Disappointed

In February when I said the OT took the ramp away as I was unable to bring it in. Then the minister of my church started making me a ramp. I was due to have it this week. On Tuesday my Support worker from the Management of the Housing Trust enquired about what is the position with the OT and the ramp. (support worker has been off sick) when I told her what happened I duly mentioned about the one I am getting and told her I cannot wait until I get it so I can walk out of the bungalow and get back in easy. Wonderful. Then my Support Worker said I need permission to have this ramp. I never ever lose my temper (I did not know I had a temper) but I did this time. Permission has been denied because it is made of wood and it does not come up to health and safetey standards… Thankfully my minster is fighting the case for me. But at the moment those words ‘permission denied’ is just going round and round in my head. Hopefully I will settle down soon and just get on with the things I can do and not worry about going out and wondering if I will be able to get back in.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry Rosebud! Sometimes life is so unfair. Saying prayers that you will be allowed to have your ramp. I thought this was a free country??? Stay hopeful, stay strong, my friend.

1 Like

Thank you for your prayers, which are appreciated. I am calmer now and no longer have self pity like I had on Tuesday.

1 Like

Hi Rosebud, I’ll be saying prayers for you too. This is going to sound very pessimistic but… I feel like when you’re diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it comes with a stamp that reads “Permission Denied”. This “fill in the blank” would make life easier. Nope! Permission denied! I can’t work due to all my Fibro symptoms and need social security disability. Nope! Permission denied! I really need to tell someone how I feel and how much pain I’m in. Nope! Permission denied! I could use some support from friends and family. Nope! Permission denied! I need a doctor who won’t judge me and will really try to help me. Nope! Permission denied! I’m sorry I had to cancel plans with you again. Please keep inviting me. I want to have fun. Nope! Permission denied! I’m so glad there aren’t any STAMPS on this website. Hugs to you! :hugs::hugs::hugs: Sorry for the the sarcastic comments. :disappointed:

Freedom, you know, I remember when I was in my early 30’s, before FMS, and there was a lady in my church who we always seemed to be praying for and who ALWAYS had problems. I remember thinking, how could anyone be down ALL THE TIME??? Now, that person who is always having physical and emotional problems, and pain, is ME, and the people around me are just used to it, I guess. I’m not sure how else to explain it. Maybe they think I’m just “used to it” too, but the thing others don’t get is that no one can ever get “used to” feeling this way. So, I see where you’re coming from. But, I also get how everyone close to us is desynthesized to our pain, when all we really need is for them to say something encouraging or loving…I even have to remind hubby that I need that. I do wish that your family would stop pretending that you well, and give you the compassion and real love that you need. In the meantime, we are all here to remind you that YOU ARE LOVED :purple_heart:
Hang in there, dear Freedom, and you, too, sweet Rosebud!

1 Like

Yep, me too! :yo-yo: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’ve even started praying for myself :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

LOL, JSC - My FIRST laugh therapy of the day!!! :laughing: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

1 Like