Quantcast

Living With Fibromyalgia - Online Support Group

Appreciating complete strangers

I don’t think people realize what an impact their support, understanding, and caring words mean to so many of us. We deal with friends, family, doctors and the world in general that don’t believe what we go through. So to have people we meet online who actually can become good friends is so important and I feel blessed to have those who believe in me, pray for me, and support me. So, thank you. Finally, a few quotes to close out with.

1. Those who believe we can do anything and those who believe they can’t, are both right.

2. Never confuse people who are always around you, with people who are always there for you.

3. Getting angry at people for making mistakes doesn’t teach them not to make mistakes, it teaches them to hide them.

4. Since I don’t qualify for a She Shed, I want a bitch barn.

5. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

2 Likes

Wow, GBear. These are great! #1 is so true (Mind over matter!) And #4 is SO funny!!! I’ve never heard that one!
I appreciate you, also, sweet GBear. Your friendship, caring ways & inspiration helps to get me through the day :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you, sweety. The warning in my area has been lifted for now but it’s a wait and see with the winds coming up this afternoon. Sending lots of hugs!!

1 Like

You’re so right! Some of my sweetest friends are the ones I’ve known through groups on yahoo years ago and through twitter years ago. We’re now all facebook friends, so I can keep up with them almost daily. Unless you’ve dealt with a chronic disease like this, it’s just too difficult to understand.
I need to get on here more often. You, my dear, are a joy! I love your quotes!
Shari

I am so lonely with my fibre etc,moved from the North to the South 10 years ago,so hard to make friends later on,everyone has their established groups of friends,diagnosed 5 years ago but probably had it over 20.loneliness and illness are not good together.I don’t want to sound lazy,have been trying to find local groups to wear I live,South Petherton Somerset,I can’t drive any more…fibro,grrr!.I hope I find and can give the support you have.love quote number 2… Ali x

Alip, welcome to the community - We are glad you are here! :blush:
I agree that loneliness and illness is a tough combination, and I’m thankful for the friends I’ve found on this site. I work from home now, and will go for days without seeing anyone but my hubby and my pup.