- Becoming sensitive to your anxiety, stopping as soon as you sense it and can, feel it, FACE, ACCEPT, FLOAT, LET TIME PASS, if you fog it over or suppress it, it will get worse & stay longer, you will probably need to do some irrational, maybe addictive things which will give you new problems and make the thing you are trying to run away from worse.
- Self-care: for your inner child. Possibly with counsellor.
- Learning to STOP! compulsive thoughts/obsessions (cf. OCD).
- CBT Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with counsellor, books, anxiety groups. Find out what kind of anxieties you have, what triggers, to train them, new images to interpret apparently negative things positively.
- Relaxing: Progressive Muscle Relaxation, Autogenic Training, Self-Hypnosis, Meditation, Relaxing Music / Videos (often nature sounds), Imaginary Journeys (e.g. flying over landscapes).
- Attitude: Here and Now, Mindfulness
This is very helpful, JCS! I would rather not have to increase my anxiety medication. Hopefully, it won’t come to that - We will see…