Discouraged

Hello. Does anyone ever feel like you are just waiting for something to happen so you can live your life again? I’m so frustrated with doctors switching MEDS around all of the time, trying different diets that might help, loosing weight then gaining. My life is ran by migraines and fibro and I’m only 39! When do I get to enjoy my life?

I can relate. I know the road you are on is not easy. I am sure none of us likes the ups and downs. But, Hear me out. YOU have to stay strong through all of this. In the end It Is Only Whats Best For You. If a Med is not working why take it? If a diet regime is not working for you why continue to try that route? See, we all have to go through trials in order for us to have our tribulations in the end. Do not let whatever your ailments are, get the best of you, because you are better than that..... You are Strong.... You woke up this morning....Isn't that a plus in itself?

I feel the exact same way. I will add to it. These therapists and alternative care professionals that I spend hours with every week, and then I don’t show up for 2 weeks and they do not call. This awesome “care team” that I developed for myself is just business, ones that will bill you and ask for thousands. I am right on your wagon regarding diets, I am supposed to be gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, processed-free, and no peanuts or almonds. No apples. When will I catch a break? I was thinking about scheduling a hair cut, but whats the point? I cant afford it and I have trimmers upstairs, so maybe I will just shave my head.

We just have to keep our heads up and keep going. I am glad there are others feeling the same way. Also kinda awful to feel glad for that though.

Hello Micheall,

I feel for yoy, I truly do! I am only 58 and feel the same way. But what to do, you can only find a routine and meds that suit you. This is going to be trial and error. No quick fixes with this condition. I'm afraid. To enjoy your life.... no answers from me, only that you focus on the positive, and be the best that you can be. Most important things in my life - my grandchildren - move hell and highwater to be with them, look after them etc not easy , but I do it. So that's it -FOCUS - and that will keep you going.

Good luck and take care, Anne

Hi Micheall and welcome to the group! I am sorry it is so difficult for you right now. I understand about feeling like life is passing by . . . I spent a few years feeling that way. Eventually, I decided that I wasn't going to let the Fibro run my life anymore. It took a while but slowly, I was able to find things that helped improve how I felt. Probably the most important change was my attitude, once I started trying to focus on the positive (even small things) I realized I felt better overall. Yes, I still have Fibro and yes I struggle with it but I am better able now to handle the ups and downs. Hang in there and keep us updated on how you are doing. Hugs!!!

Hi Micheall,

I'm 34 and I have fibromyalgia. I recently saw a advert video done by a retail outlet on overcoming cancer and about having courage and the people in the video (non-patients) kept saying courage is about overcoming. I think with fibro, there is a need to also learn acceptance and that there WILL be good days AND bad.

To have the wisdom to know that there are circumstances that cannot be change and are beyond our control. Sometimes courage is about accepting the only thing you can change is your attitude towards suffering and pain which will always be in your life. And when you have no strength left, courage is also about admitting that you need help, and having the humility to seek it. That's why this community exists.

I read this phrase before by Reinhold Niebuhr, which I think sums everything up very well:

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference".

Oh *#_!@%^=!!! How many TIMES have I thought of this???

I used to be able to do SO MANY things, & now I am either waiting for one of my grown children to come & help (I am 53) or trying to adapt, adjust, improvise......& yet there are SOME things that I STILL cannot do!!! & Sadly they are left undone. (Niggling & naggling at me, this has got to get done, is there anything that I have forgotten? Is there some way, some how???)

Yes, I have actually SCREAMED into a pillow at night. I will go into the shower sit on my shower chair (because I can no longer sit on the floor), get the water as hot as I can stand & have it hit the top of my head & BAWL!!!

& HOPE it will be better tomorrow. M

I can relate to what you are saying and what others have added. I feel like my life is out of control because of this and I have no control over the symptoms, what helps them or how to stop feeling like this. I'm worried I'm going to lose my functionality, my job and my identity to this horrible, horrible diagnosis. I am also sick and tired of the multiple medications and treatment options I have tried, that provide little relief and have some major side effects. When will this get better? When will I be able to live again and be happy about the small (and big) things in life?

I'm trying to be positive and focus on the "good' things, but how can we do that when we are in so much pain, exhausted and defeated? I worry about how this will affect me when I get older. And honestly, I don't have time to worry about how it will affect me in the future, I need to worry about how I feel right now.

Sorry you are going through this too,

Sara