The following is a copy of what I put out there on LivinG W/TN. This news has brought on a full body flare, can't sleep, can't get a hold of my pain...any of it. I would appreciate you taking the time to read this post and if you're so inclined, wish me luck? Thank you most kindly!
PeacenLove~Always~Laurel aka Northwoods G-Ma
This will be a 2nd try at irradiating the scar on my Geniculate Nerve from getting Shingles in 2011 both internally and externally.
My RO took it to the Board of RO's at Botsford Cancer Treatment Center in Farmington Hills, MI over a month ago and they just called for me to come down for the surgical consult and to sign on the dotted line a dozen or more times. Then I run over to Troy to do the same at my Neurosurgeons office!
It is possible that I could be in surgery the following Monday. I have already been approved for a second try with my Neurosurgeon so it could go pretty fast.
He promised me that when presenting my case he would tell them that I would not consider another try without an increase in radiation or time in.
I'm getting pretty worked up over this and it may not even happen for a couple of weeks. I'm just going by how fast it went the first time. Sign on Fri., surgery on Mon.
I just really hope it works this time because I won't do it again.
I'll just be on Narcotics for the rest of my dayz and boy, won't that be fun? You know I'm kidding right?
I will update when I get back home, whenever that will be ;)
Happiest of Mothers Days for all the special Moms there are here!