I saw this today and thought it might be helpful for anyone making a dietary change.
5 WAYS TO OVERCOME EMOTIONAL BLOCKS DURING DIETARY CHANGES
1. Positive Thinking! In order to get over these emotional blocks, it is important to know that a lifestyle change always involves a positive mindset. Oprah Winfrey hit it on the nail when she said "My philosophy is that not only are you responsible for your life, but doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment." Make each moment count with a positive attitude.
2. Practicing compassion, unconditional self love, and acceptance through dietary transitions will lighten our expectations and give more room for learning and growth. Our heart must be in it so we can celebrate when goals are reached, as well as call upon it when times get tough. We become open to knowing that there are ups and downs to every endeavor, and as this happens, we are able to go with the flow and be more present with our daily choices. Don't be too hard on yourself if you have not met certain health goals, just pick up where you left off and try again.
3. Remember all those symptoms you are trying to resolve! Physically: weight gain/loss, hives, rashes, headaches, water retention, digestive disturbances, respiratory issues, nervous system imbalances. Mental/Emotional: fatigue, sluggishness, mood swings, inability to concentrate or focus... Life feels better without them! Remind yourself of this often.
4. Find support. Surrounding yourself with people who can support you can really make the difference. Friends and family are always wonderful to have on your side, but you can also find support in community groups, online forums, websites, and blogs. Many, many people want to share their stories and more often than not, they will resonate with something you have or are experiencing.
5. Be creative in the kitchen and HAVE FUN! We are so very lucky to have Whole Life Nutrition as a resource to support your dietary needs as well as introduce so many new and exciting foods to try. No one ever said eliminating certain foods had to be boring! If you do feel you are getting bored of the new foods you are eating, chances are you are in need of a few good new recipes to change it up. An extra bonus: share your food in the household or at a gathering! More often than not, people love what you will have to offer and realize that being health conscious is the way to go!
"Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else." ~Les Brown