Adderall provides relief?

Long story so I will hit the highlights. I am curious to see if anyone else has had a similar experience. I have psoriatic arthritis (diagnosed in 2011) along with being diagnosed with fibro in 2014. I also had a brain aneurysm rupture in 2014. A lasting effect from the ruptured aneurysm was what essentially amounted to a huge case of ADD. The bleed occurred in the organizational part of my brain so this did not surprise my doctor. I was put on vyvanse in the morning then given an adderall booster in the afternoon. One of the things I immediately noticed (within a few hours) was that over 50% of the body pain I had been living with was gone. I had been on biologics, methotrexate, arava, two doses of Celebrex daily…nothing had come close to touching the pain the way this had. Ok, so I felt like my rheumatologist and the neurological psychiatrist (the prescriber) were going to think I was nuts if I told them this. Neither were surprised. They explained the chemistry and said that these drugs would work similarly as cymbalta with some people. My problem is that when I have some medical drama involving a surgical procedure, it causes my arthritis/fibro to flare. After getting things under control last summer and being taken off humira and methotrexate, I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in August and had to have a total thyroidectomy…you got it, huge flare. Was put on enbrel and methotrexate in December. My blood pressure started going up, concerned that the adderall was doing this, I stopped taking it and tried to get by on just the vyvanse for the ADD. About a month ago my arthritis/fibro symptoms in my leg were the worst they have ever been. Looking back, this was not long after I stopped taking the adderall. I seriously thought I had a stress fracture (I am a runner). I felt like my knee was going to burst and there was an awful sensation of it cooking from the inside out (I don’t know how else to describe it). I had a lot of difficulty driving (it was the right leg) because sitting at a traffic light with my foot on the break was excruciating. Heat, ice, Epsom salt baths, not to mention the scary meds…nothing helped. Two days ago, the experience last summer occurred to me. I had adderall left over so I took 10mg, within one hour I felt so much better. I took 2, 10 mg doses yesterday several hours apart and this morning the pain is about 85% gone. Going to make an apt with my doc today. So sorry this turned out to be longer than I intended! I just wanted to share this crazy story and see if anyone else has had any similar experience. Thanks so much!

Hi, I might consider seeing an orthopedist about your knee. All the best!
HUGGGGGGGGGS
Suzie

I actually have, and an urgent care physician and I have spoke with my rheumatologist. The ortho and the urgent care MD said they thought it was inflammation in a tendon. Because I have a psoriatic arthritis diagnosis, things like this aren’t terribly alarming to anyone. This just seems to have been one of the more prominent flares. The rheumatologist is the one who diagnosed me with fibro a couple years ago, I didn’t put much stock in the diagnosis until the last few months. The way this flare has unfolded is very consistent with fibro.

suzie said:
Hi, I might consider seeing an orthopedist about your knee. All the best!
HUGGGGGGGGGS
Suzie