard to explain to people who have not experienced it. But it is real! Without Ativan, I couldnt cross the bridge!!

Dear Melanie,
I thought I had sent you a return message and now I can’t find it so I want to make sure that you got it. My doctor is giving me a prescription for Ativan and sometimes I take 1/2 but I just didn’t like a zombie you know I was laying here this morning because I felt so bad and thought understand this and then I remembered you guys thank you so much for sending me a note I hope that you are having a good day

Your never alone, we understand. Take one day at a time. Sending you some rays of sunshine!

Evannava,

I have chronic anxiety and panic attacks. In fact, they used to get so bad I had to pull of the side of the road because I would get dizzy and my heart would race. I do take Xanax and Buspar twice a day, which has helped, but since I am on disability now, I don’t have to leave the house, which I rarely do. Just going into a store can make me very anxious. I typically go very early in the morning. I am also claustrophobic and hate crowds, so I never go to movies, fairs, sporting events, or ride in elevators; anything crowded or closed in. I had the panic attacks and anxiety prior to the FMS, but they got much worse once as I got older. I do think these are very common in FMS sufferers. I don’t like going over bridges either as I think I read in another posting. Hope you have seen your doctor and have got some resolution.
Take care, Deborah

1 Like

I also suffer from panic attacks I am hoping that your doctor can do something that can help you mind really hasn’t been able to and I am just going to have to get a different one I’ve been with this one for years but it’s just not changing. If you have any relief from anxiety and panic attacks I would love to know how . I exercise as much as I can and trying control the things I am able but it gets really hard when you feel so isolated and quotation mark but yourself quotation mark I am praying for you I know how it feels

I’ve chronic panic/hyperventilation attack in both awake and during sleeping , then anxiety disorder and Major depression usually hit very fast which keep panic/hyperventilatng going along with fibro shooting up my spine all over my body. It’s so scary I stuck indoor for more than 4 years, got out with 1 good month , then went back indoor again almost another year now.

1 Like

Omg! same here¡¡¡ I tought I was going crazy

I have panic attacks with my Fibro.My attacks sometimes cause a type of seizure.My doctor gives me Kolonipin and it helps.But sometimes I still have what I call a break through Attack.I did yesterday at church. A seizure started to happen but my husband got my shoes off and ministered to me and I was fine .The seizures start in my feet.They begin to turn my feet inward.

Gosh I would love some energy. I have become very reclusive…UGH so NOT me, well, who I used to be. I just found out I have a heart disease (herrediary). Would Ativan interfere with the heart?

Welcome welcome that’s exactly the way I feel I’m so so so so depressed I have not even been able to figure out how this site worked everything is seems beyond me

On top of this you have a heart disease. I will pray for you I know this isn’t much help but you’re not alone I feel the same way and I hope that you find some relief any any relief it’s amazing how comforting it is to talk to you guys I’m so glad I kept trying and thank you to the lady or gentleman who sent me a note telling me to keep trying it worked thank you

I am thinking of you colorartist. It takes a lot of Courage to get up every day and then to reach out to people you don’t know thank you for sharing thank you for sharing and I hope if I hear anything that can help you I will let you know

I feel for everyone here on these boards. Big hugs to everyone!

I suffer from panic attacks. I was diagnosed with GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) at about the same time I was diagnosed with Fibro. It’s awful. This week in particular I’ve been have bad panic attacks. My doctor hasn’t prescribed anything… I have the feeling he thinks I am a malignerer. His advice is always “Get over it!”. Very frustrating.

To deal with the panic, I will go for a walk (if I can), cuddle my cat or listening to slow music (to try to lower my heartbeat). Deep, rhythmic breathing sometimes helps. I try to treat the panic as a physical reaction: I remind myself that my alarm system is broken. I will repeat to myself “I am safe right now. I am safe right now.”

As a last resort, I just let myself go through it until I am exhausted. There are times I just can’t fight it.

Evannava I was happy to see this post too. I just had one yesterday, at least I think it was a mild panic attack. I suddenly started shaking after talking with my dentist about needing a crown and the tears came. The dentist assistant ask if I was ok and I said I don’t know where this came from. She was nice and told me it happens a lot. It took me a while to calm the nerves down. That was strange.

Hi I have fibro and I also have panic attacks and lots of anxiety. Which inturn I have depression. It drives me crazy sometimes. I stay home quite a bit I don’t want to go anywhere and have all the psychological things I go through along with the pain. I really need to get out of my comfort zone though.It’s hard to do any exercise because my feet hurt a lot. It’s associated with fibro. Also people with diabetes have that with their feet. I am borderline diabetic. I started after several years of having fibro with the other symptoms I now have. It’s just nice hearing other people having the same symptoms. Thank you so much. I’ve had so much trouble getting on the site. I don’t know why. Thank you for listening to me.

I have an anxiety disorder that long-preceded the fibro. I don’t want to go out. I just want to stay home with my dog and tend to my fibro, which changes from morning to night. That’s not very fair to my husband. I agreed to go to a cookout this weekend where they’ll be a bunch of people. I already feel so anxious since they don’t understand fibro nor do they want to. My fibro is already flaring.

Yes, I do. Everyday, at any given time, all through the night, I have debilitating panic attacks that no one seems to really understand. It’s extremely frustrating because I never know what is going to trigger the next one. I take something for it, but it only helps a little. I am sorry you are experiencing the same problems.