Quantcast

Living With Fibromyalgia - Online Support Group

About the Emotional Support category

Having a bad day? Are you flaring? Have your friends and family found their earplugs? Well, this is the place to let it rip! We are here to listen and we get what you are going through. The is is a safe place to share your feelings and to unburden yourself.

I have had a hard week.The week here has been rainey and cold one day and warm the nextday.This plays a game with my body and all the pain.Not to mention the depression.The trick is to try and stay positive and try and shake the depression off.

1 Like

Feeling really low today. Fibromyalgia, no matter how long I’ve had this disease my husband just can’t believe it’s as bad as it is and chalks it up to anxiety or just making it up b/c I don’t want to do something (which is farthest from the truth). I hate this… I just want to sit on the couch or go to bed but he wants me to suck it up and take a 2.5 hour car ride (one way), visit family, stay at a hotel, visit more family and drive home (2 hour drive). I want to see family, but I don’t want them to see me like I am today. I’m in pain, moody, can’t think clearly… I want to be known as the fun, energetic aunt/sister/daughter-in-law, sister, daughter… not this pathetic fat, crazy old lady.

When I started this Fibromyalgia journey I had no idea it was a progressive disease. But I’m just getting worse, the symptoms more often and more intense. I don’t know what’s worse: the pain, coordination issues, the cognitive problems, or the knowledge it’s just going to get worse.

Is there anyone out there who can help me?